Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deelite wrote: »
    Angela Ray's ex-wife owns that apartment I think

I think so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Like in so many areas, i bet the park will now become the centre of the community.

How long before someone ends up living in it? I would have bet on Orla, but she's obviously going to be taking a long break. Who else is likely to end up homeless? Maybe Ray, on current form.

I'd like to see Louie's empire collapse. He'd end up foraging in the park for nuts and berries. Trapping squirrels. Harvesting medicinal leaves.

With his shirt off, of course. Otherwise Angel would never forgive them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    0002b2c8-545.jpg

Park Life

Carrigstown gets a new park.

Carrigstown Corporation, after much too-ing and fro-ing with Dermot, finally gave the go ahead for a park to be built.

The builders were busy laying bricks for the water feature, cutting grass and planting plants for the first stage of the park to be opened.

Just in time for the Winter; perfect timing.

We've already had one of those scenes :D one was enough :p

How long before someone ends up living in it? I would have bet on Orla, but she's obviously going to be taking a long break. Who else is likely to end up homeless? Maybe Ray, on current form.

I'd like to see Louie's empire collapse. He'd end up foraging in the park for nuts and berries. Trapping squirrels. Harvesting medicinal leaves.

What about Zumo and his gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Epicurus wrote: »

I don't know how they are going to film the park because it's built to the side of the fair city set and you can see the back of the fake buildings from it!!

On the topic of McAleer
    I don't think he's going to perish in the fire as he has been around the rte canteen for the last few weeks and the fire was filmed approx. 5 weeks ago!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

:D:D:D

I miss Louie, it is pretty boring and nothing nice to watch and dream happy thoughts.. instead we have Bucko bill terrorising everyone :eek:

When I look at that fence, it looks like that park looks like it is basically in someones back garden :D

myxi wrote: »
    I don't know how they are going to film the park because it's built to the side of the fair city set and you can see the back of the fake buildings from it!!

On the topic of McAleer
    I don't think he's going to perish in the fire as he has been around the rte canteen for the last few weeks and the fire was filmed approx. 5 weeks ago!!

I am relieved at that...
    please be bucko Bill then.. please let Annette live...any sightings of the imfamous Bucko Bill :p

Believe me... one scene like that is NEVER enough ;):D

Family is different. If you were to advise every Bill Jack and Harry free of charge over a cup of coffee, you would not have a chance of earning a cent.

She has to try and get the community to trust her again, after the accident, she was hated and blamed for Gina's death, so you have to try and do your bit for the community and get them to be behind you again. It isn't all about the money. :)

amidst all the excitment of Bill and the gang, I forgot other exciting news this week, the return of Renee and Heather; the excitment just keeps on coming.

• Advertisement

amidst all the excitment of Bill and the gang, I forgot other exciting news this week, the return of Renee and Heather; the excitment just keeps on coming.

Heather is back in it tonight as if she has never been away :rolleyes:

Heather is back in it tonight as if she has never been away :rolleyes:

The actress, Una Kavanagh, wrote and starred in a one-woman show in the Dublin Fringe. I'd say that accounts for her long absence. Bob and Renee were doing a theatre tour as well.

I wonder if they would ever consider a Fair City spin-off for theatre. That would be great fun.

The actress, Una Kavanagh, wrote and starred in a one-woman show in the Dublin Fringe. I'd say that accounts for her long absence. Bob and Renee were doing a theatre tour as well.

I wonder if they would ever consider a Fair City spin-off for theatre. That would be great fun.

Yeah I know she was busy and others but I just love how Fair City never acknowledge it. Louie, Yvonne, Connie, Tracey, Leo, Dean have vanished.. to name but a few.

She has to try and get the community to trust her again, after the accident, she was hated and blamed for Gina's death, so you have to try and do your bit for the community and get them to be behind you again. It isn't all about the money. :)

She was giving this free advise to all in sundry well before the accident.

Am i right in thinking, when Fair City began, the likes of Charlie Kelly and Mags, Mary and Barry O Halloran and Paddy and Anne Clarke all lived in a close, something like the one from Brookside but with much older housing to be found. Now adays they all seem to live on a street.

Am i right in thinking, when Fair City began, the likes of Charlie Kelly and Mags, Mary and Barry O Halloran and Paddy and Anne Clarke all lived in a close, something like the one from Brookside but with much older housing to be found. Now adays they all seem to live on a street.

