Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Cross posting this from another forum I'm on:

I just picked up a game called Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox. A role playing game based in space, for those who don't know. Anyway, within in the first few minutes we're introduced to a character called Miranda who, as far as video game characters go, is quite delectable looking:
    270px-Miranda_Character_Box.png

I couldn't help but think that she looks really really familiar though. Very much like a girl I know, or possibly even been with! Then curiosity got the better of me and I googled who voiced her because sometimes we can get lucky and have someone like Mila Kunis (Meg, Family Guy) do voiceovers.

When I find out her name, I realise that I probably haven't been with her or anyone that looks like her because it's actually Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck.

63895.jpg

Bah![/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NotorietyH wrote: »
    More free DLC due tomorrow. New armour and shotgun.

link

Does anyone even use the shotgun? I mean the whole game lends itself to shooting from cover and from range :confused:

On harder settings if they are close enough for you to be able to use the shotgun then you are likely on the way to the load screen.

AdMMM wrote: »

63895.jpg

Bah!
    [/QUOTE]

Who ever was paid to do the post processing / photoshopping on that picture should be shot :eek:

Nice looking girl let down by amateur level of 'shopage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

calex71 wrote: »
    Does anyone even use the shotgun? I mean the whole game lends itself to shooting from cover and from range :confused:

On harder settings if they are close enough for you to be able to use the shotgun then you are likely on the way to the load screen.

It's handy if you're a vanguard and like to charge. I used it quite a bit in some of the narrower corridor sections.

Nice looking girl let down by amateur level of 'shopage

Here ya go (screen grab from Chuck, just good ole fashioned make-up and lights):

yvonne_strahovski_chuck.jpg

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Here ya go (screen grab from Chuck, just good ole fashioned make-up and lights):

yvonne_strahovski_chuck.jpg

That one needs Lady GaGa levels of nose correction :D preferred the badly 'shopped one

That one needs Lady GaGa levels of nose correction :D preferred the badly 'shopped one

Hard man to please. Tell you what, if she ever throws herself at you in the street, send her my way please!

There were a lot of voices in the game that did my head in, trying to work out where I knew them from. (I know the names are at the back of the manual) I should have got Claudia Black straight away as she also did the voice for Morigan in dragon age, and Michael Hogan from Battlestar Galactica as his game character even looks like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,230 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

completed it last night. It is the save I plan to use for ME3 (though i'll play through again when we get some new DLC levels - as a renegade) but i'm not sure about one of the choices I made in particular.
    For Legion's quest, i brainwashed the geth back to being 'good'. Not even sure whether that is paragon or renegade to be honest. My initial thought was that an army of 'good geth' may come in handy in the final showdown, but i'm thinking that might not be an issue and could result in the Quarians getting their asses handed to them once the dust settles.

Also not sure about the Krogen genophage. I didn't destroy the cure information, but I don't think i gave it to anyone either, doesn't seem to have been anyone I could hand it too - Morodin mentioned still having all the data. Is there something that can be done with that, or is it a loose end for ME3?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

completed it last night. It is the save I plan to use for ME3 (though i'll play through again when we get some new DLC levels - as a renegade) but i'm not sure about one of the choices I made in particular.
    For Legion's quest, i brainwashed the geth back to being 'good'. Not even sure whether that is paragon or renegade to be honest. My initial thought was that an army of 'good geth' may come in handy in the final showdown, but i'm thinking that might not be an issue and could result in the Quarians getting their asses handed to them once the dust settles.

Also not sure about the Krogen genophage. I didn't destroy the cure information, but I don't think i gave it to anyone either, doesn't seem to have been anyone I could hand it too - Morodin mentioned still having all the data. Is there something that can be done with that, or is it a loose end for ME3?

I'd say both issues will be resolved in ME3. Should be interesting. In addition to
    the reformed Geth and maybe the renewed Krogan there's also the Rachni (assuming you released the Queen in ME1, and why wouldn't you want to unleash the massive mamma monster bug on the unsuspecting and almost definitely deserving universe?)

I'm kind of hoping for messy consequences. From what I've seen of the Council races, between abandoning the Quarians in their hour of need during the first war against the Geth, wiping out the Rachni and then sterilizing the Krogan en masse, they deserve every plague you can unleash on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm kind of hoping for messy consequences. From what I've seen of the Council races, between abandoning the Quarians in their hour of need during the first war against the Geth, wiping out the Rachni and then sterilizing the Krogan en masse, they deserve every plague you can unleash on them.

Never a truer word spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm wanting to avoid spending 1200 points on the cerberus, don't suppose anyone who downloaded all the content has a spare code no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Cerberus Assault Armour and M22a anti armour shotty are on the Cerberus Network now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Just finished it, why can't Mass Effect 3 be out tomorrow :D

The Cerberus Assault Armour and M22a anti armour shotty are on the Cerberus Network now.

Does anyone else wish they would re-implement the "click to toggle helmet" option? I end up not wearing the armours because I like to see my character's facial expressions and not have to listen to a slightly distorted voice.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Does anyone else wish they would re-implement the "click to toggle helmet" option? I end up not wearing the armours because I like to see my character's facial expressions and not have to listen to a slightly distorted voice.

That and not being able to crouch are my two biggest gripes with this over the first game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

How in Gods name can you get to level 30. Did every scan quest there was. Also, at the end it asks whether you want to continue or import and I just hammered A. How can I import and can I import it to a second playthrough or did I read that wrong

Bubs101 wrote: »
    How in Gods name can you get to level 30. Did every scan quest there was. Also, at the end it asks whether you want to continue or import and I just hammered A. How can I import and can I import it to a second playthrough or did I read that wrong

You can get to around level 26 in one play through. And yes you can use your character again in new game plus mode. You can select a new game and pick your level 26 or what ever character and start the story again to work your way to 30 but you need to buy all you upgrades again though unlike Mass Effect which let you keep all your gear you finish the game with. I take it you didn't play the first one, you had to play it through once to unlock levels 51-60 and it took about 3-4 play throughs to get to 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I got to level 30 on my first playthrough. I did import a level 60 ME1 character though which instantly gives you 5 levels.

I got all my characters loyal and scanned the entire galaxy for sidequests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rizzla wrote: »
    I got to level 30 on my first playthrough. I did import a level 60 ME1 character though which instantly gives you 5 levels.

I got all my characters loyal and scanned the entire galaxy for sidequests.

Same here, got to Level 30 once I went through the relay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Hitting level 30 without importing a level 60 character from ME1 is impossible, and even then you have to do just about every sidequest there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You can get to around level 26 in one play through. And yes you can use your character again in new game plus mode. You can select a new game and pick your level 26 or what ever character and start the story again to work your way to 30 but you need to buy all you upgrades again though unlike Mass Effect which let you keep all your gear you finish the game with. I take it you didn't play the first one, you had to play it through once to unlock levels 51-60 and it took about 3-4 play throughs to get to 60.

Nah I played the first one but never bothered getting all the achievments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

What a great game. Im loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

...you need to buy all you upgrades again though unlike Mass Effect which let you keep all your gear you finish the game with. I take it you didn't play the first one, you had to play it through once to unlock levels 51-60 and it took about 3-4 play throughs to get to 60.

Does this thing with the gear include stuff you downloaded online? My stupid internet has barred me so far from getting my Xbox online; if I want to download things I have to bring my hard-drive and wireless adapter out to my mother's place. I haven't had a chance to get any of the content for ME2, not even the Terminus Armour I got the code for with the game. If I download content like armour and weapons, will that be available only on a single playthrough, or will it always be accessible when I play a new game or start with an entirely new character?

Sorry if this seems like a dense question. The only thing I've downloaded for any game so far is some tracks in Forza, so I'm not sure how the DLC thing actually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finished it last night around 3 30am !! had to get to the end. But now im wondering about playing it again. Should i start again or do the differences not really make a difference untill later on into the game i have quite a few game saves.

Dont think ive time to start again it took 25 hours to finish it the first time and Bioshock 2 just arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

still waiting on my copy..
    play.com finally delivery it yesterday to my brother's house....called out to get it and they were all gone :(

If I download content like armour and weapons, will that be available only on a single playthrough, or will it always be accessible when I play a new game or start with an entirely new character?

Once you have your DLC armour or weapons you can use them any time you want even other accounts on that hard drive can. I don't know if it has to be verified by EA Cerberus Network protection system or not. I would not imagine though as that would be a pain for those with unreliable broadband.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Finished this the other night. Great game but a little too simplifed from ME1. I liked being able to customise armour and weapons - they really dumbed all that down and the levels you land at were relatively small and close-knit. Feck all side missions too if you exclude the party loyalty quests. Would have liked more stumble-upon missions like
    the little stolen credit chip mission on the citadel

Hopefully there's more variety and character customisation in the 3rd one. Some more interesting NPCs would be better too - thought they didn't flesh out the likes of Anderson, A'Ria, and your former companions enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Feck all side missions too if you exclude the party loyalty quests. Would have liked more stumble-upon missions like
    the little stolen credit chip mission on the citadel

There are supposed to be around 20 small missions found by scanning planets, I only bothered doing enough of them to get the cheesement, but they were still quite fun... Could really do with a list of which planets they're started on though, scanning planets did my head in after a while!

One of them in particular has different sections, when you finish one part of it you get a mail telling you where to go for the next part.
    a ship taken over by its slightly psycho AI

Hopefully some more will be added as free DLC, but then again this is EA we're talking about...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

tman wrote: »
    There are supposed to be around 20 small missions found by scanning planets, I only bothered doing enough of them to get the cheesement, but they were still quite fun... Could really do with a list of which planets they're started on though, scanning planets did my head in after a while!

One of them in particular has different sections, when you finish one part of it you get a mail telling you where to go for the next part.
    a ship taken over by its slightly psycho AI

Hopefully some more will be added as free DLC, but then again this is EA we're talking about...
    Yea I came across that one myself tman but do you remember walking around the Citadel in ME1 and almost everyone you spoke to had a side mission attached - the cop and the preaching hanar, the asari 'hooker', the whole C-Sec thing, all the interactions with the council, scanning the keepers, following the rigged gambling machine trail thingy, the asari who was in danger working in the bar etc. - loads of mini missions that you stumbled across by talking to everyone. Your access to the citadel was limited to a few levels with about 3 mini-missions max.

ME1 was a million times more immersive and the characters were much more fleshed out. I actually gave a **** about my team in the first one - this time I didn't give a **** about most of them apart from
    garrus and tali - the originals

Also and a spoiler just in case
    The fact that your interactions with anyone from ME1 were limited and as if you didn't save the whole galaxy together was a bit crappy. Stories barely had anything to do with each other despite it being a sequal.

Advertisement