Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in the WEST?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

snaps wrote: »
    Where is it coming???

137785.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Showers now forming over donegal, good news???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Sick of looking at half hour segments on the news about the snow in the east!
    if it was only the west that had been hit we wouldnt be hearing about it.
    bloody dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Snow will come, followed by sleet, followed by rain, followed by slush, followed by no trace of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dont think I have ever seen so much red on this site before. Its coming (again).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Someone should invent some sort of snow magnet. Could sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

recent snow in Belmullet bit too early for the front but still a good sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

This Thread is a great idea, makes it easier then going through pages and pages for a little snippet about the west.....Good work! :)

temps are colder now than any other day at this time, my garden is already down to -5.5c. Hard to believe there is a warm front approaching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'd say our best chance for snow will be tonight and Monday, I don't think any of the country will get any over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

We have our fingers crossed in Limerick for snow, we had a tiny flurry two days ago for about an hour and thats it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I can't understand why people would be praying for snow. They most likely don't drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

DarkJager wrote: »
    I can't understand why people would be praying for snow. They most likely don't drive :D
    I just drove from Maynooth where I've been for the past week to Leitrim and there's literally no snow here!! I miss the white stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

rhonin wrote: »
    Come on in! The kettle is nearly boiled :pac:

Let's go the whole hog and have a Daniel O'Donnell sing-a-long!!! :D

On second thoughts.....

Let's not!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Let's go the whole hog and have a Daniel O'Donnell sing-a-long!!! :D

On second thoughts.....

Let's not!!!

DE your view on tonight and tomorrows outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I just drove from Maynooth where I've been for the past week to Leitrim and there's literally no snow here!! I miss the white stuff :(
    he misses the white stuff and he misses the snow:D:D:D.iv a wedding on sat in westport and if we get freezing rain/snow i can blame all the ice and snow for falling over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

Will there be snow in north mayo (crossmolina) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

DE your view on tonight and tomorrows outcome?

Hey CG, haven't really been following the charts lately but just going by the latest HIRLAM for tomorrow, it does look like there could be a couple of hours of snow tomorrow for much of the country. He in the west, places further east inland have the best chance but given the sensitivity of the set up, it really will be a nowcast.

You can view the latest HIRLAM preciptation rain/snow run yourself:

http://www.emhi.ee/index.php?ide=19,394,416,418

The dark blue represents snow! Only a model though so guess we will just have to wait and see.

-6.2c here now, its really dropping. hope this front stays the hell away unless it brings an early christmas!

Deep Easterly, Hows Choom looking?

temps on the rise now (-5.1c), so must mean its clouding up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up, but I have to say that the largest snow falls I've ever experienced come from these kind of fronts. And often they come unnanounced by the met offices.

That's not to say we'll see anything but rain, but don't rule out a White Apocalypse for the West. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Seriously cold here now, all the wet slush from earlier has now almost completely frozen again. Looking at the front on sat24 the winds behind it are coming from a northerly direction from over Iceland, I would think that this should also help the back end of the front to be cold and perhaps keep it as snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

Yay! I like this thread! Can those from central south west join too?! :)
    whats the betting we only get rain and then it starts freezing over that only leaving trecherous driving conditions? :rolleyes:
    Oh i want snow so bad.
    If people get snow in the west/ north/ south could you please post here.
    give us hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

What about the thaw for tomorrow or do I have to go out NOW and get more food and supplies before I get trapped in my estate again?

Please piss off snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

A few innocent flakes falling in Sligo now...its a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk

Was working in a shed today with no heating, my infrared thermometer put the snow still there from saturday at -7.1

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

another pee'd off Westerner signing in :D
    Getting tired of all those Dubs showing off with their tape-measures..... we had a touch of snow last Friday and another flurry Monday morning - it's compacted and frozen here making the lanes lethal.

Want some snow !!!! *sulky*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

Please snow in Mayo !!! I'll do anything for it to happen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

another pee'd off Westerner signing in :D
    Getting tired of all those Dubs showing off with their tape-measures..... we had a touch of snow last Friday and another flurry Monday morning - it's compacted and frozen here making the lanes lethal.

Want some snow !!!! *sulky*
    hi i in north tipp will we get snow tonight the other forum is getting boring now its all about the east coast.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The BBC website does not suggest it will be as heavy now as it did earlier or wide spread. Hmmm.

Just took a wee walk in Sligo, more freezing fog than anything else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement