Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Yer man Cass is the best soap character I have seen in years. Legend!

Certainly the only one in Fair City that can do comedy since Bella's mother in law died. She was able to do it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Anywho thats Ray ;)

Bronco Bill is getting sneakier by the day!! Really not looking forward to Renee and Bobs return. 2 of the ugliest creatures to ever grace the earth.

Thats very harsh :eek: I love Renee and Bob.. I prefer to call him Bucko Bill. He punches Annette next week :(

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Certainly the only one in Fair City that can do comedy since Bella's mother in law died. She was able to do it as well.

Absolute rubbish. I can name several characters that can do comedy. Carol, Ray, Keith, Leo to name but a few. Seems like all you like to do is bring negativity to this thread.:rolleyes::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

angel01 wrote: »
    Thats very harsh :eek: I love Renee and Bob.. I prefer to call him Bucko Bill. He punches Annette next week :(

Aww no!! I really like Annette, I like Bill purely because the character brings a bit of nastiness to the soap but I was really hoping Annette would get back to how she was, I always enjoyed her character.

Aww no!! I really like Annette, I like Bill purely because the character brings a bit of nastiness to the soap but I was really hoping Annette would get back to how she was, I always enjoyed her character.

I think she depends on him so much, I would like to have seen her get back with Seamus as he genuinely seems the only character in the soap that cares about her and can see through bucko Bill :( Barry hasn't been that nice towards her, you would have thought he would have genuine cared.

• Advertisement

I think she depends on him so much, I would like to have seen her get back with Seamus as he genuinely seems the only character in the soap that cares about her and can see through bucko Bill :( Barry hasn't been that nice towards her, you would have thought he would have genuine cared.

Well now to be fair to Barry, Annette had a big part to play iin him being behind the wheel when Gina was killed. I can see why he would want nothing to do with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's very hard to feel sorry for someone when you're no longer together. Look at any couple that have parted on bad terms and the majority of them won't give a crap about each other. Barry is the last person I'd expect to care.

Absolute rubbish. I can name several characters that can do comedy. Carol, Ray, Keith, Leo to name but a few. Seems like all you like to do is bring negativity to this thread.:rolleyes::(

Leo.....

will give you Carol, Ray and Keith however.

Maybe so, I guess its just because I like Annette so much :o I am just glad Seamus still cares..

Leo.....

What do you bring to this thread? Negativity.. :eek: Hate to break it to you but we are very positive in here because we all like and enjoy watching Fair City :D:D All the people you mention there, Keith, Ray, Carol, Leo are the most popular people in the soap :D

Oh and great news all... The Fair City website will be interviewing Aisling (Carol) very soon I believe so you can soon send in your questions but until then, you can send in questions for Heather, I sent mine in :)

Methinks you should have the forum name Captain Negative :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Leo.....

I think the funniest characters are Cass, Dermot, Carol, Keith, Ray, and (I have to disagree with you) Leo.

Three people I think should get a lot more comedy are Damien, Bob and Tracey.

Damien is funny when he gets the chance, but he rarely does. Bob is great with one-liners, and a sly character is always good fun. I don't think I've ever seen Tracey in a funny story, and I bet she would be great.

What do you bring to this thread? Negativity.. :eek: Hate to break it to you but we are very positive in here because we all like and enjoy watching Fair City :D:D

Only expressing an opinion. I'm not asking you to agree with me. That is what boards like this is about, people expressing how they feel, and i dont like some of the characters in Fair City. That however does not stop me from watching.

I think the funniest characters are Cass, Dermot, Carol, Keith, Ray, and (I have to disagree with you) Leo.

Three people I think should get a lot more comedy are Damien, Bob and Tracey.

Damien is funny when he gets the chance, but he rarely does. Bob is great with one-liners, and a sly character is always good fun. I don't think I've ever seen Tracey in a funny story, and I bet she would be great.

I agree about Tracey. Lots of the stories she is given are so crap. Its all doom and gloom. Why cant the script writers give the characters some happy stories for a chance. Maybe meet some fellow that is not scum. Thought they might the time she was falling for Leo's son.

Thought they might the time she was falling for Leo's son.

Where did that story end up? They're an interesting couple. Dean has a history with older women, so you can see why he would fall for her. But he doesn't strike me as someone who is ready to settle down.

