Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 5D MkII has arrived!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Carrigman wrote: »
    I see www.dabs.com quote a body only price of £1836.98 - the best UK price I've seen.

Temptation begone!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I've just finished fully charging my new 5DII battery. Gonna go out play with the video function around town tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Bring a tri or mono pod and audio in if possible... It's an unwieldy beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

If I sober up when I get home I will upload.any1 that knows sin e knows how dark it is...

AM thread:

5D (mark 11), last seen in Sin E, (at around 6:40). One of only 5 in de country, easy to spot, an expensive looking camera with no lens on front. Not a lot behind the camera either apparently.:D

Could have a beer mat with a biro hole where the lens should be. Most likely to have copious amounts of Bulmers stains on body.

All replies to rspca@....

Owner last heard muttering .. takes great shots, god bless those Guns ??

Approach with caution.:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Just got home to Dublin fair city ... charged my bat a bit .. and took some pics of the cat ... ISO 3200 WOW !!!!

amazing IQ ...

Can-t wait to mess with it proper tomorrow ....

There is beauty in this world ........ and there is the canon 5D MK II !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'm waiting to see iso 12,800 and 25,600 shots :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Of course coming from Crop sensor to FF I've obviously seen one of the downsides which is the viginetting, whats the best way to get rid of this in Lightroom or DPP if it's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

With what lense?

24-105L wide open. (f/4)
    I always tend to shoot wide open with every lens I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Stop down to around F8 and it should dissappear even before that :)

• Advertisement

I always shoot wide open though. :P

In all fairness I'm loving the FF compared to a crop. my lenses are all like new and so so wide!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Wide open? Heh, I did it few times with my 50/1.8. I am used to 4, so my pictures are almost useless. The DoF is so shallow!

By the way, I am processing first two cards of pictures from my MkI. It is such joy to see the pictures on large screen! How could I had lived without it?

ThOnda wrote: »
    Wide open? Heh, I did it few times with my 50/1.8. I am used to 4, so my pictures are almost useless. The DoF is so shallow!

By the way, I am processing first two cards of pictures from my MkI. It is such joy to see the pictures on large screen! How could I had lived without it?

Can't wait to see the results ThOnda. You're not the only one loving your MkI ;)

6400 ISO!
    Yesterday in that so dark pub Sin E!

9D2B9FC4CF92479596C75DA9A4392858-800.jpg

4E445E89ED3C4004A4BC8127E08BF0D9-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Love the 1st pic AR. Classy.
    As Mick Fitzgerald said: "....its better than sex...." ! :eek: ! (after winning the Grand National)
    Well.......is the 5D Mk II better than.... ahem !

Edit: I reckon I'd feel very nervous carrying around a €2.3k camera in public, especially pubs !!

6400 ISO!
    Yesterday in that so dark pub Sin E!

Were these taken with no flash (yeah im guessing if you went to iso 6400)
    Seriously good quality at such high iso

Very very usable pictures

Yep no flash!
    and remember my PP would be very average, an experienced person could prob get even better results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

One from the School concert, taken from the balcony at the back of the Church, no flash, poor lighting. Crop from original photo.
    5D MkII 70-200 F2.8 IS - ISO 1600 1/100 F2.8. Should have brought the 100-400!!

3123614072_1c703e5da6_b.jpg

Original:

3122801201_208037ab1e_o.jpg

aaahhh youtube lets you upload .mov files now!

• Advertisement

I really like that.
    I am going to shoot my vids in the 640x480 size rather than the 1920x1080 as its only half the file seize.....
    60 seconds is 122mb so if I film an average song at a gig that would be 3 mins.
    youtube let me upload a 228mb file so not sure what it's limit is, I'd need about 360mb.
    I do like the new revamped youtube, the bigger screen and the option of high quality and high definition too, I just wish it would have them on default.

I really like that.

I do like the new revamped youtube, the bigger screen and the option of high quality and high definition too, I just wish it would have them on default.

Where's the option to set quality, Uploaded that clip to youtube and it looks s***e:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mXSi7BX31Lg

edit: I see the quality link , but it doesn't improve it much!

jpfahy wrote: »

Youtube butchers the sound and video quality compared to the original, it's always being the way, your one in particular does look it took a bigger beating than the 1 I upped. (I since removed mine, as I use it as a music channel for the subscribers I have)

/edit
    Wow 1gig is their upload limit now!!
    That is so so good.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10053504-2.html

/edit x2
    Your youtube video for some reason only gave a high quality version rather than a HD version.....when I had my video up it gave me a HD option.
    Odd.
    I will upload maybe another one in the next while.

Nobody really fancy pushing the ISO yet? Seen 1600, 3200, 6400 so far.. not seeing the higher ranges of the MKII though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Link to HD vid from a 5D mkII on youtube

jpfahy wrote: »
    Where's the option to set quality, Uploaded that clip to youtube and it looks s***e:

I think the problem is that the smaller file that you use only gives the option of high quality and the full sized files you can use gives the HD option on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I really like that.
    I am going to shoot my vids in the 640x480 size rather than the 1920x1080 as its only half the file seize.....
    60 seconds is 122mb so if I film an average song at a gig that would be 3 mins.
    youtube let me upload a 228mb file so not sure what it's limit is, I'd need about 360mb.
    Holy transmission rates batman, might have to upgrade from the basic broadband if the vid side takes off, and more external drives.

The world's gone mad, when I bought the Sinclair Spectrum from QTH in Dunlaoghaire the ad described the options "an ample 16k of RAM or a whopping 48K - probably more than you'll ever need". 1983 isn't that long ago in daylight saving time.

Any of you guys find any AF issues like this

http://www.afashionshooter.com/2008/12/20/5d2-af-in-dim-light/

Very nice video from the camera
    Nice short sequences, slow panning, looks very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Feck this, I'm getting the MKII:pac:

Advertisement