Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

After last night I have absolutely zero faith in RTE to objectively report the facts.
    There are as complicit as FF, shame on them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ok, thats it!! I've had it...complaint sent to RTE. This is getting beyond a joke. Christmas in Cuba being "explored" now...whats a IMF? :confused:

"Current affairs" programme my a*se. Where am I to turn this time of the morning? Seriously...Tubridy?? Ray D'arcy?? Tom Dunne????

FFS like. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    "Current affairs" programme my a*se. Where am I to turn this time of the morning? Seriously...Tubridy?? Ray D'arcy?? Tom Dunne???? FFS like. :mad:

Podcast of Finucane at the weekends? I usually have a listen back to it when Pat turns in to Tubridy for the second hour of his show..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Never knew all that about Noel Whelan. Thanks for putting me right :o.

I actually thought he was independent of party politics when predicting election results and speaking on discussion panels etc.

I have never noticed him being partial but now that I know he was 'one of them' I'll probably notice a bias in favour of FF whenever I listen to him from now on whether I try to or not.

Its a bit like when someone asks if you notice how many silver Toyota 4x4s there are on the roads. You've never given it a thought but the next time you're on the road yourself you can't help seeing another one around every street corner!

Anyway, back to PK. What is he on about today?
    Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

btw the greens will announce they are leaving gov. after the budget in a statement at 11.30.

and yet Pat is talking rubbish about some book or christmas in cuba.

• Advertisement

Podcast of Finucane at the weekends? I usually have a listen back to it when Pat turns in to Tubridy for the second hour of his show..

I actually mentioned that in my complaint to RTE. I said I listen to podcasts usually for the second hour of the show because of the dearth of current affairs programmes between 11 and 12.

I also mentioned that Pat is excellent at what he does but his talents are largely wasted so it wasnt just a tirade of abuse.

flynnlives wrote: »
    btw the greens will announce they are leaving gov. after the budget in a statement at 11.30.

and yet Pat is talking rubbish about some book or christmas in cuba.

I no longer listen to the second hour of Today with Pat Kenny but I decided to tune in at 11.30 when I read your comment - on the off chance that PK might actually cover the announcement.

All I heard was a wailing noise that resembled something like a cat being strangled.

I trust flynnlives isn't telling us porky pies so I can only surmise that an announcement relating to the possible downfall of the government does not merit coverage on RTÉ Radio's flagship current affairs programme.

Either that or they are waiting for Vincent Browne to get his questions to Gormley out of the way first.

EDIT:
    I hung around long enough to find out the press conference hasn't started yet only to discover that Gogarty has been acting the gom on Twitter again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Greens might not have started their PC yet of course, but I'm not expecting RTE to cover it.

Ah wait Pat Kenny is talking now - it has not started he said they will bring it as soon as they can (bet it starts after 12.00 and NT get the scoop)

mike65 wrote: »
    The Greens might not have started their PC yet of cours, but I'm not excpecting RTE to cover it.

Ah wait Pat Kenny is talking now - it has not started he said they will bring it as soon as they can (bet it starts after 12.00 and NT get the scope)

he says there'll be more music after the break. Oh joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Since when has the pat kenny show become a music show?!

**** this, newstalk ftw

• Advertisement

Just heard on Newstalk that the Greens are pulling out of government in January.

Hope you're all enjoying the cats and fiddles over on the Pat Kenny Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

General election!!

I was enjoying that! Just like a Jacques Tati soundtrack :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

mike65 wrote: »
    I was enjoying that! Just like a Jacques Tati soundtrack :p

I preferred the Muppet version.

An election is not really of any significance at this stage.. We have handed over control to the IMF and they will just tell the Ministers and Public servants what is what...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Plowman wrote: »

Oh well...

Plowman wrote: »

*sound of EVERYBODY in the country switching over to Newstalk*

*sound of EVERYBODY in the country switching over to Newstalk*

While the angelus bells toll in silence back in Montrose !

Lapin wrote: »
    While the angelus bells toll in silence back in Montrose !

lol.. At this stage I'm like Pavlov's dog.. I hear a bell, I change the station

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

lol.. At this stage I'm like Pavlov's dog.. I hear a bell, I change the station

Certainly at 1200.

Ryan Tubridy was a reporter for Pat's show as early as 1997??? Never knew that...he's singing opera at the moment :eek:

Even a nerd at 24...

How many times can Patricia Cornwell get a slot on this programme? Every new book and she is on like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

she sounded like a bit of a weirdo. todays show was crap especially that twat down the sewers. wish theyd leave her there for the rats to feast on

I like features like that, a glimpse into a world we don't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

true enough mike.

i like behind the scenes stuff like that too but the way in which that peice was delivered was schizophrenic beyond belief.

on the one hand she's psychopantically regalling them as "true public servants" and then in the same breath insulting them by saying bankers should be forced down there to do the job implying that its inhuman or a form of severe punishement that only reprobates should be engaged in as a form of penance.

i got a feirce sense of the turbidy "do you know any working class people " peice wherein for all the faux lauding the woman was disgusted to actually have to do the job of reporting on it.

patronising is the word im looking for.

sure as hell no one in RTE would allow their precious little darlings to do that for a living as they'd be mortififed and i couldnt help but get a "look how some people LIVE" vibe from it.

disturbing slip of the mask methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

on the one hand she's psychopantically regalling them as "true public servants" and then in the same breath insulting them by saying bankers should be forced down there to do the job implying that its inhuman or a form of severe punishement that only reprobates should be engaged in as a form of penance.

VERY good point

RTE mindset for you, true!

Blair Horan.:mad:

Defending the indefensible again. It is truly disgaraceful that these greedy civil servants didnt use these machines. How many billions have been lost through welfare fraud the last 4 years!!

We're the laughing stock of Europe. (particularly in eastern europe and by the cross border benefit fraudsters) :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

blair desperatly tryng to defend the money to cash a cheque but you can tell his hearts not in it as he knows its game over now the IMF will be DEMANDING changes in PS practices within 9 monthes

hell theyre going to be getting weekly and quarterly updates on what the gov are doing now and if they dont like what they see they wont pony up the dosh

to blair thatll mean no money for his members wages unless they take a 39% cut.

interesting times ahead

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement