Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iSpy has done it again! Let's compare the Roma to parasites ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

KidKeith89 wrote: »
    From my experience though it seems as if everyone in Dublin hates them - who gives them money?

That'd be Nodin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

From my experience though it seems as if everyone in Dublin hates them - who gives them money?

If they werent getting any money I doubt they would sit around all day begging. I`d say the majority of people hate them, but theres always a few fools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭KilOit

I see alot of elderly give them money, it's sickening they prey on vulnerable people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

prinz wrote: »
    Freedom of movement does not nor did it ever confer a freedom to settle indefinitely. Any EU citizen could be deported under the same clauses, Romanian, Bulgarian or Irish.

But since the EU's main integration policy is the free movement of peoples they're allowed travel straight back to France. So Sarkozy's probably just wishing to himself: "Please don't come back! I don't like Roma people!"

I didn't mention - but yas probably already know this - that it wasn't a forced expulsion; he offered them 300e to leave the country and a free flight back to Bucharest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

did he have something to say on these events or something where he was proven wrong? whats the relevence of (what i assume is..) his comments on the protests against the pope?

sorry nodin, please explain :o

I linked the article. He's saying there was protests against the pope, but not against the other three. There were protests against the other three, sometimes involving the same people.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

dvpower wrote: »
    That'd be Nodin.

Haha :D

nuxxx wrote: »
    A group of them meet up after begging everyday at a certain bus station I wont bother mentioning.

They sit down, count all the money that was given to them then laugh their heads off at the stupid stupid and gullable Irish people.

I guess they hop onto a bus and go begging for the evening in another area.

Its sickening, these people are sub human.

Do they do an evil cackle that goes on for ages and switch to english for the laughing at the Irish people? Or did you pick that up on the brain wave reader.

While you're at it, you might explain how begging removes one from humanity in general and down to "sub human".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Please tell me you're joking?

Nope, he has two minutes screen time as the main character watches a TV3 News Report where Ian discussed the serious assault that the lead suffered and how he feels society is on a downhill spiral where the streets and becoming more and more dangerous in a way that only Ian could.

Great film though.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Nope, he has two minutes screen time as the main character watches a TV3 News Report where Ian discussed the serious assault that the lead suffered and how he feels society is on a downhill spiral where the streets and becoming more and more dangerous in a way that only Ian could.

Great film though.

So he's not really Myers on the days when he can't find the theasaurus....

Ian O Doherty's up there with Bill o reilly and glenn beck in my book..
    man, i hate him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I know they're unproductive and unemployed but he probably wouldn't say that about one certain nationality who are known to not work and claim social welfare. Or would he? Maybe he would actually ...

What nationality is that then?

Do they visibly beg and harrass people on the street?
    Do they have the same reputation (deserved or not) for theft/criminality/ill-treatment of their children?

Deliberately coming over here to take advantage of our welfare system (and do many people really do that, i mean really?) isn't the same as deliberately coming over here take take advantage of the kindness of individual members of society and to engage in criminal activity.

Of course, on an animal level it's easy to hate the roma (especially as they seem to keep to themselves) and i can't say i'm a fan, but dictating policy on your emotions is a pretty stupid thing to do imo.
    We need to look at what the rational thing to do is and I don't think there's any easy answer. Long-term it would be great if we could get more of them to contribute to society, but i've no idea how we'd achieve this.

I don't think deporting them will do any good, nor will treating them like 2nd class citizens. With all the help we've gotten from the EU, surely we should give something back and help our romanian friends by absorbing a fair share of these "parasites".
    you see, this is the weird thing when talking about this kinda stuff (and I mean absolutely no offence conor)..

but have you met a roma that you have liked, respected or you felt wob/beg from you? i haven't...and the sad thing about society is this makes me a racist. is it my fault that the 'race' has a tendency toouldnt r lean toward the criminal?

Would you hate a person of roma roots who left the traditional roma way behind them and integrated with society?

If not then you're more of a culturalist than a racist. Discrimination is never right either way though: Do any of us actually know enough about roma culture to be 100% sure that they're all as bad as we assume them to be? Is it at all possible that they've just got bad representation here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Nodin wrote: »
    While you're at it, you might explain how begging removes one from humanity in general and down to "sub human".....

Explain?

You seem to be assuming he's using some sort of rational argument rather than letting the animal part of his brain do the talking.

Truth is, there is no such thing as "sub-human". People who think there is are just falling for a trick our brain evolved, so back in stone age times so we could happily reconcile our extreme empathy for some people with our complete lack of empathy for others (in particular those of other groups).

Think about it on a rational level and the illusion comes crashing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I don't think deporting them will do any good, nor will treating them like 2nd class citizens. With all the help we've gotten from the EU, surely we should give something back and help our romanian friends by absorbing a fair share of these "parasites".

Ireland along with 11 other EU countries already splits up €17.5 billion over 6 years to help the Roma integrate. We are under no obligation whatsoever to absorb a "fair share". We must accept those who fulfill the criteria as with any ethnicity/nationality etc.
    Is it at all possible that they've just got bad representation here?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

All over Europe Roma gypsies are known to be responsible for a huge amount of pick pocketing and bag slashing. Had multiple attempts on me in a few Spanish cities recently. I wasn't in Ireland when they were around here but i heard a few stories. Living at roundabouts, begging in traffic and 2 of my female friends had their bags dipped in a smoking area by one selling roses. So i can understand why people have a very negative view of them. Lots of money has been spent on trying to get them to settle and integrate in other countries and it ended up a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

curlzy wrote: »
    I was at a Romanian restaurant (amazing food btw) and the owner was romanian, I was outside having a smoke with him and Roma people came up, the man was spitting when he spoke of them. He said how would the Irish feel if the world thought all Irish were the same as Irish travellers, I could see his point.:(

People who spit are parasites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

orourkeda wrote: »
    If a roma comes from Romania does that make then Romanian.

I think you'll find it's more complicated than that.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/09/gypsies-on-a-genetic-island/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Ian O'Doherty is a parasite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

dvpower wrote: »
    Its hard to get a good rhyme going around "Eastern Europeans Out!".:)

East of where exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

Saw a Roma woman getting her babies pram searched by 2 Gardai on Saturday. They were confiscating several boxes of Gillette razor blades while she spat at them and cried-all at the same time. I'm not sure if she robbed them or perhaps her husband had just let his beard get out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No, because its the right thing to do, and no, it isn't.

In your opinion.

People like you sicken me, dancing on the head of a pin, and drilling down to last entity to try to defend the indefensible.

You don't fool me pal,the general public deserve to be rewarded for the taxes they pay, not taken for a ride by parasites and liggers who never have and never will do a productive day's work in their lives.

There are times when these wasters deserve to be described as they are, wasters.

Wasters who dilute the benefits due to the genuinely at risk people who have contributed to society in their working lifetime.

Unfortunately you will always get the bleeding heart liberals who for some romantic and stupid reason latch on to flyblown and indefensible causes from the safety of secure employment and insulation from the seeds of violence so casually sown by these people.

O'Doherty is dead right, if you are not prepared to try to contribute here, get the fcuk out and let those who want to contribute get on with it.

When you have had your property vandalised and stolen by these people on a regular basis you would change your tune.

Not saying that everyone from that background is ,as I describe, but rational society must realise that there are norms and rules which apply to further the ordered progression of society.

It would do the left wing liberals good to get down off their ivory towers and get in touch with the normal people who are ravaged by these liggers and wasters, and stop treating the taxpaying public as idiots and plugging a worn out line ,trying to defend the indefensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

i Spy would get my vote for Taoiseach, even if he slags off Galway on occasion, other than that, he's always right.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

fontanalis wrote: »
    East of where exactly.

Howth head?

galwayrush wrote: »
    i Spy would get my vote for Taoiseach, even if he slags off Galway on occasion, other than that, he's always right.:D

...except where he's entirely wrong, as shown earlier, presumably....

In your opinion.

People like (......) the indefensible.

Well, its a free country....mostly....I'll stick to defending minorities and the target of over generalisation, and you can stick to rants using the same stock phrases and little bits of prose about your bowel motions. That way we're all happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Could all the O' Doherty haters answer me one question. If the same thing was happening with Roma in Ireland, and you happened to have a bunch of em living right beside you, would you still be shouting about how wrong it is to repatriate them?

Thought not.

Agricola wrote: »
    Could all the O' Doherty haters answer me one question. If the same thing was happening with Roma in Ireland, and you happened to have a bunch of em living right beside you, would you still be shouting about how wrong it is to repatriate them?

The argument has been covered in other threads. I'd suggest looking them and contributing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well, its a free country....mostly....I'll stick to defending minorities and the target of over generalisation, and you can stick to rants using the same stock phrases and little bits of prose about your bowel motions. That way we're all happy.

Yeah.... you love that don't you.

When someone calls you out on your agenda you go all gaga and start delving into the bowels of the internet to find some nuggets of rubbish to drill the argument down to the atoms of existence.

Well, news for you pal, don't bother.

Most normal people accept that for society to exist ,people have to contribute to their ability.

If people want to ride on the coattails of productive people with no desire to contribute themselves , well hey that's their choice.

They will always have misguided bleeding hearts to defend them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Agricola wrote: »

Thought not.

O'Doherty is a poorman's polemicist.

If the same thing was happening to Irish citizens, in say for example England, and it was very nearly like that in the 60s and 70s, where would you stand on the issue?

The issue is not what your personal opinions on the Roma people are, the issue is whether it's morally defensible to deport people on the grounds of ethnicity.

Yeah.... you love that don't you.

When someone calls you out on your agenda you go all gaga and start delving into the bowels of the internet to find some nuggets of rubbish to drill the argument down to the atoms of existence.

Whats that in relation to? Doherty being wrong? Last I was aware saying "no protests" and there have been actual protests didn't require any reference to quantum physics on either side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

If the same thing was happening to Irish citizens, in say for example England, and it was very nearly like that in the 60s and 70s, where would you stand on the issue?

A country deporting people legally... no issue whatsoever.
    The issue is not what your personal opinions on the Roma people are, the issue is whether it's morally defensible to deport people of people on the grounds of ethnicity.

They haven't. France deports people day-in, day-out regardless of ethnicity.

Advertisement