Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

awesome pick.. im sweatin it now lads..

You're down to 2 choices now?? I can't wait to see who you picked.

7 picks in and some of the big guys have gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

You're down to 2 choices now?? I can't wait to see who you picked.

7 picks in and some of the big guys have gone

im completely torn dude, ive got the sneaky one, or a great one, and a good back up hopefully:o;)

Cactus, good pic with Flair. That pic have me a bit of a fright when I first saw it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Cactus, good pic with Flair. That pic have me a bit of a fright when I first saw it:)

Cheers, chuffed I was able to get him. Had him as a manager last year (in order to sabotage other people's rosters) so nice to have him as a wrestler this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That was one of last years best picks actually. Everyone was wanting him in the pre 1975 round :D

• Advertisement

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Cheers, chuffed I was able to get him. Had him as a manager last year (in order to sabotage other people's rosters) so nice to have him as a wrestler this time.

awesome choice man.. thats so good, it should have been mine:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Always surprises me that Flair isn't in the top 2 or 3 picked in these things to be honest.

As someone else said its nearly a blessing being way down the list as the usual suspects will be gone and the decision is practically made for you. Got some little beauts lined up already here and the seeds of some savage storylines but at this early stage its kinda silly to have picks planned, the draw is all-important.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    Always surprises me that Flair isn't in the top 2 or 3 picked in these things to be honest.

i dunno, Ireland didn't get WCW or NWA for the most part so I reckon most people (here) only saw Flair's WCW/NWA stuff retrospectively...i'm sure i'd like him more if I lived through his best days...got some great wrestlers in mind but they'll prob be gone by my next pick!

things are heating up i'm liking this draft!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i dunno, Ireland didn't get WCW or NWA for the most part so I reckon most people (here) only saw Flair's WCW/NWA stuff retrospectively...i'm sure i'd like him more if I lived through his best days...got some great wrestlers in mind but they'll prob be gone by my next pick!

Do you not remember WCW on a Saturday Afternoon on ITV/UTV in the very early 90s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jaykhunter wrote: »

Haha, give it a few weeks and it will be dominating your thoughts, and you will be getting genuinely peed off with other players for taking your picks etc :)

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Haha, give it a few weeks and it will be dominating your thoughts, and you will be getting genuinely peed off with other players for taking your picks etc :)

That's begining to happen with me already. I'm praying no-one takes the tag-team I want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Do you not remember WCW on a Saturday Afternoon on ITV/UTV in the very early 90s?

I do but it's fair to say that if you ask the casual wrestling fan in Ireland about their first experience of wrestling, at least 90% will be a WWE memory.

I do but it's fair to say that if you ask the casual wrestling fan in Ireland about their first experience of wrestling, at least 90% will be a WWE memory.

Very true, maybe 5-10% might say World of Sport, id love to say my first wasnt, but it was WWF in 1989 when i was 5 watching Ricky Steamboat, when he had his literal Dragon gimmick, shooting fire on his way to the ring, i never forgot that image!!,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Made my 1st pick :)

Damn you Furious-Red. Was hoping he would've slipped through the 1st round

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Damn you Furious-Red. Was hoping he would've slipped through the 1st round

Ha i have a few ideas for him and hope to get a few opponents for him as the draft goes on

Well there goes my next choice, banking on just two now..:o
    Hope Campo doesnt take too long, think the stress might be too much for me!

And I know 1 of your picks:D:D:););)

And I know 1 of your picks:D:D:););)

Think it'll be the wildcard.. circumstances permitting..... or unless i bottle it!;)

Hope Campo doesnt take too long, think the stress might be too much for me!

Best policy I find is count the number of people still to pick and make a shortlist of picks the same length. The you can't be disappointed. i've already got my list made up and I'd be happy with any of them.

Also lads would it be a good idea to PM the next guy on the list once you've made your pick as a reminder they're up next? Maybe gimmick or BH could add it to the opening post or rules or something?

• Advertisement

Also lads would it be a good idea to PM the next guy on the list once you've made your pick as a reminder they're up next? Maybe gimmick or BH could add it to the opening post or rules or something?

Great idea as always, Fla. It'll speed this up

Does campo even know they he/she is now a part if the game I wonder? Also are people who participated last year going to pick people they chose last year again or try and go for totally new rosters? Might try and wipe the slate clean myself again just for my own interest.

Does campo even know they he/she is now a part if the game I wonder? Also are people who participated last year going to pick people they chose last year again or try and go for totally new rosters? Might try and wipe the slate clean myself again just for my own interest.

very doubtful tbh, havent noticed Campo being in the forum today at all,surely they'd be checking up on the progress

Well, campo has until 10pm tomorrow night to make a pick (24 hour rule)

Well, campo has until 10pm tomorrow night to make a pick (24 hour rule)

Arra delays like this would break your heart.:(

True, it's long and boring but the rule is there for a reason. campo hasn't been online since 5

This is gonna keep me up all night lads:(:(

This is gonna keep me up all night lads:(:(

You'll end up like this then:)

sleep.jpg

or even this!

insomnia1.jpg

• Advertisement