Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 popejohnpaws

hi Ive a question about the application form.do you just fill it out and attach apassport photo to the form and send it to public jobs? or do you need permission before you send it to public jobs thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

hi Ive a question about the application form.do you just fill it out and attach apassport photo to the form and send it to public jobs? or do you need permission before you send it to public jobs thanks

Usually publicjobs contact you when interviews are about to be held in your area. They will then ask you to fill in the application form and send it to them before they allocate you an interview date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

ashling123 wrote: »
    can someone please answer that...im freaking out.:eek::eek:
    I read that a persons eyesight cant be less than 6/18, 6/18 .
    my eyesight is 6/12, 6/20. which means my vision is out by 2 (i think) could i still pass the eye test even tho my vision is out by 2 or are they real strict? also do they combine your eyesight? because if they do i should be ok

please reply

They are fairly strict in the medical... Get tested and see what your eye level is at... If you are below the required standard I say on the eye test they won't consider you... Good luck and as said get them tested in an optician shop in any of the high streets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TomasD9

Hi,

Anyone heading down to Templemore for training on Friday 4th Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

TomasD9 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone heading down to Templemore for training on Friday 4th Feb?

Hi,

Welcome to both boards and to our Garda Reserve forum :)

There is a thread set up here with people posting in there about being offered a place to commence training on the 4th February.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Congratulations to all who have made it to the college to commence their training. Graduated from the college in Nov 2010 and am loving every minute of it.

The lectures are really interesting and the instructors dont mind answering any questions you might have. The physical stuff is tough but enjoyable, remember to get a bottle of water to carry with you as you will need it. You will be tired and sore after ,so dont over do it in Pollys.

Good luck to you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Happy new year to evrybody :)
    Still no word back for me :( another intake iv missed :(
    many on here been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Hi Jc how are you waiting im waiting probably the longest on this thing 3 and half years for a medical date nearly 4 years this march with regular contact with the HQ.
    Are you waiting as long?

Hang on in there JC . It will be worth the wait.
    Was waiting 18 months myself so know what you are going through but keep the faith.

Hi Jc how are you waiting im waiting probably the longest on this thing 3 and half years for a medical date nearly 4 years this march with regular contact with the HQ.
    Are you waiting as long?

hey sgt bilko.
    God and i thought i was bad i really feel for ya.. what on earth could hold you up for so long?
    Has HQ indicacted your nearly done?hopefully it all comes soon for evryone on here..have you done your interviews in the local station
    Cheers for the support raider :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭innercitydub2

Jaysus nearly 4 years, i thought my one was long cause they had to check my backround out well i lived in Scotland.

Best thing to do is just forget about it until you get the phone call.
    Sure with me saying that i always find meself checking this bleeding site at least 2 or 3 times a week to get the latest bull**** rumour on full time recruitment :D

hey sgt bilko.
    God and i thought i was bad i really feel for ya.. what on earth could hold you up for so long?
    Has HQ indicacted your nearly done?hopefully it all comes soon for evryone on here..have you done your interviews in the local station
    Cheers for the support raider :)

I'll be dead, buried and turned to dust before they get back to me at this stage.
    Its like there just taking the piss there probably places a wager on when im gonna call again ha.

Jaysus nearly 4 years, i thought my one was long cause they had to check my backround out well i lived in Scotland.

Best thing to do is just forget about it until you get the phone call.
    Sure with me saying that i always find meself checking this bleeding site at least 2 or 3 times a week to get the latest bull**** rumour on full time recruitment :D

haha exactly like me people saying you this and that to become a full time member drives me mad ha.
    I actually did forget about it until i seen a reserve on o'connell still then i just said oh f*** i put in for that too ha

I'll be dead, buried and turned to dust before they get back to me at this stage.
    Its like there just taking the piss there probably places a wager on when im gonna call again ha.

hahaha i get ya i do be afraid to ring incase there like ahh here this lad never stops..
    Iv started to come to terms with the fact its a long process just hope its soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Does anyone know when the next phase 3 is?
    Most of the time phase 3 and phase 5 graduations happens on the same weekend?
    Im due to graduate in the next round.

John.