I thought it was much the same as now. They all lived in the street as they are now. I miss Paddy Clarke :(

She was giving this free advise to all in sundry well before the accident.

I guess she is just a helpful person and not out to make as much as she can. We have Louie for that :D

Doesn't this look good :D

0002b46d-545.jpg

A flaming hot Halloween.

Fireworks, flames and foes.

Carrigstown residents are in for a shock this week when the night skies are set a light not only by fireworks but flames.
    Who starts it? Who will be a hero and who gets saved? Stay tuned during the week to see the story explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I am relieved at that...
    please be bucko Bill then.. please let Annette live...any sightings of the imfamous Bucko Bill :p

This whole post is going in spoiler!
    No sign of bucko bill in the last few weeks although no sign of Annette either. It depends who is on their break when I go on lunch etc, so it doesn't necessarily mean she's dead! For all you Louie fans he's been back in the canteen since last week looking gorgeous!

Also totally unrelated - "PERVERT" was painted in red on the door of Brendan's doctors practice 2 weeks ago - not sure why tho!

myxi wrote: »
    This whole post is going in spoiler!
    No sign of bucko bill in the last few weeks although no sign of Annette either. It depends who is on their break when I go on lunch etc, so it doesn't necessarily mean she's dead! For all you Louie fans he's been back in the canteen since last week looking gorgeous!

Also totally unrelated - "PERVERT" was painted in red on the door of Brendan's doctors practice 2 weeks ago - not sure why tho!
    oh wow.. wonder what Brendan has done to deserve that!! sounds really good! doesn't sound good for Annette. I really hope she will survive, she is one of my favourite characters. I love Louie.. he is so hot. I miss him on screen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Ah Renees back!!!

Her face when she heard about Carol...priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Jeez was Heather playing a man during the summer and did she forget to remove the ronnie. Serious amount of facial hair.

Renee walks back in like she was never away. So unrealistic. Ah there is Bob...and Brendan and don't forget Heather. This is so far fetched.:eek:

Is that a moustache on Heather :eek:

Now all I want is to see Louie back :D

Has Heather put on weight, she looks bigger than she used to :eek:

Well said Carol :D I love how Bob winds up Christy, makes me laugh :)

So another one leaves. Saoirse. What fantastic exits these characters get.

Caitriona - goes to London
    Saoirse - doesn't go back to work in the garage!

haha :D

Great dialogue for Carol and Renee:

"I'll give you a hint. It's someone who's in the room."

"YOU?!"

"Well, I am a good fifteen years younger than his last model."

Fair play to Renee. She really managed to look old and defeated.

Great dialogue for Carol and Renee:

"I'll give you a hint. It's someone who's in the room."

"YOU?!"

"Well, I am a good fifteen years younger than his last model."

Fair play to Renee. She really managed to look old and defeated.

It was good to see Renee back, I have missed her and Bob, adds a different dimension now with Carol in the picture and well able to stand up to them all :)

Barry will you ever grow up and stand up to Bucko Bill :mad::(

So another one leaves. Saoirse. What fantastic exits these characters get.

Caitriona - goes to London
    Saoirse - doesn't go back to work in the garage!

haha :D

Ah no, thats terrible news altogether. Im going to miss Saoirse, she brought some quality to the show. Although she was also partly responsible for Una going. At least they got a mention that they were gone. Plenty dont.

• Advertisement

Right. Most of my predictions are based on what I hope will happen, and most of them are rubbish. Leo joining a Neil Young tribute band. Niamh having conjoined twins. Annette being able to act. All of them were far-fetched, and none of them happened.

But tonight, I'm basing my prediction on science and good acting. Did anyone see the way Bob did his scenes with Renee? He couldn't even force himself to look at her. There is trouble in that relationship, and I will bet anything that they are about to have an explosive separation. I'll be surprised if they are still together on Sunday.

It was a very good episode tonight. That was a completely unexpected twist in the Bill story - he's a gambler, not an alcoholic. It makes complete sense of the last few weeks.

As far as acting goes, the star man was nearly Bob, but I'm going to give it to Keith for one scene. He was in Phelans, messing around with a skeleton glove, withouth a thought in his head. Then the employment storyline came up, and suddenly he was half terrified and half furious. He did some really realistic work with young Sean.

He's a good actor. They should feature him more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement