Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those 'Oh God, I'm an Idiot' moments.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

not so long ago my dog had puppies and when they were all old enough to give away it was hard to find homes for them so my sister said something about a dog home on some website and as she was looking at the website she saw a dog she liked and started to scream and call my ma over and sayiong " look at this dog ma his name is Rehomed muslims must have owned him or something" me and my ma start to laugh and tell her that it is not the dogs name and that it says re-homed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

woke up one friday night at 10:30 and thought oh **** im gonna be late for work, jumped out of bed and got dressed only to remember i dont work on friday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

i thought the same feckin thing! i really thought that people in prison had their own forum to chat in, went in there to have a look and see what they were talking about :o

You went in there to fap to the bad men :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

OutlawPete wrote: »
    You went in there to fap to the bad men :p

:o no! i'm a good girl!

maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Was in Amsterdam once and was with a bunch of people queuing up to go to Ann Franks house and i dont know why must have been something in the air that day but I asked Another person
    "Whats the biggest thing in Ann Franks wardrobe?

"Her living room"

We were told to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

ocokev wrote: »
    Was in Amsterdam once and was with a bunch of people queuing up to go to Ann Franks house and i dont know why must have been something in the air that day but I asked Another person
    "Whats the biggest thing in Ann Franks wardrobe?

"Her living room"

We were told to leave.

I call boll0cks. That joke isn't offensive or good enough to warrant a reaction let alone an eviction.

I was making way more low brow offensive jokes walking through that house, I just didn't let strangers over hear.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

After a night on the drink, I answered the phone to someone and instead of saying hello and the name of the business I work for I said "Jack Daniels and Coke please". Needless to say, the customer said "only in Ireland!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

this morning I spent about 15 mins doing this:
    woke up thinking i was in a rush for a train and thought to myself... "composure"... then woke up and was like.. what in the **** just happened...**** gotta get up to get a train..

over and over again... it was like I was waking up in a dream of a dream of a dream of a dream of a dream...

moral of the story...

... don't sleep sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Posy wrote: »
    I know someone who honestly thought that '9-11' was called that because one of the hijacked planes that was Flight 9-11.

I'll do you one better. A friend of mine was writing about 9-11 in her Leaving Cert English paper, and finished off with "and that's why nobody will ever forget the 25th of September 2001". She got some very confused looks off of people during their exam postmortem, and didn't realise why for quite a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hairyleprechaun

I always do that, or I put the butter in the sink and knife in the fridge. I only really notice it when someone says something afterwards!

I thought I was on me own, it's amazin how absent minded people are sometimes! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I had this skirt that I used to love. It was a 2 layer skirt where the top layer was very breezy and see through and the bottom layer was heavier and protected your modesty.

So the first nice day of spring I am wearing my lovely skirt and this fellow rides by on a bike and is staring at me. I spent about 3 minutes thinking about how great I must look to get such a long stare until I realized that the heavy layer of the skirt was tucked in my underwear and all that was covering me was the see through layer and I had been showing off my legs to everyone.

Was mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Just now I was reading a sheet of paper looking for a specific piece of information on it and just for a second I wanted to hit CTRL+F and search it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Sometimes when I go to pay for something with change in a shop I'll look at the change in my hand for a few seconds and go completely blank. Its like I've forgotten how to count to or something....:o Then I'll rummage around for a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I was just cleaning up for the last hour, tidying the computer room and hoovering the house. Went to use the computer and couldn't find the (wireless) mouse.

I've just spent the last 10 minutes going around the house trying to find the mouse. I eventually dug out an old one and plugged it in to the computer, sat down and looked straight down in front of me on the table what do you think was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

1st year, science class, had a test.
    It had a picture of a retort stand and said to name what it is. Well, I put down "retard stand". Unfortunately, I actually thought that's what they were called. No wonder I was the only one who thought they had funny names:o
    Surprisingly, it was marked correct.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Shouting mum to get a teachers attention. Boy they laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

You know the ones I mean, where you end up thinking "I can't believe I've just done that".

The moment I put the wedding ring on my wifes finger? :pac:Just kiddin :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Was in a science test on the last class of the day on an absolutely sh1t December Tuesday or some other crap day like that back in secondary school. I was starving and I started thinking about what might be on the menu when I got home, probably hoping hoping for a good hearty dinner, few spuds, it was the sort of day for it.

Next week anyway, get the test back and there's a big red question mark over one of the answers. I go to have a look and see that I'm after saying something about neutrons and the potatoes in the nucleus of the cell, instead of protons.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

In school, walked into the toilet and went into the cubicle. Suddenly, I hear a big group of girls coming in. I'm in the girl's bathroom, without realising (I'm male). D'oh! Had to sit there for 30 minutes until the coast was clear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

This is a brilliant thread.. I had my tonsils out on Friday and when I came round from the anasthetic I grabbed at the mask thing on my mouth, whipped it off and started asking what time the christening was at.. >.< Seriously embarrassing since the last thing I remember before going under was saying, "I like pints".

I have a lot of those "idiot" moments though, I think it's because I don't pay enough attention :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Today I walked into the bathroom and, for no reason at all, I put my mobile in the sink. While staring right at it, I turned on the tap. 2 seconds later, I copped on what I was doing and turned off the tap. My phone is now on the radiator!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Just five minutes ago I took a muller yoghurt out of the fridge, peeled the lid off it and then threw the yoghurt and spoon into the bin leaving me with just the lid to eat. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Fago! wrote: »
    Today I walked into the bathroom and, for no reason at all, I put my mobile in the sink. While staring right at it, I turned on the tap. 2 seconds later, I copped on what I was doing and turned off the tap. My phone is now on the radiator!

OMG! Dropped my toothpaste into the toilet in the hospital this morning... forgot about that one.

I find the worst is when you do something stupid, like walk the wrong direction or in the wrong door, but you've gone too far to just switch and back out that you kind of have to keep it up and look like you were meant to do whatever it was.

I've a feeling that post made very little sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

This was done by a friend of mine but it's a classic!
    She was working in a pub as a lounge girl and was taking an order for a round of drinks at a table.
    Friend: "So, what can I get you guys?"
    Lads at table: "2 Guinness, 1 Bud, 1 Heineken and Dave will just have an Orange."
    Friend: "Sorry Dave, we don't serve fruit...."

This was about 8 years ago and we still give her stick about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Excited about going on Safari recently, in response to what I was looking forward to most..."I can't wait to see all the dinosaurs" :o

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Excited about going on Safari recently, in response to what I was looking forward to most..."I can't wait to see all the dinosaurs" :o

Think you might need these more then me:

you need this;

kiddie-leash-backpack.jpg

or this;

straight%20jacket%20cotton%20webbing.gif

Fago! wrote: »
    Think you might need these more then me:

you need this;

kiddie-leash-backpack.jpg

or this;

straight%20jacket%20cotton%20webbing.gif

and no I just need one of these;
    http://www.ipmc.cnrs.fr/~duprat/neurophysiology/images/brain2.jpg

Vinta81 wrote: »

I need one of these!

With all the car stories just remembered this one; I took up Biology as an extra subject for the LC a few years ago and had the class once a week in another school in the evenings. Well there was this utterly fit guy in the class as well, bloody distraction :p So one night was strolling out the door, very dark evening and I crossed the road to see my Dad was actually on time for once, ran up, opened the back door threw my bag in, jumped into the front seat, seat belt on, shoes off (they were new and they hurt) and said "buggar, I need a cup of tea"...cue silence...so only then I turned to my right and it wasn't my dad :eek: This guys face was literally a mix of :confused::eek::pac: it of course had to end up being the fit guys dad :( This guy was just standing on the path like "..."...so i had to scramble out mumbling something about wearing no contacts and trying to get my shoes and door and i ended up smacking my hand in the door and i RAN...to make it worse i RAN away to my actual Dad laughing his arse off :(

For about 3 weeks, every time I got dropped off for the grind I ended up walking down the hill into town and aimlessly walking around the shops and eating mcdonalds :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

today in work i had to get something for a courier in a room that is normally locked so grabbed a key
    There were some people in the room working and i was talking to the courier so on my way out i automatically turned off the light and locked the door :(
    had to go back and unlock the door to see the people sitting in the dark going wtf!!

Advertisement