Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 5D MkII has arrived!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep.

Plenty of Flickr accounts to browse through for examples!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

jackdaw wrote: »
    The Canon 5D MK II has arrived ---- has it though ??

Just check FlickR for 5D MkII camera photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Any truth in the rumour that the high iso is nothing to write home about and not a patch on Nikon's?

We were feicing around the other night at 24,600, in a dark room, and getting pretty crazy results - I mean, yeah, it was very grainy, but it was at 24,600 iso... Anyways, it all seems to be good good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I've seen those mark II shots on Flickr before alright, but any from boardsies, one even?

My tin foil hat is starting to vibrate, the "I've got mine" posts are great pr for bricks and mortar stores :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I've seen some posts aswell on dpreview about dead pixels ??

seems to be a problem .. but apparently a manual sensor clean clears them
    up ?? how come ... surely a dead pixel is a physical issue..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Any pixelated item (LCD TV, camera, etc) can suffer from dead pixels. These are not always dead, but can just be asleep. :-) There are a few tricks to wake them up again, unless they are actually dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

What I am seeing and reading on dpreview is that the last test the 5d mk II was def better than the D3, this was the sRaw file test thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Anandtech feature

Looks at high iso and comparison to nikon and sony FF'ers

Solyad wrote: »
    Anandtech feature

Looks at high iso and comparison to nikon and sony FF'ers
    Great read, the 5D mark II truly is an amazing camera after reading that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Great read, the 5D mark II truly is an amazing camera after reading that....

AR did you not get your 5D yet? I thought you were on Gunn's list ??

I am #5 on their list, they only got 1 in last week and that was Leinsterman's!
    She phoned me the other day and said I should have it before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

last I heard was 6th of January...

Last Sat 29th Nov this was the reply from digitalwonderworld.de when I asked about the shipping date and mentioned people in Ireland were already receiving theirs:
    It might be possible that some head dealers will get some cameras, but be sure yo won't be able to buy it there.

We got in our company in Hong Kong also a few cameras, but we can't sell them here in Europe.On top we have there also a huge backorderlist!

We expect the first Canon EOS 5 D Mark II bodys at the end of the next week in our area of Europe.

PS ignore my earlier beg for samples, there's so much hype around this camera that I'd be afraid to put an image into the firing line, I don't have the skills to do it justice.

For example (the reason for the noise is clear from the exif) :
    C92EFD1C990549969A7117D7E35E14DF-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

democrates wrote: »
    For example (the reason for the noise is clear from the exif) :

5D MKIII, ISO-10, at 666mm?!

whyulittle wrote: »
    5D MKIII, ISO-10, at 666mm?!
    Yeah awesome!
    The aperture of f0.002 was the real attraction of that gigantic lensbaby, great to get gradual bokeh on the side of the moon.

Seriously though, the anandtech article posted by solyad has me chomping at the bit. I'm the worst in the world for camera shake so the iso advantage on the mkii will free me from the tripod some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

This is turning into one of the best pieces of marketing i have seen in a while.

Economic downturn would indicate that they hauled back on the unti production a bit, thats about it.

All of a sudden a lack of supply = demand?

Ford tried that one too. Worked then as well.

Dragan wrote: »
    This is turning into one of the best pieces of marketing i have seen in a while.

Economic downturn would indicate that they hauled back on the unti production a bit, thats about it.

All of a sudden a lack of supply = demand?

Ford tried that one too. Worked then as well.
    And with the 5d markII you can have it in any colour you like so long as it's black.

Looks like we're in for a black '09 economically, that's got to hurt sales of discretionaries ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I am #5 on their list, they only got 1 in last week and that was Leinsterman's!
    She phoned me the other day and said I should have it before Christmas!

she phoned me and I'm number 4 on the list

:-P

Anyone know what price Gunns will do the 24-105 kit?

Also... First Dead MK II - Poor fecker must have been really annoyed!

Another review

• Advertisement

Anyone know what price Gunns will do the 24-105 kit?

Also... First Dead MK II - Poor fecker must have been really annoyed!

Another review

SHÍT :0 !

God damn it ...

Im going nuts ....

im checking dpreview, canonistas.com , canrumours etc ... every 5 mins ...

my work is starting to suffer :(

latest news is that delivery has been pushed further back ... February 31st...

Was in town this morning doing a bit of christmas shopping and was very suprised to see a 5D MKII sitting in the window of Galway Camera Shop

€3300 for the 24-105 kit... no wonder its still sitting in the window!

See this http://www.canonrumors.com/2008/12/05/5d-mark-ii-sensor-issues/

they say canon can have a solution for black spots ? is this the same as dead pixels ? and how would canon have a solution ? -- again a physical issue ? or can it be repaired with new firmware ... to be honest these problems seem quite prevalent ...

Had a scan through a few pages and threads there.
    Doesnt sound good...

You can even see the issue on this shot on Canon US site (on the bridge lights to the very right)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Was in town this morning doing a bit of christmas shopping and was very suprised to see a 5D MKII sitting in the window of Galway Camera Shop

€3300 for the 24-105 kit... no wonder its still sitting in the window!

The saddest thing is that someone will purchase it and it can live out it overpriced destiny on Auto.

Very true!

If they sold it at a remotely competitive price you'd consider it - its sitting right there, but thats crazy

Might hold off until this black spot thing is resolved anyway

but how could it be resolved ? are we talking future physical builds ? or firmware ?

Probably a Back-To-Canon job - Pretty disgraceful if it's a common defect, this is their third pro spec body in two years two have serious design flaws - Autofocus trouble in the 1D III, a misaligned sensor in the 1Ds III and now sensor trouble in the 5D MkII...

Fail.

• Advertisement

jackdaw wrote: »
    but how could it be resolved ? are we talking future physical builds ? or firmware ?

We could be talking don't buy the damn thing til its resolved...
    If this ends up in a recall, its very bad for Canon

Advertisement