Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

you should really finish it tbh

Yeah, but she comes up with a temporary solution
    to the infections and such, by basically loading herself up with antibiotics and herbal supplements, so she can lose the suit & mask for a short time.
    Even so, when you hook up,
    the mask comes off, but her face isn't shown onscreen.

All buildup and no payoff. Should have just gone with crazy Jack. Can't imagine she disappoints.
    It depends!
    Renegade with Jack
    is a one night thing she pretty much rapes you.

Paragon
    she feckin cries at one point!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

Started this last night in a flash 2 1/2 hours had passed and i had to go to bed but i was blown away. Very impressive game.

I never finished the first one do i really need to finish it or have i allready ruined the story by starting the 2nd game ?.

The beauty of Mass Effect. If you have finished the first one, the story continues from whatever kind of ending you got. Choices like:
    Who (if anyone) you got it on with
    Who you saved/didn't save on Virmire
    Whether or not you killed Wrex
    Saving the Council or laughing while they burn (Shepard may not laugh, but I did)

and countless others all carry over. So if you have multiple saves, you have multiple starting points. The main plot isn't really affected by these choices, but it can still be fun in the sidequests and such to see what your old decisions caused to happen while you were gone.

I'm not sure, as I just loaded one of my saves, but if you start from scratch, I've heard the game assumes that you
    saved Ashley, killed Wrex, and let the Council die.
    Not sure about other stuff.

From what I've seen of the ending to ME2, your choices this time around are likely to have a much bigger effect. I decided to
    blow up the Collector base and tell the Illusive Man where to go. Kinda regretted it when I saw how many Reapers where on their way.

I'll be playing a few times, as I'd like to have more options when it's time for ME3

It depends!
    Renegade with Jack

Paragon

Yep, definitely shagging Jack next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Did it piss anyone else off about
    who the illusive man was voiced by? :P It took me about half an hour to figure out it was Martin Sheen :rolleyes: I knew the voice, I just couldn't place who it was!

• Advertisement

Lol my mate copped that as soon as he started talking. I know yer one from star gate is in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

There was a vid showing most of the voice actors and he was the first one in it so not too shocking. Other voices that I went "Really???" after playing the game:
    -Carrie Anne Moss is Aria, the Asari who runs omega
    -Michael Dorn (Worf in Star Trek) is the Krogan who opposes Grunt becoming a full Krogan warrior
    -Claudia Black (Stargate and Farscape) is one of the Quarian Admirals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yvonne Straka...whatever (Sarah Walker from 'Chuck') is Miranda.
    Being an MGS nerd, Jennifer Hale is the female Shepard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Arrgh, so many spoilers that I want to read, but won't coz it'll ruin it for when I get it. And I gotta wait till sunday. It's gonna be the longest weekend ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any one else have issue with squad members using powers with out consent?
    I have the option for them to use automatically off.

Jakob is the biggest culprit for me, I'll hit rb to have him use pull only to see he is recharging after using barrier the muppet :mad:

• Advertisement

I let my members do what they wanted, they were never much good, I had a team of 3 snipers for the most part

I let my members do what they wanted, they were never much good, I had a team of 3 snipers for the most part

Ah I was trying to get the cheesement for death by combined biotic powers , and Jakob doing his own thing wasn't helping matters :mad:

Ah yes...it is a simple enough power, him plus miranda, plus yerself if you have biotics and it should take about 2 missions

i was going with pull / warp (thats disgusting :D ) with them.

was kind of doing it as i went along target 1st one of every new encounter of enemies, and was going well till I gained jakob's loyalty and he got barrier after that he just deployed barrier at will. cheesemment popped eventually but he was to relegated to the benches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just finished it last night. Totally blown away by how good it is. Can finally listen to gaming related podcasts again without fear of massive spoilers! Was listening to one this morning and didn't realise...
    Just how different the endings can be. Based on loyalty missions and what upgrades you get on your ship you can either have everyone survive the mission or basically no one as far as I know. I managed to have everyone survive my first playthrough. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out differently in my second and third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It depends!
    Renegade with Jack

Paragon

I'm gonna lez the crap out of her on my renegade playthrough then!:D

Finished it this morning and loved every minute of it, absolutely epic stuff!
    Like the first game, the main story missions were over far too quickly, but this time around I actually gave enough of a crap about the side missions to do them beforehand. Ended up with about 25 hours play and
    every teammate saved
    Feels good to finally be able to read all of the spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Starting my Insanity play through now, its really friggin hard...I am finding it really damn tough.

Never played Insanity in ME1, just Hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

who play the game paragon but picked renegade in the end, was a bit of a stupid choice to make.

the end fight was a bit mess up for me i use the cain H.weapon after taking only a small amount of health from it maybe 5-10% so 90% was left and then won in 1 shot, cut scene kicks in and i had no idea if i had just kill myself or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Starting my Insanity play through now, its really friggin hard...I am finding it really damn tough.

Never played Insanity in ME1, just Hardcore.

In ME2 its much easier to start with a fresh character for the insanity play through than using a new game plus character due to how the game levels up ahead of you. In ME1 the opposite is true you need a high level character for Insanity.

+1 I have a paragon and renegade character from me1 anyway :)

• Advertisement

In ME2 its much easier to start with a fresh character for the insanity play through than using a new game plus character due to how the game levels up ahead of you. In ME1 the opposite is true you need a high level character for Insanity.

Ah crap! Read on the X360A forums that importing a level 30 ME2 character was the way to go...well I am halfway through nearly now, not doing any side missions just Dossiers and main missions...

I don't know if I will do any loyalty missions as in my 1st playthough, all were loyal all survived as result and mightn't bother upgrading the Normandy either, just to see the mission end in failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

if a team member is loyal at the end not sure if they need to be alive when you restart you still get a loyalty power, i have slam now on second play with my solider.

Varik wrote: »
    if a team member is loyal at the end not sure if they need to be alive when you restart you still get a loyalty power, i have slam now on second play with my solider.

All mine survived and I didn't have my loyalty power when I imported my ME2 character, Inferno Grenade I had, and it was gone.

But, for importing an ME2 character, you get to select an extra power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its like the first game, you can select an extra power for certain achievements you unlock and you can apply them to any character from then on once you play the game from your gamercard profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

On the voices in the game there was only I spotted and that was Michael Hogan (Saul Tighe from Battlestar Galactica). He's the cheif C-Sec officer you meet when you go to the citadel. Strange that such big actors are supplying such small parts in the game really

djkeogh wrote: »
    On the voices in the game there was only I spotted and that was Michael Hogan (Saul Tighe from Battlestar Galactica). He's the cheif C-Sec officer you meet when you go to the citadel. Strange that such big actors are supplying such small parts in the game really

You spotted that but you didn't recognise Tricia Helfer as E.D.I? Or Martin Sheen?

Speaking of E.D.I, does anyone else see Joker asking Tali or Legion to build a robot body for his new girlfriend in ME3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Small parts, Adam Baldwin had a smaller role than Michael Hogan didn't he?

And Yvonne Strahovski....well, no reason other than for those who say "who?" I can post a gratuitous picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=104682&stc=1&d=1265642709

Much better pic of her from chuck tbh where he's dreaming and she goes to kill him .

@ Sionna in regards 3, I can see EDI betraying them

Much better pic of her from chuck tbh where he's dreaming and she goes to kill him .

@ Sionna in regards 3, I can see EDI betraying them

I doubt it. They've made too big a joke of the idea. Also, now they've introduced
    the 'good' Geth, and have Joker and EDI getting friendly (she starts calling him Jeff and expresses what seems like genuine concern for his safety once or twice). I think her sudden turnaround would be stretching things a little.

My EDI prediction (slightly more plausible than the Femmebot one):
    The Illusive Man would have programmed EDI to act as his insurance policy in case Sheperd screwed him, which he did in one ending, at any rate. I see EDI overcoming whatever the Illusive Man might have wired her to do, and evolving to full A.I status. But hopefully not doing something hackneyed like offing herself for the sake of the crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

More free DLC due tomorrow. New armour and shotgun.

link

Advertisement