Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Judging by his comments on the PW facebook page thread, he doesn't have a facebook account. Anyone have an email for him that they can contact him on?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sorry folks this is my first time on Boards since Hackgate. Thought at one point I might not have access to this account again.

I'll make my pick soon and well doen to everyone for keeping things rolling after that unfortunate situation.

JOY :)

Welcome back mate and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

wahey! back on track.

Good choice with Cena. I think like Hogan he's another that suffers from people voting with smark knowledge. He has some tremendous skills that are often overlooked because of his almighty push.

His return to WWE at the Royal Rumble in 08 proved just how much wrestling fans like him, inspite of themselves. (or ourselves)

wahey! back on track.

Good choice with Cena. I think like Hogan he's another that suffers from people voting with smark knowledge. He has some tremendous skills that are often overlooked because of his almighty push.

His return to WWE at the Royal Rumble in 08 proved just how much wrestling fans like him, inspite of themselves. (or ourselves)
    +1

Interested to see what gimmick you give him. If I know you at all MNG (which I don't :pac:) I would not expect you to take the easy way out and leave him the way he is now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i knew you'd pick Cena. Damn. I'll make no secret of the fact he'd be mine.

ah well.

on to plan B...

it'll be up in a bit.

I assume flahavaj is having difficulties too. He's not been on since the meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I have to admit I've always had a problem seeing the Bulldogs as a first round pick. I know they were great wrestlers, but I don't think either ever reached a level in the states where they could sell a ppv.

Also, the two men seem to have been as*h*les and such bullies that they'd make JBL look like the sweetest guy in the showers.

I have to admit I've always had a problem seeing the Bulldogs as a first round pick. I know they were great wrestlers, but I don't think either ever reached a level in the states where they could sell a ppv.

i understand that point of view.

but i'm going for something a bit different, and am looking to sell my PPV on other things like storytelling and match quality. Dynamite Kid, in particular, in terms of match quality, is in the very, very top tier.

as i said in the picks thread, i'm taking a risk that i get a decent draw in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Good to be back up and running.

Slick, i like your pick in terms of wrestling ability and you did me a favour. I've now got three picks on my short list with two people before me. I'll have a decent main eventer for number 19 on the list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'll get in touch with Flahavaj and make his pick for him, he's in New York and presumed destroyed drunk

i've got one or 2 in mind that i'll just be shocked if they make it to next round.

there could be some real coups at the start of the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've got one or 2 in mind that i'll just be shocked if they make it to next round.

there could be some real coups at the start of the next round.

1 or 2 big names will slip through the net for sure id reckon..

1 or 2 big names will slip through the net for sure id reckon..

i took the risk, thinking The Bulldogs wouldn't make it through. it was just my gut instinct.

i may regret that, but it may be inspired depending on who i can get my hands on in the next couple of rounds.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i took the risk, thinking The Bulldogs wouldn't make it through. it was just my gut instinct.

i may regret that, but it may be inspired depending on who i can get my hands on in the next couple of rounds.

I did the same thing with Danielson dude, at the end of the day its the people who take the risks who have the best rosters imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I took a big risk by not picking some guys I really want for some storylines I have in mind and hoping they wont get picked over the next few rounds. Means my roster is going to be super, right? :P

Great to have this rolling again too.

Mick Foley's a decent pick.

i don't know if he's the draw of some of the other big names, but definitely one of the bigger ones left.

i'm still shocked that 2 in particular have not gone yet; bigger draws and wrestlers than many picked already (including mine), so they are 2 i thought would have gone earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Round 2 should be interesting some big names left I really hope my next pick survives as he is clinical to my card

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Yet again in case anybody missed it I am pingu, just picked Sting there,

Very surprised flahavaj picked that tramp Foley.

What are the rules regarding tag teams?

Hey pingi as far as I kow you cant have a Tag team with a former or current world champ in them i.e d/x or hart foundation or DINGO WARRIORS, was that they way you were going to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

campo wrote: »
    Hey pingi as far as I kow you cant have a Tag team with a former or current world champ in them i.e d/x or hart foundation or DINGO WARRIORS, was that they way you were going to go

Say if I picked for example head cheese, could I use Steve Blackman and Al Snow separately or would they have to be a team when I make the card?

Pingi wrote: »
    Say if I picked for example head cheese, could I use Steve Blackman and Al Snow separately or would they have to be a team when I make the card?

I think its up to you whatever way you use them on the final card..
    Great first pick in Stinger by the way.

i picked Sting first last year, and was very tempted to again, before i swerved.

he draws, can wrestle, has a great gimmick.

he can literally do it all.

he's one of the two i was shocked hadn't been taken yet.

Its looking good for this round to be over by the end of today..:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just made my pick, Randy Orton. Great heel to have on my show. One more pick and the first round is finished

Just made my pick, Randy Orton. Great heel to have on my show. One more pick and the first round is finished

Great choice Spongey thats the guy i was hoping i might sneak in the next round:pac:

Only 1 person left to pick and then round 2
    in the 2nd round now do I still get 10th pick or is that done over each round

We'll all get random numbers again dude..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There's some very big names going into the second round. I've a few names down that I wouldnt mind getting now. Here's hoping we'll get another nice early draw in round 2 :)

• Advertisement

NICE , I have a list of about 7 that I would like to pick so hopefully I will get between 1 and 7 in next round and defo get one of them

Advertisement