Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doritogasm

Dr D wrote: »
    Were you there for the open day talk on it? It was so packed that day I was worried the points would shoot up, so glad they didn't.

Yep I was at the open day I was there for ages. I was worried about the points all summer but who cares now were in!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Got pharmacy so see yis around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kiddykat

general nursing, so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dr D wrote: »
    Were you there for the open day talk on it? It was so packed that day I was worried the points would shoot up, so glad they didn't.
    Doritogasm wrote: »
    Yep I was at the open day I was there for ages. I was worried about the points all summer but who cares now were in!! :D

Loved your man from havok's presentation. Very well done.

Got in early for the first round of lectures, smack bang in the middle:) Hate to have had to stand.

We should facebook each other, that way we'll be able to pick each other out, as I dont feel like going round using a codeword all day/week:p

Got in early for the first round of lectures, smack bang in the middle:) Hate to have had to stand.

We should facebook each other, that way we'll be able to pick each other out, as I dont feel like going round using a codeword all day/week:p

Havok presentation was pretty beast and I think facebook would be smarter then a code word now that I think about it LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

What's CS?:confused:

Computer Science TR033 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Computer Science... yeah nothing interesting.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr D

Well anyway, both of ya send me a PM and we can exchange facebooks there and whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Andrew W

Me too :)

:pac: Huzzah!
    Nice username, I like VU or at least VU&N (think that's the name of the album . . . the one with the Warhol cover). Will hopefully get to see you freshman week and we get to chat about our presumably obscure tastes over a pint or two, assuming you aren't lying about drink being one of your interests (couldn't help but notice) :D
    ps. speaking of drink being an interest am currently training to become a barman in TGI's part time, so if you ever want to hit me up for a decent cocktail to prepare for the lady's or yourself holler ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mithrid

wild_swan wrote: »
    Human Health & Disease - took the year out from this course last year so I'm technically 'starting' :D Think I seen a few fellow HHAD'ers floating around here - so Hi!!:D

I thought I was the only one starting this course! Glad to see another HH&D'er around. I'll see you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

anyone else having trouble with getting their application for halls through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rorschachman

anyone else having trouble with getting their application for halls through?

Mine went through fine earlier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Janette1

Mithrid wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one starting this course! Glad to see another HH&D'er around. I'll see you there!

Me too! :D That makes 3! ...oh and one other guy on the forum too so 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Andrew W wrote: »
    :pac: Huzzah!
    Nice username, I like VU or at least VU&N (think that's the name of the album . . . the one with the Warhol cover). Will hopefully get to see you freshman week and we get to chat about our presumably obscure tastes over a pint or two, assuming you aren't lying about drink being one of your interests (couldn't help but notice) :D
    ps. speaking of drink being an interest am currently training to become a barman in TGI's part time, so if you ever want to hit me up for a decent cocktail to prepare for the lady's or yourself holler ;)
    'Tis indeed the album, and your recognition of my username is a very positive first impression. I expect we'll get along very well! :P
    We shall have to discuss expanding your horizons beyond VU&N, though. :D
    And drinks should never stop at two. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Mine went through fine earlier...

In the written application part mine keeps sayin its too long when I know its not!! I'll just have to keep trying..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Hi guys... Did anyone get their orientation book in the post today? Cant get over the amount of forms to be filled in!!:confused: Dont know where to start!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Haven't received mine yet but im dying for it to come, anyway who doesn't like filling in loads of forms......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Where are all the European Studies peeps? All 45 of you anyway :p
    Can't wait to get started; what sorta stuff goes on during Freshers' Week?
    So excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

Hi guys... Did anyone get their orientation book in the post today? Cant get over the amount of forms to be filled in!!:confused: Dont know where to start!:eek:

I know! it's quite daunting! Nothing like getting told how many injections you need!
    and the forms aren't even easy tear forms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 AliceXD

Haven't gotten mine yet :eek: .. does your course or where you live depend on when you get it?

Got the book today. Garda vetting form, modules, blood test...keeps going :rolleyes:

Fecking 270 euro for a blood test. What the feck?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

theowen wrote: »
    Got the book today. Garda vetting form, modules, blood test...keeps going :rolleyes:

Fecking 270 euro for a blood test. What the feck?
    What course requires you take a blood test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

All the health science courses require the applicant to be screened for Hepatitis B s antigen, anti HB core antigen, and a plethora of other tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Is anyone else doing the course in Chemistry from the 13th-17th September? I hadnt realised that not doing Chemistry in the LC would be that big of a deal when doing Engineering.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

ajjmk wrote: »
    Is anyone else doing the course in Chemistry from the 13th-17th September? I hadnt realised that not doing Chemistry in the LC would be that big of a deal when doing Engineering.. :(

I am =] I was actually seeing it as an opportunity to pretty much meet some engineering people before anything even starts :)
    Planning on missing the last day though as my debs are the day before!

I doubt it'll be such a huge problem that we didn't do chemistry for the LC.

All the health science courses require the applicant to be screened for Hepatitis B s antigen, anti HB core antigen, and a plethora of other tests.
    Yeap. And I've already a blood test awaiting me for a different issue. That means like 3 tests at least in 2 weeks...

I am =] I was actually seeing it as an opportunity to pretty much meet some engineering people before anything even starts :)
    Planning on missing the last day though as my debs are the day before!

I doubt it'll be such a huge problem that we didn't do chemistry for the LC.
    Is that not just for health sciences peps too, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

So I'm starting occupational therapy and as far as blood tests and vaccinations go I wasn't given a form like the other health sciences such as physiotherapy got. Does anyone know if I can use one of those forms or is a letter from my doctor enough?

• Advertisement

allym wrote: »
    So I'm starting occupational therapy and as far as blood tests and vaccinations go I wasn't given a form like the other health sciences such as physiotherapy got. Does anyone know if I can use one of those forms or is a letter from my doctor enough?
    The forms are in the packages sent out today, mainly the orientation booklet:rolleyes:

Advertisement