Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I still trying to figure out if I heard Blair Horan correctly.

I don't want to believe what I think I might have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

blair desperatly tryng to defend the money to cash a cheque but you can tell his hearts not in it as he knows its game over now the IMF will be DEMANDING changes in PS practices within 9 monthes

interesting times ahead

:)

Indeed, god bless the IMF. The politicians have been kissing union ass long enough.

My partners a teacher and a reduction in her wage will hit us hard enough but you know what, I look at the bigger picture. The country cannot afford them. And it would be nice to see the unions take a massive kick up the hole.

All public servants are vastly overpaid, I was one myself as recently as 2 years ago. I couldnt believe how much I was getting paid at the time, it was ridiculous tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus do you hear the fear in liam doran !

his lot must be going to be savaged by the IMF.

cant say i blame him, it took two years to get rid of 7000 out of 8000 workers if i heard him right and now the IMF will want everything done in less than a year which will probably include a heafty pay cut.

listene to the bloke hes basically saying " YOU try running it !"

i think thats what his problem is, the IMF have just said "grand, seeing as were paying for it , we will !

:)

Only perk in RTE..."A Free copy of the RTE guide"...sure Pat.:rolleyes:

What about all those free taxis for rte workers in the news last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i seem remember a nice little perk where you could feck off for a year and STILL get your job back.

remember george lee ?

wonder how many jobs do THAT.

Good peice so far now on food parcels. hope its handled beter than the sewage workers. is so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Blood boiling listening to those pair of muppets... Horan and Doran (the plantpot man)... That half hour off to cash a cheque that never existed really is the epitome of all that is wrong with the public service... That sense of entitlement....Entitlements that exist not because they are required, nor serve any practical purpose... Entitlements that are there because the union won it for us, and for no other reason... The fact that Horan is still standing over it, just shows the lack of willingness for real reforms, and that the chap has NO interest in the good of the nation.. His only concern is protecting these UNFAIR privileges so that he can justify his position..

How many times an interview does Doran say "seeeervice" in that posh way that he does.. It's like he trying to brainwash you...

Blood boiling listening to those pair of muppets... Horan and Doran (the plantpot man)... That half hour off to cash a cheque that never existed really is the epitome of all that is wrong with the public service... That sense of entitlement....Entitlements that exist not because they are required, nor serve any practical purpose... Entitlements that are there because the union won it for us, and for no other reason... The fact that Horan is still standing over it, just shows the lack of willingness for real reforms, and that the chap has NO interest in the good of the nation.. His only concern is protecting these UNFAIR privileges so that he can justify his position..

How many times an interview does Doran say "seeeervice" in that posh way that he does.. It's like he trying to brainwash you...

I hope youre listening to newstalk now so...

telekon wrote: »
    I hope youre listening to newstalk now so...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh
    fv0793p.jpg

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh
    fv0793p.jpg

Never has Ronan Collins seemed so appealing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Thank God I didn't get to hear those two punters, I'd be down to one tranny left!!!!

• Advertisement

Wrote an email there pleading that pat should read it out concerning the Frontline last night, the longest Fianna Fail party political broadcast ever conducted on RTE.

He won't read it out but I'm sure he cant ignore all the complaints he will get in the morning...

Wrote an email there pleading that pat should read it out concerning the Frontline last night, the longest Fianna Fail party political broadcast ever conducted on RTE.

He won't read it out but I'm sure he cant ignore all the complaints he will get in the morning...

I actually thought last nights Frontline did more harm than good to FF.
    (If that possible anymore !)

That nurse from Kilkenny in the audience was the personification of everything that is wrong with the party. In the space of two minutes her arrogance summed up the reasons why I never have, and never will vote FF, more than Bertie, Biffo and co have in 13 years.

Lapin wrote: »
    I actually thought last nights Frontline did more harm than good to FF.
    (If that possible anymore !)

That nurse from Kilkenny in the audience was the personification of everything that is wrong with the party. In the space of two minutes her arrogance summed up the reasons why I never have, and never will vote FF, more than Bertie, Biffo and co have in 13 years.

Exactly. Thats what I said in my email! Its not the 1920s anymore. There was no balance on the panel, "impartial" people in the audience saying "we 've made some tough decisions..." :rolleyes:

90% of the audience was FF, not the representative 13% and Michael Martin got off scott free.

Your assertion that it did more harm in good I would disagree with. There is a large proportion of thick people making up the electorate. They are easily swung, look at Donegal SW!

these are the same people ringing into duffy whining they spent €40 on x factor. dangerous people.

these are the same people ringing into duffy whining they spent €40 on x factor. dangerous people.

Missed De Liveline yesterday.
    Please don't tell me some muppet spent €40 texting in votes on X Fuctor and then phoned Joe to complain. :eek:

Missed De Liveline yesterday.
    Please don't tell me some muppet spent €40 texting in votes on X Fuctor and then phoned Joe to complain. :eek:

Believe me, she wasnt the only one. :mad: And that was €40 per week!!! She'll be the same wan on liveline tomorrow complaining about the harsh budget.:rolleyes:

More euros leaving the country to line Simon Cowell's pockets. Its sick.

Oh. My. God.

This is so f*ckin bbooorrrrriiinnngggggg! :(

On about some chef from years ago noone has ever heard of.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

well he read out the criticisms.

I switched frontline off after 10 minutes....it was glaringly apparent that it was going to turn out how it seems to have. Same as Kenny's love in with FF after the redC poll last week.

Sounds like he may have read it out just there.
    He did read out a few complaints towards the end of the programme.
    Was yours among them?

Sounds like he may have read it out just there.
    He did read out a few complaints towards the end of the programme.
    Was yours among them?

You serious? I caught the tail end of them. The podcast wont be available til tonight...

What was the jist do you remember? Was any of them from cork?

Missed De Liveline yesterday. Please don't tell me some muppet spent €40 texting in votes on X Fuctor and then phoned Joe to complain. :eek:

Yeah, she said that she spent 40 euros EVERY WEEK voting for Mary.. "and Joe, I havent got it".... Would she not be quicker just writing out a cheque with the total amount in her bank account just mailing it to Cowell?

• Advertisement

You serious? I caught the tail end of them. The podcast wont be available til tonight...

What was the jist do you remember? Was any of them from cork?

Yep there was one from a James in Cork.

Yep there was one from a James in Cork.

Nope. Wasnt me so. What was the general comments on frontline like?

Nope. Wasnt me so. What was the general comments on frontline like?

Similar to what was said on here tbh.
    Some likened it to a long p.p.b. on behalf of FF.
    On texter asked PK to comment on critisism the prog has received on the net. Most likely on here and P.ie. PK swiftly moved on to the next text.

In fairness to him, he read out quite a few.

Similar to what was said on here tbh.
    Some likened it to a long p.p.b. on behalf of FF.
    On texter asked PK to comment on critisism the prog has received on the net. Most likely on here and P.ie. PK swiftly moved on to the next text.

In fairness to him, he read out quite a few.

I was following politics.ie too last night. Some awful trolls on that thread. :rolleyes:

Did he defend the sham of a programme?

I watched most of The Frontline last night.. and I didnt think it was a political broadcast.. There WERE a lot of FF members in the audience, but Kenny was definitive about clarifying their credentials before letting them speak..

Michael Martin was the only thing that offended me about the program... "Lehman's international, credit crunch... blah blah.." NOBODY only the FF government is responsible for our 32% Exchequer deficit.. The took the money from an unsustainable property boom and gave it to public servants.. (i.e. adding it to the ANNUAL pay bill)..

I watched most of The Frontline last night.. and I didnt think it was a political broadcast.. There WERE a lot of FF members in the audience, but Kenny was definitive about clarifying their credentials before letting them speak..

Michael Martin was the only thing that offended me about the program... "Lehman's international, credit crunch... blah blah.." NOBODY only the FF government is responsible for our 32% Exchequer deficit.. The took the money from an unsustainable property boom and gave it to public servants.. (i.e. adding it to the ANNUAL pay bill)..

Its only fair they should have a similar programme for the other political parties in the coming weeks as they are the ones that have to clean up the FF mess.

It was a very unbalanced discussion. It seemed like a platform for Michael Martin's leadership credentials. He has never been in the media eye so much as in the last week. Barely seen him before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

Their still troting out the Lehmans line? Amazing how an american bank can have such an impact on us meanwhile all the other u.s banks that nearly went tits up are back up and running and today the u.s govt has sold its stake in citi group.

Its only fair they should have a similar programme for the other political parties in the coming weeks as they are the ones that have to clean up the FF mess.

I see where you're coming from Telekon, but I think the point of the show was to view FF and their current demise with an historical bent.... lots of talk of Lemass, Dev etc etc.. I think the only issue I would have had with it was the so-called independent, who seemed to be more FF than Michael Martin... Probably would have been a better idea to have such a discussion immediately AFTER the election...

I see where you're coming from Telekon, but I think the point of the show was to view FF and their current demise with an historical bent.... lots of talk of Lemass, Dev etc etc.. I think the only issue I would have had with it was the so-called independent, who seemed to be more FF than Michael Martin... Probably would have been a better idea to have such a discussion immediately AFTER the election...

And that was my first point in my letter to the PK show. The day before the most important budget in the history of the state was NOT the time for this debate.

• Advertisement

And that was my first point in my letter to the PK show.

Ah, so we're in agreement... fk it anyway.. :mad:

*heads off to the politics forum for a row with some left wing nutjob*...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement