Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Do you not remember WCW on a Saturday Afternoon on ITV/UTV in the very early 90s?

I have vague memories about WCW but i was...around 7 at the time but i didn't like the look of the set in general, the wrestlers too. I thought it was a poor man's WWF (which looked awesome and had tons of jakked giants with fantastic characters and talent) ....didn't warm to Steamboat, Flair, Sting or whoever else might've been there!

(I still think it looks poor lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I have vague memories about WCW but i was...around 7 at the time but i didn't like the look of the set in general, the wrestlers too. I thought it was a poor man's WWF (which looked awesome and had tons of jakked giants with fantastic characters and talent) ....didn't warm to Steamboat, Flair, Sting or whoever else might've been there!

(I still think it looks poor lol)

Yeah that was still the days of crappy arenas and such, before Bishoff took over and moved them to Disney MGM studios.. The WWF Superstars show would have been far superior at the time. Nitro used to be TNT aswell as ITV, which was the channel that aired after The Childrens Channel on satelite back in the day, very vaguely remember seeing a few episodes when i was a kid

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I might have missed this conversation before but I assume there is still going to be a round when Pre-1970's picks are eligable and another for Celebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Ya, its in the opening post.

Has someone pmd campo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hey got no PM but does this mean im in

• Advertisement

Yes, make your pick, and make sure to keep an eye on the board. This game usually lasts approx 10-12 weeks.

thanks Gimmick quick question how do I know who has been picked already and do I pm you my pick

There is a picks thread. Read the rules before yuor pick as well on the first page on this thread.

Cheers up and running now

Nice one. Try and put a pic of your choice up as well. Makes the thread look better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Some users might find these sites useful for getting pictures / title lists / etc for their choices:

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/index2.html

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/bios/

Good pick Campo.

perfect will use those sites in future I was actually suprised my pick was not gone yet , He would have been my no.1 anyway hoping my next pick will still be there in next round

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Happy enough with my pick although he wasn't in my first few choices. With a decent draw in the second round I'm sure I'll be fine :)

Question regarding our own role in the storylines. I know last year some people (myself included) drafted someone to be general manager but is it acceptable to take that role on myself within the storylines or must I draft someone to do that for me?

Well theres my pick done. An obvious choice after Angle was already selected..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

2 really good picks there.

124f329.jpg

This is the official brand logo of my show. If anyone wants me to make them one don't hesitate to ask. It's a Friday night and I've got no plans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Danielson is not an obvious choice and I still think he's a bad first pick. The guys drawn nothing in his career and there are more talented wrestlers left who are at least on par with Danielson in the ring and probably better but have actually drawn

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Danielson is not an obvious choice and I still think he's a bad first pick. The guys drawn nothing in his career and there are more talented wrestlers left who are at least on par with Danielson in the ring and probably better but have actually drawn
    Would agree with you there, he probably would've been available in round 2

Voltwad wrote: »
    Would agree with you there, he probably would've been available in round 2

I forgot I was next so i didn't want to give away my plans in the above post but I don't see how you could pick Danielson over Benoit and a few others left who are better than him in the ring and have actually done something worthwhile with their careers. ROH might seem like the base of great wrestling now but it's got nothing on the stuff WWE was doing with the Smackdown 6, WCW cruiserweights and the Super j cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

My promotion has just been rated R. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,114 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i think i know who Mr. Nice Guy will pick, purely because i just have a feeling i'm going to get screwed, not because i can read his mind. and with my heart set on someone, i might actually be a little bummed to lose out.

i'm giving you a lot of power here MNG!

i do have a 2nd choice, an excellent one imo, but you know how it is. you get an idea and you don't want to let it go.

and by the way, people have been left out of the top 14 picks that I'm absolutely flabbergasted at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Four picks to go before me and i've four left on my shortlist. What are the odds of them all being gone before i get my turn.

Four picks to go before me and i've four left on my shortlist. What are the odds of them all being gone before i get my turn.
    Very likely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i could almost pick the next three anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I was half hoping Danielson would be around in the 2nd round. Very suprised he went this early, given some of the hugh names not picked yet. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Hey its Pingu_girl my old account was attached to an email address I had years and years ago so I cant get the new password.

Pingi wrote: »
    Hey its Pingu_girl my old account was attached to an email address I had years and years ago so I cant get the new password.

You need more than one post. Back to F4W with you

I forgot I was next so i didn't want to give away my plans in the above post but I don't see how you could pick Danielson over Benoit and a few others left who are better than him in the ring and have actually done something worthwhile with their careers. ROH might seem like the base of great wrestling now but it's got nothing on the stuff WWE was doing with the Smackdown 6, WCW cruiserweights and the Super j cup

danielson vs a guy who murdered his family.. sorry to be blunt but yeah obvious choice to me

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Pingi wrote: »
    You need more than one post. Back to F4W with you

Cactus Col here ... I'm in the same boat as Ping_girl. Don't have access to the old email address I signed up here with. If it wasn't for the draft I wouldn't be too bothered about identifying myself .... but wouldn't want to miss out on any picks (or miss out completely on the rest of the draft).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

danielson vs a guy who murdered his family.. sorry to be blunt but yeah obvious choice to me

Or a guy who won the world title in the main event of Wrestlemania at Madison Square Garden vs a guy who won the roh title in front of 800 people. Ya can look at it either way

Advertisement