Where did that story end up? They're an interesting couple. Dean has a history with older women, so you can see why he would fall for her. But he doesn't strike me as someone who is ready to settle down.

I think he was also going out with the daughter of the fellow Tracey was married to (Dominic is it) and he decided to stay with her, rather than to move in with Tracey. Have not seen him in the programme with a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Methinks you should have the forum name Captain Negative :D:D:D

But that's my name!!! :(

But that's my name!!! :(

haha :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

That was some ending. How does everyone feel about it?

My first thought was that it was a bit too editorial ("Welfare fraud = bad!"), but they completely pulled it out of the fire with that last line. Doug turning to Keith and Paul and saying, "Well, did I do what ye wanted?", and they both look a bit ashamed.

The thing is, I wouldn't report someone I knew if they were defrauding the dole. I feel bit of sympathy for Doug, but I still feel it's a wrong thing to do.

But Ray had just started his own business and wasn't he reminded to sign off the dole, by Doug, and he said he would do it the next day? That is how I saw it. And could he not tell the welfare that he had started his business on a date which was just a day or two earlier and everything would still be fine?

Cris Jones wrote: »
    But Ray had just started his own business and wasn't he reminded to sign off the dole, by Doug, and he said he would do it the next day? That is how I saw it. And could he not tell the welfare that he had started his business on a date which was just a day or two earlier and everything would still be fine?

Where did Ray get the money to start up a new business like that. Most people would have to go to a bank, and they are not all that interested in handing out money right now.

Where did Ray get the money to start up a new business like that. Most people would have to go to a bank, and they are not all that interested in handing out money right now.

I don't think it's costing him anything. Charlie gave him the premises for free, he has his own tools, and I doubt he paid any of the official start-up costs.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's costing him anything. Charlie gave him the premises for free, he has his own tools, and I doubt he paid any of the official start-up costs.

Dont know things would work out as easy as that. Ya i know he has the premises from Charlie and know he would have had some tools, but jacks etc that are needed do not come cheap, and he would also have to have a supply of spare parts, oil etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Didn't think Bill could get any worse but he did tonight! After Bill, BARRY gets my goat because even though Annette was really sweet to him tonight, saying how he had always been good to her...:eek::D...there Barry was in the next scene sympathizing with Bill AGAIN for putting up with Annette's boozing.:mad: I suppose Bill is good at fooling everyone except Seamus. Even Annette still didn't think he was that bad before tonight's episode.

Not liking Cleo`s long hair, doesnt suit her.

Also hope Orla doesnt get paid for the work and hope Carol beats her and Charlie. Orla is such a rotten cow, she deserves everything she gets. Shes always been a bitch and showed it again tonight. wheres the sponger meant a be living now?

just watched it!!

LOL@ Bill, hes one crazy funker!!:D:eek:

I think Cleo looks much better with the longer hair. What an episode. Bucko Bill going OTT again :rolleyes: it was all too much I thought and a very OTT episode. Poor Annette and Seamus. Love them.

I am glad Carol is the mayor, and awww she will be known as Carol Foley now :D

Not liking Cleo`s long hair, doesnt suit her.

Also hope Orla doesnt get paid for the work and hope Carol beats her and Charlie. Orla is such a rotten cow, she deserves everything she gets. Shes always been a bitch and showed it again tonight. wheres the sponger meant a be living now?

You mean Orla? she is living with Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Ray won a share of the lotto a few years back - (with Keith, Paul, Robbin and Jimmy). He might of used a little of that but I thought he had put the majority into "shares" for Julia (Raymondo's daughter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WinnieWhinefar

I dont care about Annette??????or Bill or Seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samsung22

Carol is really annoying lately with this new OTT humorous character the writers have turned her in to!

• Advertisement

I dont care about Annette??????or Bill or Seamus

When the Mirror broke the story a few weeks ago had Paul and Niamh on the cover. That may just mean they are the most popular characters, and therefore more likely to sell papers, or it may be a hint. The full list of candidates they name is here:

Barry
    Bela
    Paul
    Annette
    Ali
    Leo
    Niamh
    Brendan
    Robin
    Bill.

There's quite a few thread favourites there.

Including the fire, they say, "At least FIVE well-known faces will be out of the show before Christmas...." Seeing as it's nearly November now, and nobody has died yet, that means we're going to have around one death every six episodes.

Ray should junk the garage and open an undertaker's.

Full article here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement