Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in the WEST?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I cant seem to find any mention of weather outside the Dublin area!

So,

What will the weather be like in the west of ireland over the coming days? is there to be snow off this atlantic system?

And will this weather continue for a number of weeks like last year?

THANKS! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

Have a look here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes its all dublin at the moment, which has made me loose interest in this weather forum now. Dont worry all the Dubs will be long gone when the snow has vanished and it will be back to normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Some ominous looking clouds starting to push in from the sea here in Sligo town.
    We'll probably just get rain and sleet near the coast. Roads will be lethal tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Darwin

Keeps us posted if you live on the west coast..relatively snow starved in West Laois!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

Theres some dark clouds here in Mayo atm, but the sun is still shining :mad:

• Advertisement

If you look at the raintoday radar you can see that battle coming in. Look at the far north of scotland, the percip are moving NE, to the south of scotland and England its moving SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Timistry

Probably just rain and sleet for the snow deprived West while the midlands and east will get snow and lots of it. The members from the east has taken over te forum alright, but thats to be expected i suppose. I found it funny that some posters had :mad: faces just because a snow shower had just missed them, even though there is 4 inches on snow on the ground outside:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

Not a flake has fallen here in Sligo since last Saturday evening. Clear skies every day since and finally the clouds are arriving now. Hope to see some snow this evening. We have a lot of catching up to do.

The bad news is that seems the air will be from a SW direction and not a NW like first thought. The top of Scotland is now experencing SW and WSW air flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Its a beautiful day here in Galway temp 0 not a cloud in the sky check out the Galway harbour webcam to see the lovely blue sky.

Link: http://www.galway.net/about/webcam/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Ya can see the line of dark cloud slowly starting to move in from the northwest. About -1 here now but the sun should soon be gone and the temps will hopefully drop quite a bit before the band hits us which should help the chances of it being mainly snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

there's snow everywhere in galway, it fell on monday and stuck around for the week!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

very very light sleet shower has just started in north mayo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp?client=208

This is the Map of the NRA's weather stations. The wind directions seem to be all over the place in the west. Some Northwesterly, some Southerly. The temps are dropping but the Dew points are very low in some parts in the west. Click on the green dots to the various weather stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only snow in Sligo at the mo is the stuff still on the ground since saturday or sunday.

It is forecast to fall again though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I for one am not ruling out snow forecasted for the west coast. DP and temps will be at a knife edge, but I think it'll favour more snowy conditions.

The south-west is another story altogether though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm sick of this crap weather, I hope it falls as sleet and melts the pockets of crap on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its coming not forecast till midnight though
    137779.jpg

137779.jpg

Where is it coming???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I love this thread!! spent the last few days nearly in tears looking a the dubs posts about up to 5 FEET of snow!!! it just breaks my tiny heart.. Fingers crossed for tonight. Some very very heavy dark cloud have been drifting in since about 3pm.
    It is rains, thats it, i am lodging a complaint with management... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

is this where are the westies and northwesties are hanging out ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

irish1967 wrote: »

Come on in! The kettle is nearly boiled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Darwin

You can add an invitation to the midlands too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep hi, irish1967

was up in liffrod geting winter tyres this morning, rivers was starting to freeze up there

Yeah the dubs have their own thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I just came home from Maynooth where's there's bucket loads of snow and there's barely a coating on the ground here :( More snow for the west please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Between Galway and Sligo I have seen one single shower of snow over the past week. I would like some snow please.

137779.jpg
    snaps wrote: »
    Where is it coming???

Donegal town. I thought the snow was hitting you already, or atleast the bay.

Currently watching the clouds roll in over Ben Bulben my self here in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭baldbear

You're woman Gene the weather woman is on the daly show. She said the West will get it tonight and tomoroow morning.

The car won't start and i've a wedding in Westport to head to tomorrow! Just my luck.

• Advertisement

Yeah, we had snow 3 days before Dublin, but we didn't want to show off.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement