Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ha, I just got an 11 kill streak on Favela purely by running about knifing people, I only did it cos I had intended it on being my last game before bed and just wanted to **** around a bit, got a chopper gunner out of it before I died, then racked up another 8 kills from that, 20 kills, 3 deaths, not bad for a mess game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    I shot down a pavelow and harrier with a single stinger missle.:D
    Ive done it before but i wasn't sure if i had done it or someone else fired at the same time but now i know it can be done.

Triple confirmation for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

32-3-3 in TDM with RPD in Karachi.

Joined a FFA in Afghan today already 3 minutes in and with 2 harriers already in the sky belonging to 2 different people. Not usually a good thing. Luckily, someone else shot them down rather rapidly. Died three times and then I started a streak. 5 kills-Predator. 7-harriers. 11-AC130. Then I was flying.

Finished 22-4 and won by a single kill. Not bad for starting 3 minutes in.

I killed the same guy 10 times on a TDM in Derail earlier, he kept going for that small log cabin way over by the petrol station, saw him shoot a teammate, crept up, knifed him. stuck a claymore where he was but on the other side of the fence, waited 2 mins, boom, kill number 2 :D rinse and repeat for the whole game, some people never learn, call it camping if you want, but i was camping a camper,and he was dumb enough to keep falling for it, so its all even :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

krudler wrote: »
    call it camping if you want, but i was camping a camper
    Nope it not camping its a legitimate way of educating campers either to 1)not camp or 2)if you are going to camp do it properly!!!:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

ENEMY EMERGENCY AIRDROP IMCOMING!!

Roige I thought. Saw them fall not to far from me, round the corner with a spas, BOOM, he's down.

Go over to a package, Chopper Gunner, quality! Nicked that, sprinted to another, Chopper Gunner again, UNREAL. All my teammates were like 'WTF!?' when I called em in just after another! haha!

Poor fella was raging in the lobby afterwards!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

If I was on that guys team, I'd be raging with him for losing them! If you're going to call in an EAD, there are two golden rules.

Either make sure its on a huge map and check the mini map to make sure you are nowhere near the other team or their spawn.

Or make sure you call out to some of your teammates to help you and give them one or two crates as thanks.

Losing an AC130/Chopper/Pavelow etc because you dropped the flare in the middle of the map as soon as you got the reward is.... well not very well thought out (to put it politely)

SRFC90 wrote: »
    ENEMY EMERGENCY AIRDROP IMCOMING!!

Roige I thought. Saw them fall not to far from me, round the corner with a spas, BOOM, he's down.

Go over to a package, Chopper Gunner, quality! Nicked that, sprinted to another, Chopper Gunner again, UNREAL. All my teammates were like 'WTF!?' when I called em in just after another! haha!

Poor fella was raging in the lobby afterwards!

:cool:
    I love pushing for care packages/EAD's as well. If I am within 1/4 map of it, I will attack it. Sprint towards it. Throw a frag towards it from a bit of range, maybe a kill. Now keep running at it. If your team are dominating the rest of the map, the killed player may spawn close to package. As you get really close to it, throw both flash/stun grenades. Hit markers. SPAS out. Around corner. Bang, bang. +200. Capture the package.

I have done this so much and have got some really good carepackages from it. On rust alone, I have got Chopper-gunners, AC130's and pavelows just doing this. One of those usually guarantees a win in TDM on that map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Brena

The First MW2 Map Pack Will B Out D 11 Or D 30 Of April Or May

• Advertisement

Brena wrote: »

Translation please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Brena wrote: »
    shawpower wrote: »
    Translation please? :)

D 1st mw2 mp wll b out d 11 R 30 o april/may

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

D Sun will Rise 2moro or the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When I did play it, I loved the unlimited sprint perk: the person that I'd be chasing (sometimes for a minute or two) would eventually get in range, stop sprinting, and I'd stab them in their back.

Was playing FFA last night, and had a few decent warm up games. 2nd/3rd in a few games without quite winning

Then we got a game in Baleout. Started around the GreenRoom area, and worked my way towards the swimming pool getting 2-3 kills. Got picked off by someone in the room upstairs overlooking the swimming pool. Got respawned underneath the bridge, so figured I'd try to get me some revenge. Ran up the stairs and blasted him with my AA12's.

Figured at this point, I'd hang here for a little while. Went downstairs, and placed a claymore in the burnt section, figuring it'd hide the Claymore a bit. Went back upstairs and picked up his blue bag using Scavenger, and placed another claymore at the top of the stairs. Then went and shot a few guys out the window.

Then the fun started. Boom, claymore goes. Walk down stairs, pick up my blue bag and reset claymore in the same spot. Walk back up stairs. Just gotten around the corner of the staircase when BOOM, claymore goes again. Downstairs, reset, upstairs, BOOM!! Downstairs, reset, upstairs, BOOM!! Downstairs, reset, upstairs, BOOM!! Literally the same 14 year old UK kid kept coming back and getting killed. Then he called out to his mate and the two of them kept running at the room trying to kill me. It was getting to the stage where I didn't have time to get down each time to reset. I was moving to different spots, sometimes upstairs, sometimes downstairs. Not enough time to properly position my harrier, just open the laptop and picked the first spot available.

