Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

Hi everyone,

Just a quick thank you to everyone who wished well

I will be leaving Limerick (where I work) to Templemore on Thursday evening if anyone needs a lift just private me.

Best of Luck to all those waiting. It seems that recruiting more Garda Reserves is moving swiftly and February is not too far away.
    Best regards to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Well it can take up to two years for vetting to be completed pending on your family history.

Between the time you handed in your form and being accepted for training you need to do two interviews. One with a Sergeant and one with a Superintendent. Who both have to recommend you. One or both should of been completed by now if you have been waiting 6 months.

I would ring the reserve office and make sure that your vetting form has been received by them and not left on someone's desk in the the station that you handed it in too.

yeah must give them a bell. I rang them a while back because the chap i gave it to, didn't seem to have a breeze what was going on so i just rang to let them know it was there and he had it, heard nothing since. Not much family history tbh, a lot of teachers, engineers, bankers all very boring and no convictions that i know off. i rang them all to tell them i was doing it and they were grand about it and parents assure me they were all boring so don't what the delay is. Wouldn't mind getting it moving, before i loose interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Is it just, poor little old me going down on the 3rd Dec?:(:)
    Hey ill go too just get them to send me an invitation:P Still waiting for the medical though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

I'll sneak you inn, I have room for one more In the Boot of the car...
    It Takes time, Feb/next intake after that not far away...Send HRM a xmas card, It mite help..lol

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Hey ill go too just get them to send me an invitation:P Still waiting for the medical though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

I'll sneak you inn, I have room for one more In the Boot of the car...
    It Takes time, Feb/next intake after that not far away...Send HRM a xmas card, It mite help..lol
    Sweet Im there:D How many of us are in the boot did you say?:P Hopefully I could wait for feb but how long does it take after the medical? How long is GR training anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Sweet Im there:D How many of us are in the boot did you say?:P Hopefully I could wait for feb but how long does it take after the medical? How long is GR training anyway?

Take a more thorough look through our forum and you will find it has varying threads on varying topics including the training RIGHT HERE.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

Good luck to everyone heading to Templemore for the weekend:)

"So you've passed everything and now you're just waiting. Pull up a seat and hope they don't leave you waiting too long!" thanks psni ;)

I'm not that long waiting for a seat in here - anyone else have all stages complete and currently waiting on a call for Templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

All stages complete, just passed the medical this week. Just waiting on the call now for the feb intake..

Hopefully their will be more than the pair of us in here before 2010 ends :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

hope i can join you guys but it's probably being optimistic that my BR/ medical will be done by then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sutt123

Does anyone know when garda reserve will be beginning training for people whp passed medical in october:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

i don't understand why anyone would want to do this. i wouldn't like to be the guard that has to be buddied up with yas.

i don't understand why anyone would want to do this. i wouldn't like to be the guard that has to be buddied up with yas.

Mod Note: That is just grand bitter_lemon. It really is. No-one here is asking you to join up to the Garda Reserves or contribute in any un-helpful way in our forum.

Thanks for your opinion though,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 walkthisway

People do it to learn about the organisation and to gain experience if they want to apply for the full-time force. Its a good thing, be happy.

And stop being such a wind up merchant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Destiny

I have my interview tomorrow with the Super. Delighted! Hopefully I'll be in time for the Feb intake. Already had my interview with the Sergeant, so here's hoping that this one will go just as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Destiny

I've been thralling through the previous posts trying to find some info on the interview with the Super. Anybody have any tips? What was it like? Is it a lot different from the interview with Sergeant? Thanks.:)

Destiny wrote: »
    I have my interview tomorrow with the Super. Delighted! Hopefully I'll be in time for the Feb intake. Already had my interview with the Sergeant, so here's hoping that this one will go just as well. :)
    Destiny wrote: »
    I've been thralling through the previous posts trying to find some info on the interview with the Super. Anybody have any tips? What was it like? Is it a lot different from the interview with Sergeant? Thanks.:)

Mod Note: I have copied your posts over into the thread relating to the meetings with the Sergeant/Inspector and Superintendent here. You would find the relevant information relating to these meetings over in that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thedan22

Just rang Garda HQ and they told me my file has been fully vetted and is waiting to be sent to the commissioner to be signed and sealed although there is a backlog of people in the same situation. He said it would be weeks rather than months so hopefully I mite be in with a chance of joining the February class.
    sent application in may, interview and exam aug, super meeting, September.... checks lasted approx 4 months, not bad considering what you read on this...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 maguff

Hi, applied in December 08' Interview and written in Jan 09'
    Interview with Inspector June 10'
    Interview with local Sergeant August 10'
    No word since.
    I've called them about 20 times and all i get is "we're still doing background checks"
    Never in trouble in my life !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 maguff

I'm glad some of you are progressing well through the stages.
    Its great to see some movement by the powers that be.
    Can't wait to get started myself.
    JUST WAITING FOR A MEDICAL SINCE FOREVER !!

Once you have completed all stages of 'Reserve training' and graduate.Do you get to choose the station or are you told where you are going to be based??

I dont like to point the finger but i dont think your local station should have kept you waiting that long before they called you for an interview. Your background checks may have only started upon completion of that interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

rookie09 wrote: »
    Once you have completed all stages of 'Reserve training' and graduate.Do you get to choose the station or are you told where you are going to be based??

No not really... It is usually the station you are in at phase 4... You can request a station but as I said, they usually place you in one of the station they choose..

Munster is right. You usually continue to operate from your phase 4 station. Make sure you put in your request as soon as they call you for Phase 1. Its no good asking them to change it when the stations are allocated.

eru123 wrote: »
    Munster is right. You usually continue to operate from your phase 4 station. Make sure you put in your request as soon as they call you for Phase 1. Its no good asking them to change it when the stations are allocated.

Im living on the northside of Dublin, so they could basically put you anywere in Dublin unless you request to be stationed in the city centre for example...

Do people usually put in requests where to be stationed..

Im living on the northside of Dublin, so they could basically put you anywere in Dublin unless you request to be stationed in the city centre for example...

Do people usually put in requests where to be stationed..

Well they wouldnt usually make you go all the way across the city, maybe only travel a few miles. But yes in theory they could put you anywhere in the city. Only when necessary would someone put in a request, you would need a reason to request a city centre station.
    Eg im requesting not to be put to a certain station as i have a family member in that particular station. If you want a city centre station bad enough you'll come up with a good excuse as to why they should station you there! :) Its worth a shot, all they can say is no.

sutt123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when garda reserve will be beginning training for people whp passed medical in october:confused:
    Next intake is in Feburary so probably then. However it depends how long ago you applied. Those who applied first get preference when it comes to an intake, regardless of when they passed their medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 walkthisway

No not really... It is usually the station you are in at phase 4... You can request a station but as I said, they usually place you in one of the station they choose..

Im afraid there is no option of requesting a station any more. They will facilitate you more if you live in a Rural area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 colmwills5

HEY GUYS

Does anyone know, when people are called for the first weekend in templemore is it the first weekend of the month or can it be any weekend during the month, whats the norn or does it vary!!! Any help would be great!!!

Advertisement