Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Maybe we should make a list of places that offer Franks by County. From reading all the posts so far it seems that if you live close to Dublin you have no problems finding Franks because there seem to be plenty of places.

However I think its a little more difficult to find it on the west coast. I believe there is no store offering it in Sligo county but I know of 2 places that sell it in Leitrim.

I can post the 2 places in Leitrim if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

musgraves have special on for large 3 ltr bottle for €13

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I'd take a couple of them but don't you need a Musgrave's card to shop there?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

3 Litre is a big bottle - a lot of sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

10 pages about a sauce? lol is it really that good? What does it taste like? I'm interested. :) On a side note, I add garlic granuals to anything hot that I eat, loverly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

carbsy wrote: »
    10 pages about a sauce? lol is it really that good? What does it taste like? I'm interested. :) On a side note, I add garlic granuals to anything hot that I eat, loverly!

Hmm i think there are only 7 pages, and yes it really is that good...

I used up the last jar of Franks yesterday, Fresh on the Malahide road are now out of stock too. Anybody know any place on the northside of Dublin that still has some in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

No more in Fresh on Camden St, but plenty in my press... Added it to a Chilli Con Carne I made the other day, I could see through walls after it..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

If anyone is up North, Sainsburys are selling 5 fl oz bottles for £1.49 - picked up one to see what it's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Hi Dunkindonuts, thanks for the tip. Picked up a 3 litre bottle today in Musgraves, Ballymun. Thanks for that. Now off to buy some wings and get cooking. Yumee

• Advertisement

songbirds wrote: »
    Hi Dunkindonuts, thanks for the tip. Picked up a 3 litre bottle today in Musgraves, Ballymun. Thanks for that. Now off to buy some wings and get cooking. Yumee

Can you just walk into Musgraves in Ballymun, or do you need a card?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Cocoon wrote: »
    Can you just walk into Musgraves in Ballymun, or do you need a card?

Hi Cocoon,
    You do need a card for Musgraves, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

I'm going to check Newry at the weekend...

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp

I'd never heard of Franks before I read this thread, and now I'm so excited ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Franks hot sauce is the secret ingredient in the original anchor bar buffalo wings that have been on the menu since 1964. the original and still the best. :D

often used in places like the elephant and castle and the schoolhouse that are famous for 'their' wings and plenty of other bars and restaurants around Ireland and the rest of the world.

and YES, they're that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Anyone know if you can get this sauce in Tallaght anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Fresh Camden Street have re-stocked, plenty there earlier folks..

Loads of Franks back on the shelf in Fresh on the Malahide road too. Both original and Buffalo wings sauce. Got a half dozen bottles but there's plenty left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Jeasus you guys seem to be well into this sauce!
    I'm going to have to check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

I picked some up in Newry for the first time at the weekend, after reading this thread. As I was standing there I overheard 3 American woman behind me talking, saying they needed to get a good hot wing sauce. I turned round and said "Franks", holding up a couple of bottles, to which she replied "FRANKS!!!" like she was reunited with a beloved friend.
    It was then that I knew the hype was going to be worth it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Right... you've got me interested. I'm now mad to try this sauce for myself. Tried Dunnes on the childers road but no dice. Anyone know where to get this sauce in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Hi,

Anyone having any suggestions what to replace Blue cheese dip with for the Wings. Was running out of my last bottle from Tesco but now they dont have it anymore unfortunately. Looked other places too but it seems to be very hard to find.

Any suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

From reading this I bought two bottles in Fresh in GCD. But whats the best way of cooking the wings.,¿
    What I've read here is mix half butter & Franks but what then.

rh555 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone having any suggestions what to replace Blue cheese dip with for the Wings. Was running out of my last bottle from Tesco but now they dont have it anymore unfortunately. Looked other places too but it seems to be very hard to find.

Any suggestions? Thanks
    were you using Brianna's blue cheese dressing/dip from tesco's? used to get that and loved it, but not everyone here liked it.

we've actually started randomly making our own, there's a heap of recipes online, just do some googling and experiment. we didn';t find a perfect recipe yet, but we're geting there. gorgonzola seems to be the right blue cheese for the dip, we're just having trouble getting it runny enough for it to work properly without ruining the flavour too much. :o
    BOFH_139 wrote: »
    From reading this I bought two bottles in Fresh in GCD. But whats the best way of cooking the wings.,¿
    What I've read here is mix half butter & Franks but what then.
    personally, i separate the wings at each joint and throw out the tips, coat the wings in cornflour (makes them extra crispy) and deep fry them until they're cooked through and crispy on the outside. find a fat one and cut into it down to the bone if you're not sure and make sure there's nothing pink or red inside and they're done. i always tend to slightly overdo them so they're not too moist, sometimes it can be a little off putting if they're too juicy (yes, i know it sounds weird). :)

then i heat up some butter in a wok or frying pan (a wok makes it easier to toss the wings in) with some franks and let it cook through to burn off some of the excess vinegar in the franks sauce and then toss in the wings until they are well coated all over and serve.

bon apetit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

picked up 4 bottles of this in fresh on camden street and just added to wings and have to say I am very happy with this sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

darkbeatz wrote: »
    I went in to tesco in the square at lunch and they have the nandos sauce there so picked up a bottle of HOT. has anyone tried it? whats it like?

I've never tried Franks but I do like Nando's extra hot Peri Peri I got in Tesco's. I must try Franks soon

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

loads of bottles of this in dunnes stores , charlestown, 2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

This thread amazed me, 8 pages on a bottle of chilli sauce!!

So I decided to try one of the recipes using butter & Frank on the wings from a chicken I was cooking today & gotta admit, it was good. Looking forward to having some friends over and making up some blue cheese dip to go with it!!

sedohre wrote: »
    I've never tried Franks but I do like Nando's extra hot Peri Peri I got in Tesco's. I must try Franks soon
    if you find franks somewhere, prepare to throw your nando's in the bin. you won't look back. ;)

and if you don't prefer it, I'll give you a much better recipe for proper portuguese piri piri chicken (when i can find out where i put it) that blows everything away. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Dunnes in Rathmines has Franks Buffulo and normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

vibe666 wrote: »
    I'll give you a much better recipe for proper portuguese piri piri chicken (when i can find out where i put it) that blows everything away. ;)

I got it in Dunnes in Rathmines, and I do prefer it! I'd love to get your recipe anyway :)

Advertisement