Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Hi Antheai

It can at times take a long long time some have been months, some years depends on your background checks wide circle of family the longer it takes to check them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Antheia

Thanks Zone Alarm, I believe the background checks do take a long time, I just mean the initial process of registering on public jobs and getting an alert about applying.

Depends how busy they are i know they have a lot of applications at the present time due to the embargo on full time recruit, which i was told tonight its going to be 2014 before recruiting again.

So i would say hang in there im sure they will get to you in time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Antheia

Thanks very much Zone Alarm, I'm in a small county so there may not be as much demand.

There will always be demand and you would not be Stationed in your own area, they can put you to the next town or a bit further a field so dont worry about that, or you could request a station when you get the list down in the college, but we are jumping way ahead at the moment wait till you get a reply first then go from there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

hi guys anyone know the email for the Garda reserve section at Garda HQ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

A.G.S wrote: »
    hi guys anyone know the email for the Garda reserve section at Garda HQ ?

Hi,

Email: gardareserve@garda.ie will reach them.

kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Hey,

I applied for the Reserves a good while ago and passed the interview/apt test stage. I met the Superintendent a few weeks ago and got on grand.

However, I'm in a bit of a predicament as I am from Cork but have been living in the South East for a while as this is where my girlfriend is working.

As it stands we are most likely going to move home to Cork for the summer and move back up here in September, probably permanently as she is likely to be made permanent in her job. I'm worried about how this may affect my application for the reserves. My interview was for placement in Cork but I will very likely end up living in a different part of the country, will I have to go through the whole interview process again?

Also, I have yet to do the medical or training? What has been the experience of folks on here in regard to that?

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Destiny

V480 wrote: »
    Hey,

I applied for the Reserves a good while ago and passed the interview/apt test stage. I met the Superintendent a few weeks ago and got on grand.

However, I'm in a bit of a predicament as I am from Cork but have been living in the South East for a while as this is where my girlfriend is working.

As it stands we are most likely going to move home to Cork for the summer and move back up here in September, probably permanently as she is likely to be made permanent in her job. I'm worried about how this may affect my application for the reserves. My interview was for placement in Cork but I will very likely end up living in a different part of the country, will I have to go through the whole interview process again?

Also, I have yet to do the medical or training? What has been the experience of folks on here in regard to that?

Thanks...

The same happened to me, I was in Galway, then moved to Sligo. I rang HQ and it wasn't a problem, so the same should apply for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭RosieMarie_91

I can't beleive how long some of you guys have been waiting. I found out within 3 weeks of sitting my interview and written test that i had passed phase 1. I handed in my form around 3/4 days later to the local station, so im hoping everything is going to go as quick as the 1st phase. Fingers crossed...:) Did anyone here have their interview in Feb??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

hi rosemarie,
    that 2 to 3 weeks is normal. its the BR form that might slow you up now....especially if you have relations abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 andrewb123

Hey I meant to say,if there is anyone heading down to the intake this weekend that needs a lift,let me know,I'm heading down from Galway. Send me a private message if you want a lift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭jc1980

Does anyone know which station is the training station for the Wicklow division?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the_view

There will be about 10 to 12 of yee there.....and if all gos well you should get the call to start training the 1st or 2nd weekend of May. Enjoy sitting in the waiting room in those lovely pink bathrobes which are all too small :) best of luck

I got my notice today for starting training on 6th May, as predicted by you lawnmoer! As it stands I'm also due to give my thesis presnetation and submit it on the same day!

