Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

copaceptic, you in the Ticknock area?

Min wrote: »
    Talking a load of rubbish on TV3.
    Glad I decided to give it a miss!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

MCMLXXV wrote: »

a bit higher, off enniskerry road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've been trying to access the table for the last hour or so. It's down for me.

I can't believe my eyes, heavy snow within the M50 today. And I've heard a couple of reports of friends, some phenomenal amount of snow in the likes of parts of Kilkenny. The likes of a foot or so of snow. Drifting higher.

Any reports of those living in the north midlands or Louth or Meath as to what this front is doing right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sat reception gone again

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

This has certainly been a snowfall by elevation event more so than a snowfall by region, but the rain-snow elevation line is probably going to drop almost to sea level in the east before it's all done.

M.T. it was blizarding snow here for hours at sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

I'm in ticknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

inabina wrote: »
    gerry fleming is the man keeping the programme aflot. the rest is complete crap. that presenter is useless.

I'm a farmer, he says farmers and people who live close to nature see the results of climate change.

Yes, but it doesn't mean it has to be man made and I think Gerald Fleming was indicating that it is, they never mentioned we are entering a global cooling period and winters like now should be fairly common.....

copacetic wrote: »
    a bit higher, off enniskerry road.

Gathered you were local! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snow has turn back to mostly rain with just the odd flake. :mad:

• Advertisement

stebishop wrote: »
    I'm in ticknock

Ditto dude! ;)

No offense to Dubliners, but I hope the 9'o'clock news doesn't focus on snow in Dublin.

Dublin's roads look good, several inches on it here.

The poor south west, looks miserable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I'm a farmer, he says farmers and people who live close to nature see the results of climate change.

Yes, but it doesn't mean it has to be man made and I think Gerald Fleming was indicating that it is, they never mentioned we are entering a global cooling period and winters like now should be fairly common.....

They could not even talk of the cold snap without climate change taking over the whole story. I think Gerard Flemming made a few good points in trying to separating weather from climate. After all, all climate really is just a collection of stats, it is not something tangible.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

Ditto dude! ;)

Oldfield Hall by any chance?
    Hopefully we won't be able to get out in the morning!

Still snowing here, will this precip keep up all night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Anyone know if that front - aside from the main section that is moving N. Eastwards - could pick up more precip from the Atlantic and drop it on the West Coast tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

snow got heavier here :D snows since 11am I think (but wasn't really sticking)

Adrian Lydon should have got some headgear.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Jean has lovely false eyelashes on tonight too :P

STILL no snow here and I said earlier that if it hadn't arrived by 8 or 9 then I was absolutly falling out with the weather! So that's it - me and the weather are finished. I'm huffing :mad:. All I have is wind. No rain sleet hail or snow. Just wind. Meh wind too not like major wind like.

(this rant/reverse psychology should do the trick - it's bound to start snowing soon. Muah ha ha ha haaaa!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

he looked like he has been hosed down! crazy...surely they can manage to keep his face dry for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

likes of parts of Kilkenny. The likes of a foot or so of snow. Drifting higher.

Any reports of those living in the north midlands or Louth or Meath as to what this front is doing right now?

Drizzling in Dundalk. Drizzly snizzle. :rolleyes:

They could not even talk of the cold snap without climate change taking over the whole story. I think Gerard Flemming made a few good points in trying to separating weather from climate. After all, all climate really is just a collection of stats, it is not something tangible.

True.

It was funny the other guy talking about stopping temperatures rising by another 2 degrees celcius in a program about freezing weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Should have asked Paul for His !:D

n240592949010_8613.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Doesn't look like we are going to get our .5/1c change.

Such a waste of precip!

stebishop wrote: »
    Oldfield Hall by any chance?
    Hopefully we won't be able to get out in the morning!

Still snowing here, will this precip keep up all night?

Blackthorn Hall, hope it keeps on coming hard and strong. Cars having difficulty since I got home round six!

inabina wrote: »
    he looked like he has been hosed down! crazy...surely they can manage to keep his face dry for a minute

Paul Reynolds had an umbrella, Mr Lydon must have got very hot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Friend in ballinteer (right beside the dundrum shopping centre) has 2.5"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

I live in Glencullen and it is ridiculous! It has been like a blizzard since half 2 and isnt stopping anytime soon. Well over a foot of snow now! Definitely wont be getting out in the morning. Roads all compact snow and cars abandoned everywhere!! very dangerous out there.

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like we are going to get our .5/1c change.

Such a waste of precip!

It's a long night.

Advertisement