Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iSpy has done it again! Let's compare the Roma to parasites ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Less of the sub human talk.

No group deserves you that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Nodin wrote: »
    ...just like I said, you weren't remembering it correctly. Theres a live thread on the matter in the politics forum, feel free to chime in.

:confused: After I posted the aforementioned section on numbers, you (a) refused to acknowledge it and (b) actually took someone else's word as to what the memo said while trying to insult me (incorrectly as it turned out), making clear you have no clue what the memo actually said outside of the selective quotes appearing in newspapers. What's the issue? Can't read it and make up your own mind?

Yep, I think I remembered it perfectly. It was dealt with, you sing la la la la and commented no further. Once again trying to appear the smartass and back-firing.

Can we actually say what we think of O'Doherty without incurring modwrath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

prinz wrote: »
    After I posted(........) your own mind

Theres a thread in politics where you can take it alllll up again.
    prinz wrote: »
    Can we actually say what we think of O'Doherty without incurring modwrath?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056026459&page=10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ian has been a very naughty boy. I hope that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

nuxxx wrote: »
    All those roma came here for one purpose and one purpose only to beg and steal , there a sub species to human for me. They planned it.

They were sitting on the path in the bus station and a auld one walked by and dropped money into one of there basket things. One of them followed the old woman and got more money out of her, turned around, showed the money and they started jeering. Do you really need a language to understand that?

Do you have roma drinking buddies or something you are trying to stand up for? I wudent leave a lit cigerette in the ashtray let alone my phone/wallet on the table in their company.

I lived away from home over the summer and my landlords sister owns and a petrol station. One night she was talking about the roma gypsies coming into the shop in huge crowds, and shoplifting whatever they could. Another thing they do is ask for a particular product and ask you to show it to them, in the same time another one of them is shop lifting while your distracted.

The shop down the road was done last summer too. About 20 of them came in and even managed to get into an office upstairs and rob it blind in the mayhem.

What makes you any different from me? I suppose all you want is a bit of a reaction from other keyboard warriors. If you really want to make a difference go write an article defending them, go buy a domain and build a little site and try and get a petition going. I dont know, do something, what your doing here is worthless.

I believe the majority of people think the same way as I do about these people, but I guess some let the others do the talking for them. If there was a vote in the morning IMO it would be like 95% if not more, what does your little opinion matter then? Absolutely nothing.

PPS

Loose the smug arrogent tone, its a internet forum

Or how about he just utilises boards.ie as he sees fit and expresses his opinion; should people have to check with you, before they post, in order to ensure that their opinion on a given issue chimes with what you believe the 'majority of people think'?
    And if you feel that expressing an opinion here is 'worthless', why are you bothering to do it?
    By the way, finishing up a post like that by admonishing the poster it targets for the 'tone' of their posts, is pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I really wish the bleeding heart sentimental fools would have had some of their possessions nicked by the thieving bastids (and not nearly nicked, because apparently that gives you a chance to be magnaminous :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

BigEejit wrote: »
    I really wish the bleeding heart sentimental fools would have had some of their possessions nicked by the thieving bastids (and not nearly nicked, because apparently that gives you a chance to be magnaminous :()

You WANT the Roma to rob people? I thought thats just the type of behaviour that some posters are complaining about.

Good username btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Are these people allowed to be in France legally if they are from an EU state?

If so, how can anyone really support people being singled out based on their ethnicity? Seriously.

If not, while I support France's right to deport illegal immigrants, but can't possibly get behind selecting which immigrants to deport based on their ethnicity. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

It would do the left wing liberals good to get down off their ivory towers and get in touch with the normal people who are ravaged by these liggers and wasters, and stop treating the taxpaying public as idiots and plugging a worn out line ,trying to defend the indefensible.

The vast majority of liberals aren't in some sort of conspiracy to defend the indefensible, they're out to ensure civil liberties are protected for good people, realising that in order for them to work, civil liberties have to be applied across the board, even when it means protecting them for bad people.

Wanting to limit the government's power over the people, give citizens an equal shot at life and ensure fair treatment in the eyes of the law does not make you a "bleeding heart".

No more than wanting to give the government more power over the people makes you a full blown neo-nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

OP fail, O'Doherty was right and 'parasitic' is absolutely the right term, I'm glad he had no problem writing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

its actually funny how much more people in Romania hate the roma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Really hate to say it, but all of my experiences with, and anyone who's experience I've heard of, is of the Roma engaging in nothing other than thievery.

Sadly, it seems that they're just completely geared towards knavery.

Makes it hard for bleeding-heart pinkos like myself to defend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Conor OH! wrote: »
    He's exactly right, and pretty much on point with most things he says in his column.

do we not WANT opinion in our newspapers???? surely the whole point of reading news is to be able to understand things from many points of view, and not just slate it when you disagree?

it's not racist, and it's not hateful towards them at all.

he's merely proving a point with a bit of colourful language.

Opinion is one thing, but when you propegate stuff that is offensive or untrue then that is another matter.

In the same column he said...
    In the middle of the Pope’s controversial visit to Britain — I noticed five Algerians were arrested last Friday in connection with a plot to kill the Pope, further proving just what a religion of peace Islam is

The bit he left out was that the five men were released without charge over 24 hours before that column was published.

On Park 51
    Oh, and for the record, the ‘moderate’ Muslim group plans to call the building the ‘Cordoba House’ — Cordoba being particularly resonant because that’s the Spanish city where Muslim soldiers razed a Christian Church and then built a mosque on its ruins.

Firstly the name had been changed to Park51 long before tthe above statement was written in August.

As for the church, it was purchased and parts were added to it to create the mosque.

O Doherty is just a piece of filth. and he is a lazy piece of filth at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

O Doherty is just a piece of filth.

Tut tut I dare say you will be infracted for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Tut tut I dare say you will be infracted for that....

perhaps if he changes it to "O'Doherty is subhuman scum"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Dudess wrote: »
    It just seems like: get a job with Independent Newspapers and get told "Steer your views to the right or say goodbye to your job". I really don't believe Ian O'Doherty would use a term like "parasites" re Roma/would be an Israel apologist if it wasn't for the fact that he's employed by a company whose head honcho is Rupert Murdoch lite.

I always find the above type of viewpoint puzzling. The automatic assumption that someone must be a wind-up-merchant/in-someone's-pocket for disagreeing with the majority opinion of the herd (though describing the Roma as that, probably isn't that far from the popular view).

What Sarkosy is doing doesn't sit well with me. While I have a lot of reasons to hate the Roma, I dunno. Doesn't seem right.

Bullfighting brings shame upon the nation of Spain.

But it seems even bullfighting isn't the worst example of cruelty.

A British report has written about the practice of the 'blood fiesta' -- where bulls are chased down a narrow street being stabbed by eight-foot spears before being slowly hacked to death by a bunch of cowardly spics who then remove its testicles and tail -- ideally while the creature is still alive.

And, incredibly, up to €37m has been handed over by the EU in the last few years in 'subsidies' for the areas where this practice takes place.

Even more incredibly, there is now a move within the European Parliament to have this practice protected as: "Part of Europe's cultural heritage."

Part of Europe's cultural heritage?

Does that mean we can bring back slavery now while we're at it?

O'Doherty proves my point.

will let you all get back to Roma-bashing .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

O'Doherty proves my point.

will let you all get back to Roma-bashing .

oh he used the sord 'spic' to describe the spanish.

i think the brits, paddys, frogs, huns and bolshies should all write a strongly worded letter to the indo telling them how terrible that is...

or i could leave my righteous indignation for another day...yes, i think i wont bother getting wound up by something so unbelieveably lame

oh he used the sord 'spic' to describe the spanish.

i think the brits, paddys, frogs, huns and bolshies should all write a strongly worded letter to the indo telling them how terrible that is...

or i could leave my righteous indignation for another day...yes, i think i wont bother getting wound up by something so unbelieveably lame

There are plenty of spannish people in Dublin, go up to one of them and call them a spic, see how they respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

There are plenty of spannish people in Dublin, go up to one of them and call them a spic, see how they respond.

Grow up.

• Advertisement

yeah, like if a random english guy came up to me and called me paddy? that's not what your point was. your point was that he called the spanish 'spics'...in a newspaper...in a wanton sensationalist column...while being derogatory about a part of their culture...

yeah, i see what you were getting at, and i still think you dont live in the real world

Morlar wrote: »
    Grow up.

your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

your point?

Are you for real? Honestly?

yeah, like if a random english guy came up to me and called me paddy? that's not what your point was. your point was that he called the spanish 'spics'...in a newspaper...in a wanton sensationalist column...while being derogatory about a part of their culture...

yeah, i see what you were getting at, and i still think you dont live in the real world

Funny how I can be derogatory over Chinese, Indonesian, Zimbawean and Israeli policy without having once to resort to ethnic slurs....

Maybe thats where I'm going wrong......Start blaming it all on backwardness and ethnicity and I'll get a job at the sindo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

your point?

Obviously was not plain enough for you.

Morlar wrote: »
    Obviously was not plain enough for you.

whatever it was, it was lost in the abusive nature of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Leave the ones who play music anyway.

RasTa wrote: »
    Leave the ones who play music anyway.

Unless its some one tune merchant belting on the fields of athenry all day long. Thats a no-no, and I don't care where they're from.

Funny how I can be derogatory over Chinese, Indonesian, Zimbawean and Israeli policy without having once to resort to ethnic slurs....

Maybe thats where I'm going wrong......Start blaming it all on backwardness and ethnicity and I'll get a job at the sindo....

i dont care how you would decide to be derogartory about the chinese or anybody else.

what i care about is my freedom to live in a country where a sensationalist newspaper commentator can say what he pleases and people like you shut up about it and realise this is a free country, with freedom of speach.

you (and the spanish) have a freedom to find it distasteful - but i couldn't give a s'hit what you think. same as i couldn't give a s'hit when some right wing commentator in the UK calls the irish paddies. i'm grown up enough to know he can say what he wants - you should try it, it's liberating not feeling like you've to defend every little minority (and useless) cause you come across

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

markesmith wrote: »
    Really hate to say it, but all of my experiences with, and anyone who's experience I've heard of, is of the Roma engaging in nothing other than thievery.

Sadly, it seems that they're just completely geared towards knavery.

Makes it hard for bleeding-heart pinkos like myself to defend them.

Can anyone say they've had a positive experience with this particular group?

Advertisement