Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

theowen wrote: »
    Is that not just for health sciences peps too, no?

In my booklet thingy it says "Engineering and Engineering & Management students ONLY - Preliminary Course in Chemistry" as the page's heading. Maybe they have it on other courses' booklets as well or something idk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

The forms are in the packages sent out today, mainly the orientation booklet:rolleyes:

Yes but there isn't one specifically for ot like there is for all the other courses so that's what I'm asking can I use one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

In my booklet thingy it says "Engineering and Engineering & Management students ONLY - Preliminary Course in Chemistry" as the page's heading. Maybe they have it on other courses' booklets as well or something idk.
    Ah dono. Thinking of going to the biology thing now, just to meet people as someone said a few posts ago and brush up on everything. Could go horribly, boringly wrong though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

If you haven't done LC chemistry, seriously consider the chemistry prelim course.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I am =] I was actually seeing it as an opportunity to pretty much meet some engineering people before anything even starts :)
    Planning on missing the last day though as my debs are the day before!

I doubt it'll be such a huge problem that we didn't do chemistry for the LC.

Well I shall see you there so :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CassM

Anybody for physiotherapy?!

So, if I join say the GAA society, do people take the sport really seriously? I just want to have a kick around really, instead of intense training and the like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Aloona

Another TR071-er here! :)

No idea what subjects tho'... want to do Physics, Chemistry and Biology... do I have to take Maths??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Limerickhurler

Well I'll be doing law. Just saw a timetable..only 9 hours a week:D. Hope I'm not the only bogger there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

So, if I join say the GAA society, do people take the sport really seriously? I just want to have a kick around really, instead of intense training and the like...

I'm a big GAA fan, go to all the matches and loving watching it but never picked up a Gaelic ball in my life so I should probably stay away.. :(

• Advertisement

Well I'll be doing law. Just saw a timetable..only 9 hours a week:D. Hope I'm not the only bogger there!

Where do you get the timetables?:confused:

Where do you find your time table?:cool:

I'm a big GAA fan, go to all the matches and loving watching it but never picked up a Gaelic ball in my life so I should probably stay away.. :(
    I hate watching it but love playing it. Wierd?

You could be the first ever GAA cheer leader?

I hate watching it but love playing it. Wierd?

You could be the first ever GAA cheer leader?

That is weird, maybe I would like playing it but never really got the chance. Don't particularly want to start now though! Cheerleading could work but wouldn't do it by myself :cool: Might get a group going or something. I would like the uniform but Dublin colours of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

That is weird, maybe I would like playing it but never really got the chance. Don't particularly want to start now though! Cheerleading could work but wouldn't do it by myself :cool: Might get a group going or something. I would like the uniform but Dublin colours of course :)

County colours are cool in Templemore. You don't see Man U jerseys at Oxbridge.

I think you should definetly do it by yourself. It would be the ultimate way to announce your self in Trinity. Just show up for the first match and give it socks, wearing the uniform ^ too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Limerickhurler

ajjmk wrote: »
    Where do you get the timetables?:confused:
    Heres the draft law timetable:
    http://www.tcd.ie/Law/Draft%20Law%202010-11.pdf

Plebs wrote: »
    County colours are cool in Templemore. You don't see Man U jerseys at Oxbridge.

Nope, i've never seen any Man U jerseys there so I guess I'll just keep the jersey wearing to a minimum. I can still wear the colours every now and then, no-one would really know!
    I think you should definetly do it by yourself. It would be the ultimate way to announce your self in Trinity. Just show up for the first match and give it socks, wearing the uniform ^ too:)

It would be one way to make a name for myself but I think, for the first few weeks anyway, I'll just tone down the whole cheerleeading thing :cool: That means no uniform or anything and then one day out of the blue, I'll just surprise people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Me too. :D Love the timetable, bet it changes to include a few 9am mornings which would involve almostnever crawling out of bed at 6 or so for the 7am bus... <_< Wonder what way seminars and stuff are added onto the timetable, too. T'will be interesting to see how it pans out, looking forward to it all though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Me too. :D Love the timetable, bet it changes to include a few 9am mornings which would involve almostnever crawling out of bed at 6 or so for the 7am bus... <_< Wonder what way seminars and stuff are added onto the timetable, too. T'will be interesting to see how it pans out, looking forward to it all though! :)
    They have lectures at 9 am ?!?!?!?!

I wept

• Advertisement

Craguls wrote: »
    I wept

Now you see why I didn't accept science ;)

Second year Law students have 3 nine am starts though, that'd be horrible considering the relatively few contact hours involved overall. Plus, we'll have to basically live in the library, etc, etc. (or so I am told!)

First week of lectures starts the 27th, by the way? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You really think I'll be quiet enough leaving the house to let you stay asleep?

amacachi wrote: »
    You really think I'll be quiet enough leaving the house to let you stay asleep?

Unless people know you're my brother that sounds so wrong....so just pointing out that small fact. :p

Unless people know you're my brother that sounds so wrong....so just pointing out that small fact. :p

For some people you've made it sound even more wrong.

amacachi wrote: »
    For some people you've made it sound even more wrong.

Hahaha, made me literally LOL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭AH92

General nursing for me but kinda disappointed that the nursing building is outside the trinity campus :(

Craguls wrote: »
    I wept

Can you imagine how they'd be if they had to really work like us scientists?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

CassM wrote: »
    Anybody for physiotherapy?!

Me!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mongolia

EmilyO wrote: »
    Where are all the European Studies peeps? All 45 of you anyway :p
    Can't wait to get started; what sorta stuff goes on during Freshers' Week?
    So excited!!

here's one, 43 more to find now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Has anyone in Science got anything from Trinity yet?

I feel like I'm waiting for a guy to call me back after a date.
    WHY HASN'T HE CALLED? :p

Advertisement