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next phase 3 is?
    Most of the time phase 3 and phase 5 graduations happens on the same weekend?
    Im due to graduate in the next round.

John.

Next phase 3 is on the 11th and 12th of Feburary, its for the december batch.

Ok. That might be when its on so. We were told on out phase 3 that it would be on at the end of that month but they might of brought it forward.

Do you get a call or a letter to inform you about when the graduation is on?

Better get the finger out and finish up my 40hours.

Ok. That might be when its on so. We were told on out phase 3 that it would be on at the end of that month but they might of brought it forward.

I see. Oh i'm only on phase 2 at the moment but i know that we're down for phase 3 on the 11th and 12th. Haha its gotta come out! Im sure if ya give HQ a bell they'll be able to confirm the grad date.

In my case , got a letter from the college in the middle of phase 4 to confirm I had completed 40 hours operational in my station and whether I wanted to swear the oath of attestation on either the bible or the constituation and then another letter to inform me of the date of the graduation

hahaha i get ya i do be afraid to ring incase there like ahh here this lad never stops..
    Iv started to come to terms with the fact its a long process just hope its soon..

Keep the faith. Seems to vary in timescales for differnt candidates.
    I was waiting 18 months from application to letter of offer but when it finally happened it was just a complete high and it will be the same for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thedan22

my application has taken approx 8 months. it is now in the que to be signed by the commissioner so fingered crossed im gettin into the march class, headquarters told me...:)

called the justice dept today they said that there is no possibel way they can inveinve in a medical date for me and that if i was ask for an assistance from the minister that would be classed as canvassing and i would be disqaulified from selection. So bit of advice for people that are waiting as long as me do not contact TD'S or Minister for Justice as your application will be thrown out.
    :D

Hi,
    Im graduating next month and i went today to try and organise my Tettra and Pepper Spray training. So i asked my sergeant about it and they said to contact CPD.
    They said they do the Tettra training but don't do the Pepper Spray training.

She said that i should get in contact with my district office??
    Just wondering where reserves have done there pepper spray training.

John

Hi,
    Im graduating next month and i went today to try and organise my Tettra and Pepper Spray training. So i asked my sergeant about it and they said to contact CPD.
    They said they do the Tettra training but don't do the Pepper Spray training.

She said that i should get in contact with my district office??
    Just wondering where reserves have done there pepper spray training.

John

From my own experience , you need to apply to the liasion Inspector in your station for the PS course. Tettra training was covered during Phase 3 but when you start Phase 4 you will get a lot of hands on experience and a lot of help from your full time colleagues. Dont worry too much about it as after a couple of shifts you will have mastered the deviced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

So intake in feb and march,that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

collw2 wrote: »
    So intake in feb and march,that correct?

Yep that's what I hear!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

Thank you, thats good to hear. I rang GR last week, and they told me they are waiting on one family member check to come back. Its going to be a year next mouth since I first applyed. but I do have a big family over 25 people were on my BR form. I recion I have a ok chance to be in either of the upcomming intakes. Waiting on that medical email is the worst feeling in the world. However it is good to know im not the only one and good to read over other peoples "process of waiting".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

collw2 wrote: »
    Thank you, thats good to hear. I rang GR last week, and they told me they are waiting on one family member check to come back. Its going to be a year next mouth since I first applyed. but I do have a big family over 25 people were on my BR form. I recion I have a ok chance to be in either of the upcomming intakes. Waiting on that medical email is the worst feeling in the world. However it is good to know im not the only one and good to read over other peoples "process of waiting".

All my checks were back within a few months of sending it off apart from one... My uncle in Spain... He took 18months!! Only came through before Xmas and my form was sent since 5th July 2009!
    It's so frustrating waiting but Im told it's worth the wait :-)
    oh and also they ring you for your medical.. They explain everything then email you the form so your waiting on a phonecall!
    I'd say the past 2years the reserve office are sick of hearing from me! I even know their names at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ghost86

Hi im new to boards. I was just wondering, how many garda reserves are taken down to templemore in one batch for training?

• Advertisement

4 year wait not worth this cancelled application hope you folks enjoy it.
    Been told that i'd be quicker getting in if i cancelled and re applied

Advertisement