They were throwing in flashbangs, semtex etc. but I kept avoiding them by being in different positions. It wasn't my intention to stay in that building for so long, or camp as some would call it, but because they kept charging back I didn't have time to leave without running in the open and them picking me off, there was no sense in me moving from the easy kills they were offering, and if I had of moved I'd just have removed my advantage over them and met them on an equal footing. (meh!! Don't like that! LoL)

Anyway, in the end I got a 30-1 win, with I'd say 10 Claymore kills easily :D. Part of me was raging that I didn't have Nuke on, because I think it was a 27-28 killstreak. The first reward I had was UAV, and it didn't help a whole pile.

Needless to say I set it to 7-9-25 the next game, which was Invasion. I got to about 18 kills before my AA12 let me down against a painkiller guy. :mad::( Still won with a 30-2 score mind. :D

Then I had to turn off the 360 and leave that beautiful lobby of non-boosting 14 year olds. :( . That was the closest I've gotten to a nuke before, cause I've hardly ever really tried. I only unlock it after I get to level 60+. But now I'll give it a go again if I'm in a similar lobby of UK kids.

I'm loving the new match making system. I now normally get a 3 bar minimum with regular 4 bars, and play with lots of Irish and UK players. Plus I'm host quite often as well. Before the update, I'd be on 2-3 bars with rarely host, and regularly be up against US players.

So the point of my story is that I'm back fully hooked again with this great game. It isn't my normal tactic, but it was such a laugh seeing them try so hard to revenge kill me that I just rolled with how the game panned out. I spent the next two hours half hearing what people were saying as I thought of kills and possible nukes being missed out on by not being online killing 14 years olds!! LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Was playing FFA last night, and had a few decent warm up games. 2nd/3rd in a few games without quite winning

Then we got a game in Baleout. Started around the GreenRoom area, and worked my way towards the swimming pool getting 2-3 kills. Got picked off by someone in the room upstairs overlooking the swimming pool. Got respawned underneath the bridge, so figured I'd try to get me some revenge. Ran up the stairs and blasted him with my AA12's.

Figured at this point, I'd hang here for a little while. Went downstairs, and placed a claymore in the burnt section, figuring it'd hide the Claymore a bit. Went back upstairs and picked up his blue bag using Scavenger, and placed another claymore at the top of the stairs. Then went and shot a few guys out the window.

Then the fun started. Boom, claymore goes. Walk down stairs, pick up my blue bag and reset claymore in the same spot. Walk back up stairs. Just gotten around the corner of the staircase when BOOM, claymore goes again. Downstairs, reset, upstairs, BOOM!! Downstairs, reset, upstairs, BOOM!! Downstairs, reset, upstairs, BOOM!! Literally the same 14 year old UK kid kept coming back and getting killed. Then he called out to his mate and the two of them kept running at the room trying to kill me. It was getting to the stage where I didn't have time to get down each time to reset. I was moving to different spots, sometimes upstairs, sometimes downstairs. Not enough time to properly position my harrier, just open the laptop and picked the first spot available.

They were throwing in flashbangs, semtex etc. but I kept avoiding them by being in different positions. It wasn't my intention to stay in that building for so long, or camp as some would call it, but because they kept charging back I didn't have time to leave without running in the open and them picking me off, there was no sense in me moving from the easy kills they were offering, and if I had of moved I'd just have removed my advantage over them and met them on an equal footing. (meh!! Don't like that! LoL)

Anyway, in the end I got a 30-1 win, with I'd say 10 Claymore kills easily :D. Part of me was raging that I didn't have Nuke on, because I think it was a 27-28 killstreak. The first reward I had was UAV, and it didn't help a whole pile.

Needless to say I set it to 7-9-25 the next game, which was Invasion. I got to about 18 kills before my AA12 let me down against a painkiller guy. :mad::( Still won with a 30-2 score mind. :D

Then I had to turn off the 360 and leave that beautiful lobby of non-boosting 14 year olds. :( . That was the closest I've gotten to a nuke before, cause I've hardly ever really tried. I only unlock it after I get to level 60+. But now I'll give it a go again if I'm in a similar lobby of UK kids.

I'm loving the new match making system. I now normally get a 3 bar minimum with regular 4 bars, and play with lots of Irish and UK players. Plus I'm host quite often as well. Before the update, I'd be on 2-3 bars with rarely host, and regularly be up against US players.

So the point of my story is that I'm back fully hooked again with this great game. It isn't my normal tactic, but it was such a laugh seeing them try so hard to revenge kill me that I just rolled with how the game panned out. I spent the next two hours half hearing what people were saying as I thought of kills and possible nukes being missed out on by not being online killing 14 years olds!! LoL

A lucky lobby, must find me one of those icon10.gif

Enigma IE wrote: »
    A lucky lobby, must find me one of those icon10.gif

I find they're a lot more frequent since the update with the match making now. But it isn't really luck. I'm begining to think that quite a lot of my deaths before were due to connections, as I'm playing a good bit better since the update. Certainly when I'm on 4 bars I have much better games, and I'm now on 4 bars waaaaay more frequently. So I'm not really playing better, but the connection means i'm now more likely to win shoot-offs, or at least I'm on a level playing field.

Or maybe it was just a lucky lobby...

I'm still beaming from getting my first nuke last night :D

Its wierd how I've been playing the game only about a month but I'm at level 69 going on 70 now, and in some lobbies I'm the highest rated player in there, its scary stuff, dont wanna be killed by a bunch of people who are (supposed to be) "lesser" players, even though most of them still kick my ass :D The other night there was a guy in the lobby who was level 18, but he was crucifiying everyone, I figured he was a prestige player who changed his symbol and callsign back to the basic ones to throw people off, but I stole his class with the deathstreak in one part and it was the basic grenadier one, so i dunno, maybe he's just really good.

claiva wrote: »
    D Sun will Rise 2moro or the next day

some ones telling you porky pies
    I find they're a lot more frequent since the update with the match making now. But it isn't really luck. I'm begining to think that quite a lot of my deaths before were due to connections, as I'm playing a good bit better since the update. Certainly when I'm on 4 bars I have much better games, and I'm now on 4 bars waaaaay more frequently. So I'm not really playing better, but the connection means i'm now more likely to win shoot-offs, or at least I'm on a level playing field.

Or maybe it was just a lucky lobby...

I'm joining your session in progress in future

Shammy wrote: »
    I'm joining your session in progress in future

There goes my 30-1 games!! LoL

• Advertisement

There goes my 30-1 games!! LoL

Its ok , after playing against Brian for the last couple of nights i'm well used to extreme campers :D

Did you know they actually forced me to camp last night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Its ok , after playing against Brian for the last couple of nights i'm well used to extreme campers :D

Did you know they actually forced me to camp last night :eek:

It's not camping, it's tactical warfare positioning... pickup my 2-3 kills and move on. You kept coming back Shammy, am I supposed to NOT kill you?! biggrin.gif

You were using simliar tactics on Terminal last night, top of the escalators, camouflaging yourself in the shrubbery.. shame on you.

It's not camping, it's tactical warfare positioning... pickup my 2-3 kills and move on. You kept coming back Shammy, am I supposed to NOT kill you?! biggrin.gif

No your not supposed to kill me , you should know that by now
    You were using simliar tactics on Terminal last night, top of the escalators, camouflaging yourself in the shrubbery.. shame on you.

You forced me to do it , i felt ashamed ,dirty, i took a shower afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

No your not supposed to kill me , you should know that by now

You forced me to do it , i felt ashamed ,dirty, i took a shower afterwards

Ha ha Classic !!!!
    Shammy, there's no way I'm gonna run n' gun with you on the opposite team !!!

Missus is out again tonight !!!!!
    Woo Hoo !!!!!
    Game on !!!

New matchmaking is way better I find. Usually end up with higher bars than I previously did and hosting often enough as well. I am noticing that the same people keep ending up in my lobbies though. People I don't know and amn't friends with so they aren't just joining session. They must be on an identical ping to me or something because I have noticed 3-4 players who I end up playing with a lot. One of them is a fantastic sniper though so I am getting sniped a lot more too.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    New matchmaking is way better I find. Usually end up with higher bars than I previously did and hosting often enough as well. I am noticing that the same people keep ending up in my lobbies though. People I don't know and amn't friends with so they aren't just joining session. They must be on an identical ping to me or something because I have noticed 3-4 players who I end up playing with a lot. One of them is a fantastic sniper though so I am getting sniped a lot more too.

Yeah, i've noticed that a bit too. Not always a bad thing though.

I'm also using the Avoid/Prefer feature a lot more than I used to. I tend to Avoid Boosters and set the reason to be that they're lacking talent. :D They are that pathetic for boosting, I can see them raging if they ever read that in their profile. LoL

In fairness, we should be heaping huge praise on IW for this because they took serious stick for getting it wrong initially. I think this has now become a strong point of the game.

I'm also using the Avoid/Prefer feature a lot more than I used to. I tend to Avoid Boosters and set the reason to be that they're lacking talent. :D They are that pathetic for boosting, I can see them raging if they ever read that in their profile. LoL

In fairness, we should be heaping huge praise on IW for this because they took serious stick for getting it wrong initially. I think this has now become a strong point of the game.
    Are you on the xbox or ps3? If ps3, how do you do that?

360. No idea whether it's possible on the PS3. :confused:

Avoid for trash talking instead of lacking talent, if there is a lot of bad rep for trash talking or anything in communications it can result in suspension.

He is on the xbox

• Advertisement

Avoid for trash talking instead of lacking talent, if there is a lot of bad rep for trash talking or anything in communications it can result in suspension.

Yeah, but is that actually realistic? As in will it ever happen? I enjoy the thought of the 12 year olds getting p1ssed when they read people avoid them because they are crap at the game. I also always file a complaint for cheating, so probably have the suspension base covered.
    He is on the xbox
    I already said that. Keep up Shammy!!

Advertisement