Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in the WEST?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

irish1967 wrote: »
    Who's the furthest west here

Imbacklater - I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

M4 Buoy 6.5c at 2300 Dp 2.3 that's rain !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Who's the furthest west here. On my phone in bed here can't see locations of posters.
    now that's a serious snow addiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I know im not in the west, but when i went to bed the temp showed no sign of rising here, was at -13.0, had been falling, not getting up to check. bedroom is out of range for receiving station and i'm not going out to move the thermometer ( and it wouldn't be accurate if i did) so i'm afraid unless mt. juliet breaks a record and they announce it in a while, i'll never know how low it got . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

Breathe, irish1967, breathe! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

On met.ie Belmullet is +4C while Claremorris is -6C at 23:00. The warmth is coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Update on the other east coast thread about light snow starting in Ballina..just checking rain today radar and shower just coming in over mountains now...nephin range....this is looking promising if ballina is getting snow!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

from the raintoday radar it looks like theres a shield around the louisburgh area

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

temp now 0.7, and snowing heavy NW Donegal

edit, just looked out the door and is not that heavy now....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ardmacha wrote: »
    On met.ie Belmullet is +4C while Claremorris is -6C at 23:00. The warmth is coming.

it was always predicted belmullet would get warm. the cold will teach the warm air a lesson when it moves further inland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing here. 2c -1 dewpoint

Mace head and belmullet both being at 4 is worrying, as is the rise to 1 in finner camp and to -3 in valentia . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mace head and belmullet both being at 4 is worrying, as is the rise to 1 in finner camp and to -3 in valentia . .

It is slightly, but the reports of snow in the west are not. :)

Belmullet is peculiar, it has been 4c there for some time, I'm in Westport, not that far away and it has remained below freezing all of that time. I wouldn't use Belmullet as a bench mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

iam in castlebar and its -3 here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

according to the gfs dewpoint and temperature data, the coastal fringes were always going to warm up. while it will warm up slightly everywhere, it should be still cold enough further inland for at least a brief period of snow. in these situations anyone in the midlands and further to the north and north east have the highest chance of seeing continuous snow without a transition back to rain.

naughto wrote: »
    iam in castlebar and its -3 here

According to the radar there is precip over me, but nothing is falling. :mad: It should definitely fall as snow if it does. ;)

How's your fence btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Still dry in Westport? Looking at the Rain Today radar it should be on top of you by now.

EDIT: see your post!

snow ghost wrote: »
    According to the radar there is precip over me, but nothing is falling. :mad: It should definitely fall as snow if it does. ;)

How's your fence btw?
    its still on the ground as u can see
    sorry its so big

Im afraid the snow shower seems to be diluted with rain/sleet now , will see what happens.

• Advertisement

VERY light snow - a few intermittent tiny flakes - just started here now

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

M4 Buoy temp 6.6c dewpoint 3.1 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

snow ghost wrote: »
    Belmullet is peculiar, it has been 4c there for some time, I'm in Westport, not that far away and it has remained below freezing all of that time. I wouldn't use Belmullet as a bench mark.

I agree, Belmullet has its own micro climate, even during the summer it can have some of the hottest temps when the rest of mayo is totally different!

Now its turned back to blowing light snow, this could be a long night of opening the door and turning on the lights people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

OK,West,you are welcome to the snow,ice and eventual misery if you want to experience that.....have had enough here in the Southeast...and more .. tomorrow!!

I agree, Belmullet has its own micro climate, even during the summer it can have some of the hottest temps when the rest of mayo is totally different!

It's essentially an island surrounded by warm Atlantic water.

Pangea wrote: »
    Now its turned back to blowing light snow, this could be a long night of opening the door and turning on the lights people :D

We poor country folk are deprived of a stret lamp to gaze out at . .. but we have the added benefit of it being dark at night time like its meant to be!!!

if it is snow we get it looks like it will be a lot later or early moring befor we see the good stuff

3hr-rain.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Yes. I'd guess its your classic land versus sea summer convection setup, especially with a westerly wind. Roonah Pier, back beyond Louisburgh can be the same. Lovely and sunny, but if you look towards Westport, its under a heavy shower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<wonders if he should put a few more coals on the fire or go to bed and see what the morning brings>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement