Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options
  • 17-08-2010 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I just thought I'd set up this thread for anyone thats hoping to start college in Trinity in September. :) Feel Free to let us know what course your planning on doing and maybe we could make some new friends before we start so iur first day isn't as daunting :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

Hoping for french and russian, if not.....business and russian

business can't be that bad, right? im such an arts waster at heart....:P

not gonna get sleep tonight anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LaurenC

French & Russian, You must be a geniius at languages :)
    Im hoping for childrens Nursing :)
    Im sooooooooooo nervous for 2m :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

LaurenC wrote: »
    French & Russian, You must be a geniius at languages :)
    Im hoping for childrens Nursing :)
    Im sooooooooooo nervous for 2m :O

Hey hopefully I will be joining you guys too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brunhein

I'm starting this fall! Science

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Brunhein wrote: »
    I'm starting this fall! Science

Hope i'll be seeing you there, all depends on Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

What day does TCD start for us first years?
    I'm looking to do law, got 525 today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

PeterTwo wrote: »
    What day does TCD start for us first years?
    I'm looking to do law, got 525 today. :)

Freshers Week starts on the 20th of September. You probably won't need to be in all week, but you'll need to go to registration anyway. I'd recommend also turning up for your course meeting and the general orientation meeting. :) Once you accept your offer, you'll be sent out an orientation pack which will give you the times for those things I mentioned, as well as the sports tour and library tour, both of which are optional.

Of course there'll be stuff going on all week. There'll be stands for various clubs/societies in Front Square, there'll be nights out.. There's loads to do! But you'll probably get a load of mail from the various societies anyway so you'll find all that out in due course. :)

Oh, and the first week of lectures starts the following week (i.e. from the 27th!).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Welcome to the TCD forum. It's troll-tastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

andrew wrote: »
    Welcome to the TCD forum. It's troll-tastic :)

Welcome to life, it's troll-tastic! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Starting maths, hopefully! (:

Does anyone know what's the story with applying for accomodation in Trinity Hall??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Does anyone know what's the story with applying for accomodation in Trinity Hall??
    You've got to wait until you accept a place then apply online. Has it all here

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Hopefully be starting either English Studies or, more likely, History.

Very much looking forward to find out which! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hopefully Law, I got 540 so fingers crossed it'll be enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Good taste in music too, I see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Good taste in music too, I see :)

I read this post as: "Oh, good taste in music, yeah I like the same sort of music, we have loads in common, I'm a really nice guy, no it's alright, I'll be gentle, just pop that in your mouth there, it won't bite."

Getting a foot in the door with the freshers, you sicko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

The Walsho wrote: »
    I read this post as: "Oh, good taste in music, yeah I like the same sort of music, we have loads in common, I'm a really nice guy, no it's alright, I'll be gentle, just pop that in your mouth there, it won't bite."

Getting a foot in the door with the freshers, you sicko.

Any word on that column in Trinity News?

/raving fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Craguls wrote: »
    Any word on that column in Trinity News?

/raving fan

Yeah, I agreed to do it. It's slightly different than the Miscellany column or the blog in that there's an actual purpose to this one (rather than just me rambling about whatever I want), but I'm looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'll be doing Science - Biology, Chemistry & Maths :)

Not my first time in college (dropped out after 2 years in UCD) but first time in Trinners so WOO! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Hoping to do English. Really really nervous as I won't know anyone there and I'm moving up from a tiny village in the west. I'm going to be so lost and worried and ALONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Hotaru wrote: »
    I'll be doing Science - Biology, Chemistry & Maths :)

Not my first time in college (dropped out after 2 years in UCD) but first time in Trinners so WOO! :)
    Coolio! Good luck. There's a big thread with lots of usefull info here. Has a good bit of general science related chat too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hoping to do English. Really really nervous as I won't know anyone there and I'm moving up from a tiny village in the west. I'm going to be so lost and worried and ALONE.

Just throw yourself into it. Go to freshers week, join one or two societies and a sports club you think you'd like. Go to their welcome nights/events. Chat to whoever. Most likely they'll be just as nervous and lost as yourself and will be glad to talk to someone.

Apparently I said I'd organise a TCD Beers so come to that when I, eh, get it organised! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

I'll be doing medicine!
    Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Hopefully I'll get Science!- Maths, Physics and haven't decided yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Physio I'm hoping for! Really nervous about starting too... I'm from the country so it's gonna be a big change!:eek:
    Hopefuly it will all go well tho...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Larianne wrote: »
    Apparently I said I'd organise a TCD Beers so come to that when I, eh, get it organised! :)

Not just any old beers... ROLLER DISCO beers!
    I'll be doing medicine!
    Can't wait! :D

Congrats! There's loads of Med heads knockin' around this forum, keep an eye out for us ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brunhein

Physio I'm hoping for! Really nervous about starting too... I'm from the country so it's gonna be a big change!:eek:
    Hopefuly it will all go well tho...:cool:

I'm from the Southern United States, you're preaching to the choir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Larianne wrote: »
    Just throw yourself into it. Go to freshers week, join one or two societies and a sports club you think you'd like. Go to their welcome nights/events. Chat to whoever. Most likely they'll be just as nervous and lost as yourself and will be glad to talk to someone.

Sure we can leave the roller-beers for a while and have a regular beers first if you need time to organise it. :D Should *probably* try to have an early beers for the freshers - maybe first teaching week seeing as there'll be so much on during Freshers' Week? *coughs in direction of the mods* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Back to college in eleven days. Cant freekin wait to get out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Sure we can leave the roller-beers for a while and have a regular beers first if you need time to organise it. :D Should *probably* try to have an early beers for the freshers - maybe first teaching week seeing as there'll be so much on during Freshers' Week? *coughs in direction of the mods* :pac:

Oh I've no problem organising it. Just it's a bit early for that sort of thing.

Whatever the masses decide!

I'm booked up the Monday and Thursday of the first teaching week. I know, already. :pac: But I'll be in the Pav on the Thursday. ;) Good Plan Aoibh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MarielleJ

I'll be starting BESS this fall and also don't know anyone since I'm from California but I'm beyond excited to start!!

Advertisement