Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MC2009 wrote: »
    Found a New Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce in Spar on Baggot St Upper this morning. The shop also has Original Franks Red Hot Sauce
    It's not new and apparently it's not as nice as the Original sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MC2009

It's new in Ireland, Will have to make 2 batches of wings to compare so

http://www.franksredhot.com/

I'd say the Xtra Hot one would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

MC2009 wrote: »
    It's new in Ireland, Will have to make 2 batches of wings to compare so

http://www.franksredhot.com/

I'd say the Xtra Hot one would be fantastic
    the buffalo sauce not new in Ireland, tesco were doing the buffalo wing sauce before they had the original and that was long ago. as far as i can tell, it was created to fill the portion of the market who are so inept at cooking that they are unable to melt actual butter in a pan and add franks original hot sauce to it.

check out further back in this thread and the "E & C Buffalo wings" thread in the food and drink forum for several mentions of the buffalo sauce (and that it's artificial gick compared to the original + butter).

all that's in the buffalo sauce that is different from the original hot sauce is some sort of fake butter and preservatives so that it won't go off.

original hot sauce + butter is the way forward if you can get it. the buffalo sauce is it's poor inbred cousin who should be left tucked away under the stairs unless the original is unavailable and you need a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭coffee to go

vibe666 wrote: »
    the buffalo sauce not new in Ireland, tesco were doing the buffalo wing sauce before they had the original and that was long ago. as far as i can tell, it was created to fill the portion of the market who are so inept at cooking that they are unable to melt actual butter in a pan and add franks original hot sauce to it.

check out further back in this thread and the "E & C Buffalo wings" thread in the food and drink forum for several mentions of the buffalo sauce (and that it's artificial gick compared to the original + butter).

all that's in the buffalo sauce that is different from the original hot sauce is some sort of fake butter and preservatives so that it won't go off.

original hot sauce + butter is the way forward if you can get it. the buffalo sauce is it's poor inbred cousin who should be left tucked away under the stairs unless the original is unavailable and you need a fix.

Testify!!

Note that Fallon & Byrne's had the Xtra Hot Sauce last time I was there. It's like a tasty mix of Franks Original and Tabasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MC2009

Thanks for the heads up Vibe666, presume the buffalo sauce was introduced for the lazy people in the U.S.A.

Think I'll stick with the original and butter, I mean if it ain't broken don't fix it

Thanks for the info coffee to go

• Advertisement

i actually have some buffalo sauce bottles stored away at home that i bought before the original became available, but it's going to stay where it is until i can't get the original any more and i can't bear to be without my franks fix.

if you look at the recipes for buffalo wingson the franks website, they say to use the buffalo sauce (well, THEY would!) but then mention that instead of using one 'cup' of the buffalo sauce, you can substitute it using the original sauce with 2/3 original and 1/3 of that 1 cup being butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not to be a kill joy or anything but how is this still a "Bargain Alert" - most people are reporting where to find it , not that it's reduced ?

franks is ALWAYS a bargain at any price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Judging by this thread Franks should have its own forum. I mean Mustard has one. All hail Franks. lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Judging by this thread Franks should have its own forum. I mean Mustard has one. All hail Franks. lol ;)
    I'd pay for it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Dunnes Rathmines has them in abundance..

Regarding cooking methods, I simply attack a few wings from the butchers, cook in a convection oven until things begin to look a little hairy and simply drop them screaming into a bowl of neat Franks sauce...

Have tried the butter, and don't notice the difference tbh.. In fact, served with raw sauce, they're even hotter..

Anyone know the health implications of eating this stuff every day? If not, check back with me in six months and I'll let you know (I'd check the obituaries in the Irish Times too if I were you)

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Anyone know the health implications of eating this stuff every day? If not, check back with me in six months and I'll let you know (I'd check the obituaries in the Irish Times too if I were you)

A severe case of Ring Sting lol

Franks Red Hot Ring Sting... has a nice ring to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

No need to be vulgar:mad::mad: I have chili of some sort or other in nearly every savory meal. Chili has lots of beneficial health effects and not everyone suffers from the aforementioned:p:p And by my standards the normal franks isn't that hot at all. And next time I am going to try the wings without the butter. (so there)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Want a Franks Bargain Alert.....heres one.....Dunnes in the Square are doing the big Bottle of Original for only 2 euro each .......picked up 6 last night.....works out at 33% of........also doing the same offer on the Wings sauce....

A Disgrace wrote: »
    what ever you do, just make sure they don't try and cremate you when you finally go, or it could be the last time anyone ever sees Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,376 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Franks Red Hot Ring Sting... has a nice ring to it ;)
    Already out there http://ringstinghotsauce.com/products.html
    habanero-bottle-sm.png

I got regular stuff in eurospar killiney shopping centre, was not on offer though, 2.99. Had a franks buffalo wing sauce too think it was 3.69

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Also the Special 2 euro a bottle is also available in Dunne's in the Blanchardstown Centre.....Picked up another 6 bottles....Still with 33% off....can t beat that price...

Franks Hotsauce and Buffalo Wings Sauce is back on sale in Dunnes Briar Hill Galway for 1.99 a bottle..I bought most of them lol but there's some left :D

This might be interesting to others who like their food hot!!

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

Franks "red hot" rates a paltry 450 on the scoville scale. Anyone tried any of the more hotter sauces in the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Eah , I have a bottle of Rons Nuckin Futz . It's hot ,but nice .

lindtee wrote: »
    This might be interesting to others who like their food hot!!

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

Franks "red hot" rates a paltry 450 on the scoville scale. Anyone tried any of the more hotter sauces in the link.
    there's a TV show on the US Travel Channel called Man V's Food and the guy on there takes on all the biggest and baddest eating challenges in the US, which are inevitably either huge or really spicy. i've seen him eat stuff on there that is so spicy that they have to cook it wearing masks and gloves. :eek:

Haha I'm hooked on that show vibe. It's gas. Just saw the episode where he eats the chilli burger, the chilli pasta and the chilli wings. Guy literally had tears rolling down his face. Everywhere the chicken wing even touched his face was burning. haha

Was just browsing through HUDK, and saw this - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/508951/hottest-chilli-in-the-world-seeds-d . Going to order me some "Dorset Naga" seeds. Dorest Naga is supposedly one of the hottest chills in the world! Link to buy the seeds-
    http://www.peppersbypost.biz/order.asp
    Anyone with me on this?!!

(btw is there a chilli appreciation forum on boards?:))

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Ok im finally giveing these wings ago. Wings all cut coated in corn flour and siting in the fridge. Hope i enjoy these befour i head off for croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I have the Tabasco Haberno Sauce. Tasty. I thought Franks was hotter than it though. Could be due to the fact that 8 drops of the Tabasco is enough to be bastid hot.

On a poorer note, no Franks to be found in Cavan. I'm running low, down to my last 2 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Oh yes the wings are well worth all the hype, just off to get more. If only i could say the same about our team. Thanks to all,

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

i want to try these so badly but just cant find the sauce anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I think most dunnes store stock it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Canacourse

The number of threads on this sauce forced me to buy it when I happened across it in Superquinn last week. But I must say I did not like it at all and I normally love chile sauce. Methinks some employees of the Irish Distributor are talking it up on this forum to boost sales of these mediocre sauce...

Advertisement