Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

sdonn wrote: »
    Christ if that snow for Sunday came off as Sky seem to think I'd be ecstatic! :D
    she said the snow 'could move perhaps also to the republic of ireland'

Don't be putting deposits on skis yet lads. Sky News weather is notoriously crap at medium range, never mind long range

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

If that Sky News forecast turns out to be true the East of Ireland would shut down. - have to wait and see Sky News forecasts is usually highly inaccturate for anything futher than 3 hours ahead:)

No more snow for dublin,.Eggo said so on the rte forecast:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

She's gorgeous :o

The Graphic for Sunday or Lisa or both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Gonzo wrote: »
    If that Sky News forecast turns out to be true the East of Ireland would shut down. - have to wait and see Sky News forecasts is usually highly inaccturate for anything futher than 3 hours ahead:)

Here's for a shut down!!! Gonzo, what do you reckon for our area tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

is this so called polar low coming tonight! hurray maybe get a day off would be first day off because of snow! never gonna happen though!

temp is -4.7c here already hoping it will get to around -8c or -7c before any cloud comes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Let us start a club! For the stranded...

My third week here; and I am trying to forget my one attempt as it has broken my nerve for trying again. Waking nightmares about the skidding and getting stuck out there.

best wishes to your father...

gothwalk wrote: »
    My father is in the hills near Bunclody. He has about 4, 5 inches, and is snowed in at this stage. He's not expecting to get out for at least a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

jimmay wrote: »
    I think its gas, a bit of bad weather and the entire country nearly shuts down. You'd think it was a blizzard here or something. Im on the northside of Dublin (supposedly one of the worst hit areas) right beside the coast in Raheny and there was no proper snow stuck, not enough to make a pea sized snowball!.

I mean judging by the reports it sounds like inches and inches fell. How many inches have been recorded at Dublin Airport?

Tons of snow all over Dublin - up to inch inches of fresh stuff in some low lying areas like Clonsilla, Castleknock and Blanc etc. You are on the seaboard hence a lot less sticks and falls for that matter.:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

dfbemt wrote: »
    What do the experts make of the 45 degree line out to the West?

What does that mean for us?

It means '' precipeitation (mm) at 6 oclock with a risk of snow''

My french is quite impressive!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

photo.php?pid=3345629&id=519909505&fbid=234704824505

leixlip waterfall

EDIT: pic is on facebook and tried to host it here.will that not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    she said the snow 'could move perhaps also to the republic of ireland'

Don't be putting deposits on skis yet lads. Sky News weather is notoriously crap at medium range, never mind long range

BBC showed similar graphics for Sunday evening and there is support from the models ( Skys graphics are only a skin on the models anyway ).

Long way off though.

Meanwhile, the west and southwest could get a serious pasting tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fine; please keep it in Leitrim..
    ;)
    eskimocat wrote: »
    Hands off :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

The latest UKMO Fax Chart at T+72, shows an organised area of snowfall spreading Westwards from Central Britain, it also has a frontal system moving up from the Continent towards Southern England, which is expected to spread Westwards in the general Easterly flow. This is the current snow potential that is being discussed.

Renewed Snow Showers are almost a given with the setup being modelled - ''Deep cold pool over a body of open water''.. However, it is the more organised event that is still very uncertain.

ECMWF just about manages to avoid a breakdown in the Cold Spell, with continuous blocking and southerly tracking lows throughout. I have to check the 850mb temperatures in a while, however at T+144, the approach of that low is very favourable for sustaining cold. Notice the ''delfection'' in the angle of approach, as it comes up against a very cold block of air in situ over the UK & Ireland, with a slight easterly flow again at T+168.

fax72s.gif

SA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

sod the snow, whats her number, shes a bit of all right aint she:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Here's for a shut down!!! Gonzo, what do you reckon for our area tonight?

dry, clear and very cold, no more snow threat till saturday in Meath.

did you get much snow in Navan today?

Any of the charts will tell you that there will be renewed heavy snowfall for the East on Friday Saturday and Sunday and maybe monday. Mostly sleety rain and wet snow for the West tomorrow.:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

206 pages. ye fuppers really like ye're snow! got one pissy shower here in east clare yesterday. thats been it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

He said on the 6 forecast that this polar low could come down the centre of the country from the north but at the moment that its not looking likely.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

and she originally came from a mile out the road from me! aaahhhhhh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

ffarrell wrote: »
    Delighted for the Children. I really am. I did not think it would ever snow down there.
    Neither did I, the children are loving it.

Jake1 wrote: »
    No more snow for dublin,.Eggo said so on the rte forecast:)

Not tonight but plenty more from Friday onwards!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Well i'm off to have sex in the snow. I'll tell you how deep it is when i come back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

df1985 wrote: »
    photo.php?pid=3345629&id=519909505&fbid=234704824505

leixlip waterfall

EDIT: pic is on facebook and tried to host it here.will that not work?

Just copy the pic to your desktop then upload it here

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Well i'm off to have sex in the snow. I'll tell you how deep it is when i come back.

Snowballs wha? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Careful now! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Snowman10 wrote: »
    and she originally came from a mile out the road from me! aaahhhhhh :rolleyes:

Maybe thats why she left.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bren Jacob

And then some, shes a stunner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Maybe thats why she left.:eek:
    Nah she'd be all over me, she just hasn't met me yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Bond-007 wrote: »
    No mention of the Sunday snow event form the Eagle.

no he didnt really did he. He mentioned showers on the east coast due to the renewed easterlies, but nothing close to that forecast on sky...wow that would be good!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement