Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AliceXD

Craguls wrote: »
    Maths and physics together will let you do any of the physics streams in 3rd and 4th year.

Taking both chemistry modules opens up chemistry

Taking up both biology modules opens up the David Attenbourough whole organism biology modules like Zoology, Botany etc

Doing either geography or geology will open up each option to you in 3rd and 4th year.

If you're looking to do something to fill space with in the first semester try chemistry 1 since you're doing physics. It's physical chemistry so it'll compliment the physics quite well.

You should be able to move around easily enough though in the first few weeks should you feel you don't like something.

Ah cheers :) I wanted to go into Physics so I'll just stick with what I decided on.. Chemistry just isn't my thing :p Thanks again for your input, you rock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dr D wrote: »
    A little from column A and a little from column B. :P Nah, looking forward to it a lot, hopefully it's a good group.

One things for sure anyways, its gonna be male dominated:( Spose thats what the Pav is for anyways.

I'm probably in the same boat skills wise, must try to motivate myself to start some pearl/java/other so I have something when we start. Full month left, maaaad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr D

One things for sure anyways, its gonna be male dominated:( Spose thats what the Pav is for anyways.

I'm probably in the same boat skills wise, must try to motivate myself to start some pearl/java/other so I have something when we start. Full month left, maaaad.

I think I'd be better off brushing up on the aul Maths, although I gather that we start with Java according to the guy I talked to at the Open Day. I don't want to confuse myself with too much programming but I suppose getting into the mindset of teaching myself now rather than later is a good idea.

Suppose it's better than playing games all that as I am now :P

Suppose it's better than playing games all that as I am now :P

I'm thinking a weekly LAN is in order if we can sort a room and a few switches.

I'm thinking a weekly LAN is in order if we can sort a room and a few switches.

That would be excellent, LANs are always great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Best tip for any people starting science is this: http://www.tcd.ie/Science/undergraduate/prerequisites/ Leaving out Chemistry in first years closes off a lot of routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

allym wrote: »
    Anyone joining me in Occupational Therapy? :)
    No but my friend is a second year, she has lectures during freshers week :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 casadenikki

AliceXD wrote: »
    Woo! TR071 here I come baby! :cool:

I'm delighted! And I see a good few people are doing it too, can't wait to meet you all :D

Physics, Maths, Bio101 and Geology :P

It's gonna be AWESOME!
    I'm doing the exact same too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That would be excellent, LANs are always great craic.
    If you're living in halls you're already on a LAN... that said, there may be some hoops to jump through for some games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kreuzuerk

I've just been confronted with a message on the accommodation application site to 'state relevant grounds to support your application'. Is stating that I'm coming from abroad and have no family or friends in Dublin enough or am I supposed to expand a bit on why I need somewhere to live?

Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tehPOK

I'm doing Engineering! Who else is? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

tehPOK wrote: »
    I'm doing Engineering! Who else is? :)

Me! ^_^ And a few others in the first few pages of this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Starting physio myself... Should be a bit of craic!
    Havent seen any fellow physio-ans floating about here at all! Is it just me then??:eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Starting physio myself... Should be a bit of craic!
    Havent seen any fellow physio-ans floating about here at all! Is it just me then??:eek: :rolleyes:

Shy and retiring bunch us Physios.

Enjoy the hell that is Physiology!!

Larianne wrote: »
    Shy and retiring bunch us Physios.

Enjoy the hell that is Physiology!!

Seems to be that way huh?;)

Ah I've heard about that.... Not looking forward to physiology from what I've heard so far.. Gonna have to knuckle down early by the looks of things!:confused:

Seems to be that way huh?;)

Ah I've heard about that.... Not looking forward to physiology from what I've heard so far.. Gonna have to knuckle down early by the looks of things!:confused:

Yeah, just keep up with the study. You'll need to for the lab assessments anyways. Its worth it in the end - half my class studying away at the moment for repeats next week. Don't let that be you. I think I'd die!

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, just keep up with the study. You'll need to for the lab assessments anyways. Its worth it in the end - half my class studying away at the moment for repeats next week. Don't let that be you. I think I'd die!

Thanks for the advice! Definitely don't want to be studying over summer thats for sure! What year are you in now then? Are you enjoying it so far?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Andrew W

Starting maths, hopefully! (:

I'll be in with you! :D

Thanks for the advice! Definitely don't want to be studying over summer thats for sure! What year are you in now then? Are you enjoying it so far?:o

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doritogasm

Yay I got TR033 Computer Science, I can't wait to start should be fun. :D

• Advertisement

Doritogasm wrote: »
    Yay I got TR033 Computer Science, I can't wait to start should be fun. :D

Another one, score. Thats you, me, Dr D and 2 other lads I know. Any more?

Another one, score. Thats you, me, Dr D and 2 other lads I know. Any more?

I don't know anyone doing CS but hey I'll see ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tehPOK

Me! ^_^ And a few others in the first few pages of this thread :)
    I'll see you guys there, should be good craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Andrew W wrote: »
    I'll be in with you! :D
    Me too :)

I don't know anyone doing CS but hey I'll see ya there

Congrats on getting the course, I remember seeing you in thread during the wait. Seems to be a fair few of us CS guys in thread here.

Congrats on getting the course, I remember seeing you in thread during the wait. Seems to be a fair few of us CS guys in thread here.

Congrats to you too but I'm going to be a CS girl! lol

Congrats to you too but I'm going to be a CS girl! lol

Hah fair play, my bad. I'd imagine you'll be one of the rare few. I'm just glad to get to know a few people here before going in. We all need a code word so we know each other when we get there. :P

Hah fair play, my bad. I'd imagine you'll be one of the rare few. I'm just glad to get to know a few people here before going in. We all need a code word so we know each other when we get there. :P

I'd defo say not many girls will be there but I'm not complaining. And a code word sounds like a plan lol

• Advertisement

I'd defo say not many girls will be there but I'm not complaining. And a code word sounds like a plan lol

Were you there for the open day talk on it? It was so packed that day I was worried the points would shoot up, so glad they didn't.

Advertisement