Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I dont care about Annette??????or Bill or Seamus

*yawn* you are back :rolleyes:

samsung22 wrote: »
    Carol is really annoying lately with this new OTT humorous character the writers have turned her in to!

I find the voice she is using a little irritating and false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Angel ignore you know who, they might go away again.

Ya they have kinda comied up Carol big time lately! and not in a good way!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Including the fire, they say, "At least FIVE well-known faces will be out of the show before Christmas...." Seeing as it's nearly November now, and nobody has died yet, that means we're going to have around one death every six episodes.

It says they'll be out of the show - doesn't mean they're all gonna die... and if you think about it... (THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION... NOT A SPOILER) the fire kills Annette and Séamus and Bill flees the country before he can be pinned to the murder... that's 3 gone... Brendan is found guilty during his court case and he goes to prison... that's 4... only 1 more has to go so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WinnieWhinefar

ye i am back??so what??

• Advertisement

I didnt see that article do u have a link to it?I wanna read it and see the pic of Paul{Tony Tormey} and Niamh {Clelia Murphy}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Yea Captain Negative those 4 are good guesses alright:)

Bill last night, hes one crazy yank!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Maybe Cass's dog runs into the fire to try and save lifes!!!!! By the way whatever became of Rachel's gerbils.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I didnt see that article do u have a link to it?I wanna read it and see the pic of Paul{Tony Tormey} and Niamh {Clelia Murphy}

No pictures on the online version, Winnie, but you can read the article if you click here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20090927/ai_n35709017/?tag=content;col1

It says they'll be out of the show - doesn't mean they're all gonna die...

Curses, you're right.

Now what am I going to do with all these coffins?

• Advertisement

thanks a mill hun xxx

I am thinking Seamus and Bill die, Annette to survive (hopefully) I think it is wishful thinking. I can't see Barry being written out. This week should be really good.:D

angel01 wrote: »
    I am thinking Seamus and Bill die, Annette to survive (hopefully) I think it is wishful thinking. I can't see Barry being written out. This week should be really good.:D

It was a good ending last night, wasn't it? Seamus is certainly in trouble. Bill didn't look like he was going to stop kicking him any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Did anyone else find it weird that Annette just seemed to wait for 10 minutes staring at the wall while Bill hit her over the head with the vase??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ciano123

i like john & edward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Did anyone else find it weird that Annette just seemed to wait for 10 minutes staring at the wall while Bill hit her over the head with the vase??

Yes! I couldn't get over that, it was like she was watching paint dry or like she was a statue.

I'm going to miss Bill - his accent has me in hysterics every night. As for Seamus, his tough guy transformation is annoying me at this stage. Strangely enough, Annette has started to grow on me.

Maybe she had concussion and was confused after being hit. I like that Seamus genuinely cares for her (unlike Barry)

ciano123 wrote: »
    :confused: erm wrong thread I think!

It was a good ending last night, wasn't it? Seamus is certainly in trouble. Bill didn't look like he was going to stop kicking him any time soon.

Seamus was in trouble :( No it didn't, Bill looked determined.

MaryCat! wrote: »

You know, MaryCat, that's just one of the little things a wife does for her husband.

Seriously, I think her performance in the whole episode was fairly stiff. When she took the money out of the envelope, she seemed to position it unsubtly so that the camera could see what it was. Then, as you say, she turned her back in a blatant way to facilitate the vase-clunkage. Afterwards, it seemed the script intended her to be completely concussed ("Thirsty.... need water...."), but she didn't even look woozy.

Other stupid things in that story: according to my years of watching crime movies, placing a scarf over someone's closed mouth is not an efficient gag. It would limit them to shouting through a scarf, certainly, but that's not exactly soundproof.

I did like Paul slowly realising that he is Niamh's wife, however. And I think Bill is getting better and better, and the last scene between Orla and Charlie was quite touching. They could make a believable friendship.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Does anyone know how Annette makes any money over the years. She is constantly been asked for advise while in the pub, or one of the restraunts etc. If she was a real business person i am sure she would have told them to ring and make an appointment, and also would not have spoken about a persons personal worries in a public place.

Paul is not Niamh's wife he is her husband??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

You mean Orla? she is living with Keith.

Is she still living there. I thought she only went in there over the Colm drama. I didnt think Sarah would stand for that; another couple in the house.
    deelite wrote: »
    Ray won a share of the lotto a few years back - (with Keith, Paul, Robbin and Jimmy). He might of used a little of that but I thought he had put the majority into "shares" for Julia (Raymondo's daughter).

Didnt he use that to buy the apartment himelf and Deegan are living in?
    ciano123 wrote: »
    :confused: erm wrong thread I think!

:( Thought there was some interesting stuff coming up for Deegan and a new friend.

Has the mayoral stuff being sorted yet or is Orla still floating around with those brushes.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Is she still living there. I thought she only went in there over the Colm drama. I didnt think Sarah would stand for that; another couple in the house.

:( Thought there was some interesting stuff coming up for Deegan and a new friend.

Has the mayoral stuff being sorted yet or is Orla still floating around with those brushes.

The whole mayor story is complete crap. You would sware the way they carry on they had the same powers as the mayor of New York or London. Coupled with the carry on of Carol and Charlie, you have Dermot, Bella, Barry etc having all these rules and subrules etc. Doug would have been the best Mayor if Carraighstown needed one.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Annette makes any money over the years. She is constantly been asked for advise while in the pub, or one of the restraunts etc. If she was a real business person i am sure she would have told them to ring and make an appointment, and also would not have spoken about a persons personal worries in a public place.

She has had a successful law firm of her own and I think she just wants to help the community. My brother is a solicitor and I often ring and meet him for advice so why wouldn't Annette?

Yes it has been sorted out, Charlie pulled out so Carol is the mayor. I thought it was a fun storyline which made me laugh :)

0002b2c8-545.jpg

Park Life

Carrigstown gets a new park.

Carrigstown Corporation, after much too-ing and fro-ing with Dermot, finally gave the go ahead for a park to be built.

The builders were busy laying bricks for the water feature, cutting grass and planting plants for the first stage of the park to be opened.

The park is a much welcomed addition to the Carrigstown community and Residents will now be able to take some time out from the dramas of their everyday lives and relax in the peaceful surrounding of Carrigstown Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Angela Ray's ex-wife owns that apartment I think

She has had a successful law firm of her own and I think she just wants to help the community. My brother is a solicitor and I often ring and meet him for advice so why wouldn't Annette?

Family is different. If you were to advise every Bill Jack and Harry free of charge over a cup of coffee, you would not have a chance of earning a cent.

• Advertisement

0002b2c8-545.jpg

Park Life

Carrigstown gets a new park.

Carrigstown Corporation, after much too-ing and fro-ing with Dermot, finally gave the go ahead for a park to be built.

The builders were busy laying bricks for the water feature, cutting grass and planting plants for the first stage of the park to be opened.

The park is a much welcomed addition to the Carrigstown community and Residents will now be able to take some time out from the dramas of their everyday lives and relax in the peaceful surrounding of Carrigstown Park.

Like in so many areas, i bet the park will now become the centre of the community.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement