Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

There are two stations in Howth showing different dew points, one is 0.6 and one is 2.0, which one is to be believed?
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ohhh a salter just went by it must mean its going to snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Davo D wrote: »
    There are two stations in Howth showing different dew points, one is 0.6 and one is 2.0, which one is to be believed?
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

one is located at an altitude, you can see it during the day because it has a webcam

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Slight rise in temps here 0.8c DP 0.8c. Has turned more to sleety snow. Still coming down in buckets. Everything covered in snow/slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Getting warm out at sea off the south coast

M3 = 11.00c

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Where are you? Thanks

4 miles east of Tuam (Choo-am).

Some heavy precipitation showing up on the radar for around here but probably won't last too much longer as it looks to be moving NNE and Galway/Clare seem to be clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

good stuff paddy1. perhaps you should put some snowballs in the freezer to keep you going if we get a prolonged period of mild weather. afterall there is nothing quite like pegging snowballs at friends in the middle of may:pac:

Ha ha! Only Nacho could come up with an idea like that...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

anyone know when this rain will clear Waterford??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

owenc wrote: »
    ohhh a salter just went by it must mean its going to snow!

Havent seen one of those since before christmas!

Sleety stuff starting to settle here on cars and paths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still raining here quite heavy at times, not a hint of sleet all day.. im just amazed ive had to luck to miss out on snowfall 4 times this winter while 10 miles down the road towards Dublin is being pounded by snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Slight rise in temps here 0.8c DP 0.8c. Has turned more to sleety snow. Still coming down in buckets. Everything covered in snow/slush.

Still pure snow up the hill from ya DOC! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Still pelting snow here, temp 0.2C. A large dumping at this stage and roads in my estate are LETHAL. i turned a corner and slid direct into a curb and gave my wheel a serious wallop. everything white and snow is deep. but wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

homolumo wrote: »
    anyone know when this rain will clear Waterford??

Not till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Just spoke to the wife back home in Navan said there's snow falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

really awful cheap show on TV3 about the weather and emergency planning! complete talking shop!

snaps wrote: »
    Havent seen one of those since before christmas!

Hows the Ballinrobe snow shield holding up Snaps? surely you must be seeing something be now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

omg! all i can do is laugh at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

It is?? I'm in the town and only rain

Gonzo wrote: »
    omg! all i can do is laugh at this stage.

now she said it wasnt sticking but it was snow, it does suck though dublin got harrmered on Sat and meath got nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

when will this rain stop, its been raining constantly since about 11am, not even sleet, very disappointing:( at this stage i dont care if it doesnt snow any more, like others i've been disappointed to ofter:mad:

arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Hows the Ballinrobe snow shield holding up Snaps? surely you must be seeing something be now?

The shield failed, just as the metE radar showed it was clearing the S Mayo area, it came down in buckets and is still coming down. Car has a nice covering on it! Can hear it coming down the chimney onto the fire!

Well we live in Ardbraccan about 8km outside navan on the kells road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

12'' of snow here now. 30cm. And still snowing. +0.4c

Must be 1M on Lug now at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gombeenland

I see someone put footage of the emergency snow meetings on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

Wind picking up a bit again in Dungannon. Temps look to be ok (i think :confused:) but nothing falling yet....hopefully wont be too long til something falls from the sky.
    Will keep you posted Owen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Mullingar and Gurteen (Tipp.) both reporting ice pellets at 8pm. I think that explains what we have here, a kind of icy slush has formed on the roads with this wet sleety ice falling. You couldn't call it snow for sure. Roads are very slippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

arctictree wrote: »

The mountain boys boasting again I see ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

arctictree wrote: »

Wow, was your journey home tough?

Mad what a mere 1c can do.

• Advertisement

Snow intensity picking up a little. One big white whirl out there now. Not sticking as much as I would like but still great to watch.

Advertisement