FAO : tHE vIEW,

THIS IS THE SAME DAY I WENT DOWN LASTYEAR :) TRAVEL DOWN THE 5TH, GOOD NIGHT SLEEP. AND DON'T DO WHAT I DID FOR BREAKFAST....I TRAPES OVER WITH ANOTHER LAD JUST BEFORE, BAD IDEA, THE CANTEEN STAFF DIDNT LIKE THAT :) SO GO FOR BREKIE AT 8.15 OR SO, NO LATER, IT'S FREE TOO. PHASE 3 GOING ON LAST YEAR THEN WILL BE IN THE COLLEGE IN EARLY JULY :) AFTER YOU DO YOUR LEGAL STUFF. ENJOY

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

THIS IS THE SAME DAY I WENT DOWN LASTYEAR :) TRAVEL DOWN THE 5TH, GOOD NIGHT SLEEP. AND DON'T DO WHAT I DID FOR BREAKFAST....I TRAPES OVER WITH ANOTHER LAD JUST BEFORE, BAD IDEA, THE CANTEEN STAFF DIDNT LIKE THAT :) SO GO FOR BREKIE AT 8.15 OR SO, NO LATER, IT'S FREE TOO. PHASE 3 GOING ON LAST YEAR THEN WILL BE IN THE COLLEGE IN EARLY JULY :) AFTER YOU DO YOUR LEGAL STUFF. ENJOY

On-Thread only Warning: Breach of Forum Charter "# Please refrain from using all CAPITAL LETTERS, this is the Internet equivalent of shouting and can make posts difficult to read." Nextime it will be an official on your profile though.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Cheers lawnmower. breakfast at 8.15? we have been told the class starts at 8am.... so unless we eat while listening?!?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ghost86

What will happen to all of us who are waiting on interviews/background checks etc if they reach the 10% target soon?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

ghost86 wrote: »
    What will happen to all of us who are waiting on interviews/background checks etc if they reach the 10% target soon?:confused:

Havent a clue but its quite worrying iv been waiting almost two years now :(

Havent a clue but its quite worrying iv been waiting almost two years now :(

The wait must be so enoying and its weird the way it varys from person to person. They probably will keep the people who do not have everything done on a shortlist when they reach the 10% target because it would make no sense to disregard them completely

• Advertisement

The wait must be so enoying and its weird the way it varys from person to person. They probably will keep the people who do not have everything done on a shortlist when they reach the 10% target because it would make no sense to disregard them completely

I'd imagine that'll be the case but still i want to go straight in after waiting this long :(
    have you been waiting long?

No, im only filling in my br form now. Ive a long road ahead of me!
    On the other hand, why would the garda reserve still be recruiting if they are nearing their target of 10%? If you take into account the people who are going through the process then surely they have the numbers they need now.

No, im only filling in my br form now. Ive a long road ahead of me!
    On the other hand, why would the garda reserve still be recruiting if they are nearing their target of 10%? If you take into account the people who are going through the process then surely they have the numbers they need now.

You might be lucky mate ya never know could be done an dusted ina few months.
    Yea it doesnt make sense so hopefully its a false rumour..

Hopefully hey. Anyway, goodluck and I hope that you hear word soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

Medical next Thursday!
    Anyone hear any sort of news at to what was said about the GR at the GRA meeting today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

that is very long alright. but the amount of applicants is crazy. 8,000 people have gone for the 450-500 spots remaining.....
    When you sat remaining you mean they will stop recruiting after hitting 500?
    If thats the case this whole system has really ticked me off!!

Hey,

Barnett, I applied 3 years ago.... almost to the day. Kind of strange. I can't seem to make any logic of it at all on how they are bringing people in. I did my medical about 2 weeks ago and got called fast enough

well the target figur is 10% of the force, and thats when it was 14,000. so assuming they stick ot the 1,400 even though garda numbers will be belwo that by the end of the year, they will hav emet their 10% already by what they have on the panels. when i was attested lastyear there waere 900 gr's operational and 100 in training already. so you have to ask yourself this, when they reach the 1,400 later this year, will they be given funding for more???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woodzie1991

Im getting nervous myself to be honest! :/. I've been waiting so long (well to me it's been ages), and I dont want to be told 'sorry, we can't take in anymore', that would be absolutely sickening :(. I'm just hoping I get the phonecall soon :). Everyone stick at it though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Not every reserve stays so there is a percentage of attrision . People move out of the country due to job reasons , some dont like it and some just cant keep up the hours . Many reasons so there will always be slots available

Advertisement