Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Tesco Dundrum are selling the "Buffalo wings" sauce again :pac:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oil painting

They are selling it in Fresh on the malahide road again, the large bottles of the original, I bought 6 last wed as i had none left! Had a few WIng offs! lately lol

they also do it in the Spar in malahide down near the marina, and they have it in the shop in Howth called the farmers market beside the church in the village, the guy there said he was out of it but getting it back in.

I have revealed all my secret spots for getting it, i think its in high demand though because the shelves go bare pretty soon, here are my favorite recipes i use, i also make the blue cheese sauce from scratch and its lovely, the cheese i use is the Roquefort blue cheese because it crumbles well, the oil i use is crisp and dry because it makes them nice and crispy, i also try and get good quality chicken, superquinn and dunnes have nice wings, and some butchers will dived them for you as well which is handy,

http://virginiafoodie.typepad.com/gardenapartment/2009/03/buffalo-wings-with-blue-cheese-sauce.html

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/how-to-make-buffalo-wings-a-step-by-step-guide/

happy eating!!! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ok, so is tabasco sauce in any or an ok substitute for Franks? if you have exhausted all other options.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Frank1Gallon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lindtee wrote: »
    I love all things of the chili variety so was suprised I didn't like these. There was just some sort of odd taste I didn't like, gonna try them again though, think I may have put too much butter in the sauce and the wings themselves weren't the best.
    my other half doesn't like them if the wings aren't well cooked, so i always make sure they are crispy brown in the fryer at the hottest temp before i coat them in the franks.

i also find that the vinegar can be a little overpowering too sometimes, so i always simmer off the butter and franks for a few minutes before i toss the wings in the sauce as the vinegar evaporates fairly easily. so....
    • cornflour + fridge for 30 mins
    • highest temp fryer
    • good & crispy + browned off wings
    • no more than 50/50 butter/franks
    • simmer off some of the vinegar
    • paint your fingernails blue so you don't accidentally chew one off when it's covered in sauce. :D
    • enjoy. :)

BOFH_139, does one of the selected delivery methods include "injected directly into your veins"? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

This has got me all interested, so much so that I bought a few bts in Dunnes Tallaght (dont normally go there but did just to get Franks)
    Hope this is as good as you all say, off now to cut and cook wings :D
    Have high expectations

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Bloody fantastic !!!!
    Another convert here and another compeditor for the rare sauce that is Franks :D:D

Thank you all for the heads up !
    Looking like a once a week treat :o

keving wrote: »
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Bloody fantastic !!!!
    Another convert here and another compeditor for the rare sauce that is Franks :D:D

Thank you all for the heads up !
    Looking like a once a week treat :o
    so you liked them then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Frank1Gallon.jpg
    Where did you order it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭coffee to go

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Frank1Gallon.jpg

Leavy's Butchers at Lamb's Cross near Sandyford can order these in for about €20 if anyone's interested. Collection only of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Raoul wrote: »
    Ok, so is tabasco sauce in any or an ok substitute for Franks? if you have exhausted all other options.:(

Going by where you looked for the sauce Raoul try Dunes in the Charlestown Center on the St Margarets Road Finglas they had loads of bottles up to last week. Whatever you do don't use tabasco to make your sauce. It's Franks or nothing unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

Woo. Got the franks sauce, butter and some corn flour, all I need now is chicken wings and have to look through this thread for the best recipe. Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Guess what I had for dinner today ???:D:D:D:D:D

1000603e.jpg

sharkman wrote: »
    Guess what I had for dinner today ???:D:D:D:D:D

1000603e.jpg

NOW THATS WHAT I NEED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Baby Formula?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i wish my mail order sauce would hurry up, i'm gonna have a wingers party once it gets here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Baby Formula?

you really should have quoted the picture though, your on a differnt page and i didnt know what you were talking about at first!

griffdaddy wrote: »
    i wish my mail order sauce would hurry up, i'm gonna have a wingers party once it gets here
    Where did you order it ?

this place is a shop here in holland that imports and delivers all kinds of things from America and England. It's pricey but it's the only real way to tide me over till i can fill up a suitcase and bring it back over!

griffdaddy wrote: »
    this place is a shop here in holland that imports and delivers all kinds of things from America and England. It's pricey but it's the only real way to tide me over till i can fill up a suitcase and bring it back over!

That site only seems to have the frank`s redhot cayenne pepper sauce, Still I guess it's a start :D

• Advertisement

you got me worried that i'd ordered the wrong thing there for a second:eek:

That site only seems to have the frank`s redhot cayenne pepper sauce, Still I guess it's a start :D
    thats exactly the one you want, the buffalo sauce is just that with some sort of fake butter flavour that won't go off in it and it's manky compared to the proper stuff. not to mention its likely to be the same price but you'll use twice as much as the original per batch of wings rather than supplying your own butter.

also, i was doing a little more research on crispy coatings for chicken and it looks like a mixture of cornflour and regular flour gives the best results.

i used a cup of flour (the horrible american measurement, most measuring jugs have it) and 2 heaped tablespoons of cornflour the other night (plus salt, pepper & smoked paprika) and it came out crispier than a m**herf**ker. :D

i only ended up using half of it, but i've kept the rest for next time. i did it with thighs again but with the skin off and you'd never even miss the skin with that amount of crispiness in the coating. :)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

vibe666 wrote: »
    thats exactly the one you want, the buffalo sauce is just that with some sort of fake butter flavour that won't go off in it and it's manky compared to the proper stuff. not to mention its likely to be the same price but you'll use twice as much as the original per batch of wings rather than supplying your own butter.

also, i was doing a little more research on crispy coatings for chicken and it looks like a mixture of cornflour and regular flour gives the best results.

i used a cup of flour (the horrible american measurement, most measuring jugs have it) and 2 heaped tablespoons of cornflour the other night (plus salt, pepper & smoked paprika) and it came out crispier than a m**herf**ker. :D

i only ended up using half of it, but i've kept the rest for next time. i did it with thighs again but with the skin off and you'd never even miss the skin with that amount of crispiness in the coating. :)

Are you deep frying or oven baking them ? I go for the bake .

If anyone wants a Gallon of Franks and is in Dublin I'll gladly pick one up in Musgraves for them.;)

If anyone wants a Gallon of Franks and is in Dublin I'll gladly pick one up in Musgraves for them.;)

You sir are my Hero...I'll be in Contact soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just tried these for the first time. Pretty good but i have a question. Is their anyway to make the sauce stick to the chicken better. It was really nice but it was more "runny" than i would have liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Preheat the oven. After you take them out of the frier and coat them in the sauce pop onto a baking tray lined with tinfoil and pop them in the oven on a high heat for a while and they sauce goes thicker and sticks to the wings

Are you deep frying or oven baking them ? I go for the bake .
    frying with good fresh oil. i find that the amount of time you have to put them, in the oven for to get them crispy shrinks them too much and you lose too much of their juicyness. i also don't have the patience to wait that long for them to be cooked and don't like the idea of losing some of the crispy bits on the bottom of the try if they get stuck. fryer ftw. :)
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    Just tried these for the first time. Pretty good but i have a question. Is their anyway to make the sauce stick to the chicken better. It was really nice but it was more "runny" than i would have liked.
    coat the wings in flour/cornflour before you cook them (as mentioned a few posts up).

also cook out the franks and butter a bit and you'll find it thickens up quite a bit. just be careful not to burn the butter if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MC2009

vibe666 wrote: »
    frying with good fresh oil. i find that the amount of time you have to put them, in the oven for to get them crispy shrinks them too much and you lose too much of their juicyness. i also don't have the patience to wait that long for them to be cooked and don't like the idea of losing some of the crispy bits on the bottom of the try if they get stuck. fryer ftw. :)

coat the wings in flour/cornflour before you cook them (as mentioned a few posts up).

also cook out the franks and butter a bit and you'll find it thickens up quite a bit. just be careful not to burn the butter if you do.

Found a New Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce in Spar on Baggot St Upper this morning. The shop also has Original Franks Red Hot Sauce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

I spotted small little bottles of it in sainsburys lisburn yesterday.

Advertisement