Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Again, (again, again, again, again) it begins... [SU elections]

Options
  • 18-01-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

SU email sez that nominations are now open for this year's SU officer elections. Closing date is 24th January, and campaign season opens on 8th February.

So, who's in the running?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I will posed in this thread when suitably pissed off. I'm hoping to improve upon the threat "My daddies a barrister" this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I hope for the love of God, that the SU disbands itself and makes a moral decision to end this charade and shameless popularity contest. How many ridiculous posters with cretins doing something 'whacky' will I have to endure this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Close the SU, close societies! bah and humbug at you, denerick...

I smiled at the thread title. Which probably means that it's past its sell-by date unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Kinda feel the same Donal, but thats the thing about college. New generations, same sense of humor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mediocrity

We need a Columbine-style massacre in Trinity.

Acadamecially orientated students (as well as the quirky sound people! - they tend to make good leaders) who actually contribute to the institution taking out all the gimp wasters and underperforming saddos who trapse in and out every day and should never have been allowed matriculate in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Mediocrity wrote: »

Find it hard to see the funny side of that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mediocrity

devinejay wrote: »

We could start with some plastic explosives in number 6 :) I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people in the Chemistry Department who are sick to death of the continual ****e the SU and their groupies come out with. I mean you open the TN over your 11's looking for some light-hearted fun and College gossip and what do you get? Pages and pages of ****e that nobody cares about only a bunch of number 6 knob-ends. Frankly, one is better off reading Communications of the ACM than any of the college newspapers these days.

:pac:

Your posts arn't much better. I find your rage pathetic and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Mediocrity banned for a week for trolling. Next one will be permanent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I guess he just Cant abide the SU.

Dónal wrote: »
    I smiled at the thread title. Which probably means that it's past its sell-by date unfortunately.
    He's actually missing one "again".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Pet wrote: »
    He's actually missing one "again".
    Consarnit...

gearoidof wrote: »
    Close the SU, close societies! bah and humbug at you, denerick...

Why is it when somebody suggests that the SU is a popularity contest, they automatically assume the position of some far right wing pensioner? The SU has long exceeded its brief and it propagates the disturbing lack of wit in 21st century discourse. Are we really going to have to endure Jason Byrne wannabe's making speeches before lectures again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Mediocrity wrote: »

In these times of increasing fear, decreasing freedom and ridiculously over-reacting authorities such a comment could land it's utterer in a lot of trouble (ok, so they most likely wouldn't get punished, but they could end up the subject of a serious police interrogation.). It's happened before for much less, maybe not in ireland but most of our media does not come from ireland (especially concering idiotic over-reactions by authorities). Add to this the fact that unlike terrorists with political goals, the pyschology of a school shooter is such that they could actually announce their plans on the internet beforehand.

It's not really a "haha funny" thing, but more of a "did he just say that? haha what a rascal" type thing.

vinylmesh wrote: »
    In these times of increasing fear, decreasing freedom and ridiculously over-reacting authorities such a comment could land it's utterer in a lot of trouble (ok, so they most likely wouldn't get punished, but they could end up the subject of a serious police interrogation.). It's happened before for much less, maybe not in ireland but most of our media does not come from ireland (especially concering idiotic over-reactions by authorities). Add to this the fact that unlike terrorists with political goals, the pyschology of a school shooter is such that they could actually announce their plans on the internet beforehand.

It's not really a "haha funny" thing, but more of a "did he just say that? haha what a rascal" type thing.

No, its not. I'm sure he doesn't plan to kill a load of students but it was an epic phail if his intention was to arouse a strong reaction.

Denerick wrote: »
    No, its not. I'm sure he doesn't plan to kill a load of students but it was an epic phail if his intention was to arouse a strong reaction.

Well the post immediately below his contains the offense he seeks (if it was just your standard poor joke it would be ignored).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭the_law

Denerick wrote: »
    Why is it when somebody suggests that the SU is a popularity contest, they automatically assume the position of some far right wing pensioner?

My favourite response when people criticised elections for being 'simply a popularity contest' is that surely in an election the most popular person should win, and I would be interested to know what other means of choosing leaders they proposed!

Speaking of societies and elections, the fact that Anarchist society hold democratic elections for their leadership always amuses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 replaylite

Serious Candidatess appear to be

President:

Declan Harmon
    Fearghal Hughes
    Nikolai Trigoub-Rotnem

Dep President:

Tom Lowe

Education:

Jen Fox

Welfare:

Cormac Cashman(re running)

Ents:

Darragh Genockey
    Keith Florea

AAAARRRRRGH. There was a large crowd outside house 6 this evening, among that crowd were all the people I know to be out and out hacks (seriously they were all there in one place wtf?). If the candidates didn't all have their peons harrassing people as they try to go abou their day, perhaps i wouldn't hate the whole thing so much.

If it gets bad enough, this year I may actually go the whole hog and soil my vote :D.

• Advertisement

What do you mean this year, aren't you a first year?

Will be paying a bit more attention this year as a mate of mine is running as the joke candidate. Should be interesting!

Boston wrote: »

haha nice try.... I do believe I've said several times that I'm in 3rd year, especially in the science threads. Regardless, if i wasn't in trinity at the time, explain this;

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055526500&highlight=hamilton+jacks
    Will be paying a bit more attention this year as a mate of mine is running as the joke candidate. Should be interesting!

Does that happen to be Conor O'Toole?

Does that happen to be Conor O'Toole?

No, Dan Reilly!

No, Dan Reilly!

Does he need any help with his postering campaign? I have some ideas......

attachment.php?attachmentid=103566&stc=1&d=1264526094

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Boston wrote: »
    Ouch.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Alex_Jones

Does he need any help with his postering campaign? I have some ideas......

attachment.php?attachmentid=103566&stc=1&d=1264526094

What about the free jonnies? And don't forget the gays and their need to lubricate against the grain of nature...

Forget academia. Wallow in a world of fornication for 4 years.

Forget academia. Wallow in a world of fornication for 4 years.

UCDD's new slogan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Alex_Jones wrote: »
    And don't forget the gays and their need to lubricate against the grain of nature...
    lmao!

files under things I'll repeat and pretend I made up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I'd give Nicolai my vote. Sound chap.

And a guy from Duams (durns) is running for ents. so it would nice to see a non-wanker as ents.

Advertisement