Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Destiny

Oh noway I'd say your fuming get on to them pronto ha tell them you've been to tell them to senmd the details as the guy asked they should do it fairly fast.
    That happened to me all my documents were sent of in september 2009 I did my interviews in the station in march 2008 and i'm still waiting so learn from my example ha

Feck sake, that's awful, I hope you hear soon. That's a crazy delay. They're screaming out for reserves, yet there's such a delay in the processing, it's pretty frustrating.

Ya, I'm gonna tell them that, it's the only way it's going to be processed, otherwise I'm gonna be put on the long finger.

Cheers:D

GRHopefull wrote: »
    Best of luck, hope you get the call soon.......

Thanks a million:D I hope I do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Destiny wrote: »
    Feck sake, that's awful, I hope you hear soon. That's a crazy delay. They're screaming out for reserves, yet there's such a delay in the processing, it's pretty frustrating.

Ya, I'm gonna tell them that, it's the only way it's going to be processed, otherwise I'm gonna be put on the long finger.

Cheers:D
    Yeah in know its strange ha Use that long finger to dial the number now ha

And no bother buddy ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Moving along nicely, onto next stage - Med's Complete....Backgrounds done.. Thank god!!:eek: Garda HQ is a pretty big joint!!
    Next step, Maybe Feb intake.. Who knows.. Oh yeah H.R.M...

Moving along nicely, onto next stage - Med's Complete....Backgrounds done.. Thank god!!:eek: Garda HQ is a pretty big joint!!

That's great news, well done! I'm hoping to be taken in in Feb too. Fingers crossed.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

That's great news, well done! I'm hoping to be taken in in Feb too. Fingers crossed.:)

There's an intake in december too isint there???

There's an intake in december too isint there???

Ya, that's what I've heard, but I'll just be short on that intake, so next one is in February, I hope!

Ya, that's what I've heard, but I'll just be short on that intake, so next one is in February, I hope!

I am sooooooo peeved waiting.....

Just off the phone to HQ, offers are given out for December already. So, it won't be the next intake for me then :-(

Just off the phone to HQ, offers are given out for December already. So, it won't be the next intake for me then :-(
    Oh my god you serious.
    Are you in the next intake? or whats the crack

• Advertisement

Oh my god you serious.
    Are you in the next intake? or whats the crack

Oh no what i'm saying is everyone for Decembers intake have been contacted so if you didn't get an email your more than likely not in. So another wait for us then :-( I was so hopeful for Decembers intake :-( fingers crossed for February so!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

Well done on passing.

Oh no what i'm saying is everyone for Decembers intake have been contacted so if you didn't get an email your more than likely not in. So another wait for us then :-( I was so hopeful for Decembers intake :-( fingers crossed for February so!!!
    I think were both in sh?t creek aye ha

Just got an invitation to attend the Garda College, Templemore
    WAIT for it.....Dec 3rd!! Happy Days..One Year six months later... Hang in there guys.. If I can, You can too....:cool: Slan...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Fair play to ya.
    Its worth the wait im telling ya. Injoy the process. No more waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

Im guessing there is the urine test also involved in the medical too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

WAIT for it.....Dec 3rd!! Happy Days..One Year six months later... Hang in there guys.. If I can, You can too....:cool: Slan...

well done, people who are waiting longest are given preference when it comes to an intake. Every cloud has a silver lining!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Moderator Note:

I have moved some posts around into their specific threads which will make the forum easier for current and future readers to manoever.

Anyways, we have a very useful GUIDE which I want to remind people of aswell to keep the posts in their relevant threads.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DarrenGT4

i filled out my application forum but i cant find the email which i have to send it too???

i also have a class 1 aeromedical. would i have to do the medical for the reserve or would this medical do as long as its in date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Good to hear man delighted for ya..
    I'm waiting around the same time :)
    Theres hope yet :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, It takes time as you know...Hope all goes well your end..Talk laters.
    Good to hear man delighted for ya..
    I'm waiting around the same time :)
    Theres hope yet :)

Ring HRM and check with them....6661644

Regarding medical..Yes! you have to get another one done...It takes the best part of the morning...Check medical section for any more info..

Dont worry! You'll fly throught It....
    DarrenGT4 wrote: »
    i filled out my application forum but i cant find the email which i have to send it too???

i also have a class 1 aeromedical. would i have to do the medical for the reserve or would this medical do as long as its in date.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

congrats and well done!

work starts now dude, get stuck in and enjoy! you wont regret it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

Got a pleasant surprise call. Did my medical on Wednesday and got an invitation to the December 3rd intake by phone and email two hours ago! Templemore here I come:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Congrats Abed..
    got a call today from my local super's office have to go for another meeting with the super they just want to clarify something??
    slightly worried??
    anubody shed some light cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Just wanted to say a quick congragulations to the 84 Reserve Gardai who were attested in the Garda College yesterday, well done to all.

That's great news...well done.. See you there!
    Abed wrote: »
    Got a pleasant surprise call. Did my medical on Wednesday and got an invitation to the December 3rd intake by phone and email two hours ago! Templemore here I come:D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Best of luck to all those heading down next week!!! I'm sure the wait will be worth it!!! :)

Was really hoping to be in this intake, they're still doing the background checks on me at the moment - fingers crossed I'll get the call for February! *sigh*

Loopie

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Can i ask, when did ya apply and get offered a spot. Only reason i'm asking is, I applied in May, interview in June, accepted soon after. Filled in form straight away and brought it up for clearance and haven't heard of them since. not a dicky bird. That was close on 6 months ago now. Does the clearence usually take that long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Well it can take up to two years for vetting to be completed pending on your family history.

Between the time you handed in your form and being accepted for training you need to do two interviews. One with a Sergeant and one with a Superintendent. Who both have to recommend you. One or both should of been completed by now if you have been waiting 6 months.

I would ring the reserve office and make sure that your vetting form has been received by them and not left on someone's desk in the the station that you handed it in too.

Advertisement