Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in the WEST?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭mountainy man

lots of showers are starting to appear out of the radar edge now , should start to get interesting soon:D, temps rising all the time though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

-3 here in Dromahair

Heading off to catch some snooze, i really hope to wake up to a serious winter wonderland!!! RIGHT!!! (so what ever you SnowGods have to do to make that happen, I would really appreciate it, and so would all the ppl in the West and North West!)

Have fun you lot!!
    Esk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

So glad to see this thread :D..Still waiting for snow in East Clare...what are the chances????

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

In north Roscommon here, just stuck my head outside a while ago, it's cloudy enough overhead, it feels a tad on the mild side for anything interesting to happen. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

mild ??? -6 in leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

eskimocat wrote: »
    -3 here in Dromahair

Heading off to catch some snooze, i really hope to wake up to a serious winter wonderland!!! RIGHT!!! (so what ever you SnowGods have to do to make that happen, I would really appreciate it, and so would all the ppl in the West and North West!)

Have fun you lot!!
    Esk

you'll be getting up to look out the window every so often. don't kid yourself:)

you'll be getting up to look out the window every so often. don't kid yourself:)

lol have worn a track in the carpet to the window:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Temp rose from -8c to -5c in less than an hour and barometer is dropping too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

So basically it's fifty-fifty whether certain areas will get snow or not? I'm in Claregalway, too near the coast I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Depends if it hits bang on west. Just watching radar then and maybe I am clutching at straws again but if it comes in nnw then it would have to cross a good few miles of land before it hits me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish1967 wrote: »
    Depends if it hits bang on west. Just watching radar then and maybe I am clutching at straws again but if it comes in nnw then it would have to cross a good few miles of land before it hits me.

Kinda hoping it doesn't come in from that direction as well, by the time it gets over Barnsmore Gap, Benbulben will pick up the peices and I'll have none.

:(

It's a kids Christmas morning thing for us all I guess. We'll all be asleep when whatever happens happens. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

anticipating the rain here soon in louisburgh co. mayo, dont stand a chance of seeing any snow, ice begining to melt now outside.:(

so irritating after seeing a week of insane snowfall on the other side of the country.

oh well lady Muck is on her way (the atlantic)

By the look of the radar, you'll find out soon, I'm hoping that it will still snow in westport, it often rains from louisburgh until Murrisk and then snows here.

It's -0.6 here and the ice is still frozen solid.

It's a kids Christmas morning thing for us all I guess. We'll all be asleep when whatever happens happens. :)

not me am a creature of the night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

The rains almost here!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Small bit of stuff coming in over Achill now...wondering what it is! Was -4.5 in castlebar earlier around 10.30, so shud be around the same now as Knock and claremorris are -3 and -6 respectively...Exciting stuff, my gut feeling is that we will get rain/sleet but heart wants snow of course! No point even looking at charts now, its in the lap of the gods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

The last thing we want is rain and then a freeze.

Oh dear Jesus I'm gonna freeze to death !!!!!!!

35feef76.jpg

With that windchill it will definitely be snow !! :)

Small bit of stuff coming in over Achill now...wondering what it is! Was -4.5 in castlebar earlier around 10.30, so shud be around the same now as Knock and claremorris are -3 and -6 respectively...Exciting stuff, my gut feeling is that we will get rain/sleet but heart wants snow of course! No point even looking at charts now, its in the lap of the gods!

Temp has gone up to -0.1 in Westport in last 10 minutes, Achill probably slightly warmer.

Oh dear Jesus I'm gonna freeze to death !!!!!!!

35feef76.jpg

With that windchill it will definitely be snow !! :)

That's an obvious mistake - it should be Coleraine not Donegal. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Should be more bands moving in later tonight, hopefully they'll bring us some snow :D

Temp showing -2 here climbing slowly. A bit away from the -11 forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hey Irish1967,

You may as well colour in your snow map now. I think you may be busy in the morning lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Think I'll set my alarm for 2am!! 3hr-rain.gif

:confused: Louisburgh, Achill?

What are you getting???

still waiting

Just what I was going to ask. Come in west mayo. What are the results if the mayo jury ????

Who's the furthest west here. On my phone in bed here can't see locations of posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Snow starting in Ballina, Saw it on another thread

• Advertisement

i think im the furthest west, in louisburgh, still dry here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement