Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    Ah no, thats terrible news altogether. Im going to miss Saoirse, she brought some quality to the show. Although she was also partly responsible for Una going. At least they got a mention that they were gone. Plenty dont.

When she was first brought in, she was good but then they seemed to just forget about her and use her as a spare part. I did like her though.

Right. Most of my predictions are based on what I hope will happen, and most of them are rubbish. Leo joining a Neil Young tribute band. Niamh having conjoined twins. Annette being able to act. All of them were far-fetched, and none of them happened.

But tonight, I'm basing my prediction on science and good acting. Did anyone see the way Bob did his scenes with Renee? He couldn't even force himself to look at her. There is trouble in that relationship, and I will bet anything that they are about to have an explosive separation. I'll be surprised if they are still together on Sunday.

It was a very good episode tonight. That was a completely unexpected twist in the Bill story - he's a gambler, not an alcoholic. It makes complete sense of the last few weeks.

As far as acting goes, the star man was nearly Bob, but I'm going to give it to Keith for one scene. He was in Phelans, messing around with a skeleton glove, withouth a thought in his head. Then the employment storyline came up, and suddenly he was half terrified and half furious. He did some really realistic work with young Sean.

He's a good actor. They should feature him more.

How right you are... Renee and Bob have a falling out. He is broke and brings home fake cash :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Ah no, thats terrible news altogether. Im going to miss Saoirse, she brought some quality to the show. Although she was also partly responsible for Una going. At least they got a mention that they were gone. Plenty dont.

Are you serious Epicurus!! (Ha im a poet! That rhymes!!) I thought Saoire was utterly forgettable and kind of "dead" as an actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I agree with you, Epicurus. I thought she added something to the show. She had the makings of a good oddball comic character. I liked the way she didn't take anyone seriously.

Strangely enough, I thought she might have been a future partner for Robert. Though I do love Cleo's new look, and she was great on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

He did some really realistic work with young Sean.

He's a good actor. They should feature him more.

Sean! Jasus, they're all back together.

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    How right you are... Renee and Bob have a falling out. He is broke and brings home fake cash :eek:

Thanks, Angel. He's really good, isn't he? Do you know if he has a good story coming up?

I thought he was brilliant with Trevor, but he hasn't had a thing to do since then. I'd love to see him on screen for a good long run, sticking it to Christy and the rest.

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Are you serious Epicurus!! (Ha im a poet! That rhymes!!) I thought Saoire was utterly forgettable and kind of "dead" as an actress.

Im 99% serious Marycat. I always looked forward to a Saoirse scene, rare as they were. She is a talented actress and someone who will go far i think. They definitiely underused her on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

uuuugggggg they brought all those fukn eejits back at once. For crying out loud, wish them 3 bast*ds would die in the fire. Renee the fukn bich 1st and then ugly heather!!!!!!!!

Renee VS carol, no comp!!!!!

State a renee!

uuuugggggg they brought all those fukn eejits back at once. For crying out loud, wish them 3 bast*ds would die in the fire. Renee the fukn bich 1st and then ugly heather!!!!!!!!

I admire your passion there, young Mr Bravo. But why do you hate them so much? And what three do you mean? I get Renee and Heather, but is the third villain Brendan or Bob?

Fistfight at dawn if it's Bob....

I admire your passion there, young Mr Bravo. But why do you hate them so much? And what three do you mean? I get Renee and Heather, but is the third villain Brendan or Bob?

Fistfight at dawn if it's Bob....

lol its Brendan!

I absolutely detest the 3 of them. They bring down every ep their in with their bloody whinging. Their the 3 most boring fu&kers to ever enter the streets of Carrigstown.

Really hoped we were rid of them. Renee and her devil spawn Heather especially, Heathers voice even fukn gets on my wick like you would not believe.

But on the upside that Saoirse sh%t stirring nose in everything bich is gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Well, I am most concerned about Seamus and Annette! How is Seamus going to survive the pummelling Creaking Jacket Bill is giving him every day..:eek:

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Well, I am most concerned about Seamus and Annette! How is Seamus going to survive the pummelling Creaking Jacket Bill is giving him every day..:eek:

Seamus has a secret weapon in the form of his housekeeper Angela. One of these days she'll pop out and give Bill whats for. He wont know whats hit him.

Haha! I don't agree with you about Syouiuarsha, as they call her, but you've got a point about the others. I can't believe Brendan and Heather are still together. Have they had a single moment of being happy?

I know that happiness isn't very dramatic, but it's hard to see why either of them would make an effort to save the marriage. She frowns, he sulks, repeat to fade.

:D Epicurus!...Angela would be able to take on Bill alright...:D..Does anyone remember how she used to be sweet on Seamus but I think it was back when the other guy played McAleer..

State a renee!

Shur if you did that, you're still left with the spawn of the devil spawn in Eleanor.

Shur if you did that, you're still left with the spawn of the devil spawn in Eleanor.

ahhhh cmon now I dont pick on kids:D

I do.

BURN THE WITCH!!!

Well you just picked on Heather...and she acts like one :D

I've wondered too how Heather and Brendan have stayed together. :confused: I suppose Carol is glad to wind Heather up after the best-selling author;) Heather was trying to write a book about Carol and her shady past..

I think it was Eddie1980 who first thought that Bill wasn't even a recovering alcoholic so well done as it turns out to be true. He is a compulsive gambler who will do anything to get more money.

• Advertisement

:D Epicurus!...Angela would be able to take on Bill alright...:D..Does anyone remember how she used to be sweet on Seamus but I think it was back when the other guy played McAleer..

I remember that all right. Her flirtatious glances didnt get her anywhere in the end though. Did she quit that position in the end though because of the breakfst table fiasco when Annette was sleeping there. I miss Angela.

State a renee!

You don't think this is going a BIT far, Johnny...

I remember that all right. Her flirtatious glances didnt get her anywhere in the end though. Did she quit that position in the end though because of the breakfst table fiasco when Annette was sleeping there. I miss Angela.
    Maybe it was the time that Seamus was seeing Orla but I think the present actor playing Seamus went out with Orla, although I could be wrong. It didn't get Angela anywhere though, is right, but Seamus could have done a lot worse than Angela.

I think it was Eddie1980 who first thought that Bill wasn't even a recovering alcoholic so well done as it turns out to be true. He is a compulsive gambler who will do anything to get more money.

That's impressive, both Eddie for being so perceptive, and the writers for being so accurate.

This really is the best Fair City has ever been. With one or two exceptions, the cast is fantastic and the writing is top class.

Maybe it was the time that Seamus was seeing Orla but I think the present actor playing Seamus went out with Orla, although I could be wrong. It didn't get Angela anywhere though, is right, but Seamus could have done a lot worse than Angela.

He did do a lot worse, he went off with Orla

I like Seamus... if it wasn't for Louie... ;) Angela was a head wrecker :p

lol its Brendan!

I absolutely detest the 3 of them. They bring down every ep their in with their bloody whinging. Their the 3 most boring fu&kers to ever enter the streets of Carrigstown.

Really hoped we were rid of them. Renee and her devil spawn Heather especially, Heathers voice even fukn gets on my wick like you would not believe.

But on the upside that Saoirse sh%t stirring nose in everything bich is gone!

Can't say I agree with you. I love Heather, Brendan and adore Renee and Bob. Brilliant characters. How good it is to see how Bob will fall now :D

Thanks, Angel. He's really good, isn't he? Do you know if he has a good story coming up?

I thought he was brilliant with Trevor, but he hasn't had a thing to do since then. I'd love to see him on screen for a good long run, sticking it to Christy and the rest.

Who was Trevor?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

anyone like Cleos hair extentions? they soften her up a bit, all we need now is a bit of botox to get rid of those horrible faces she pulls all the time.x

• Advertisement

Who was Trevor?

The psychic. He pretended he was in contact with Floyd, and then he freaked Bob by finding out about his dead son.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement