Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 5D MkII has arrived!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I bet that few ads on adverts will be cancelled now. And it is going to keep higher price of MkI too.

Double bad news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

shiiiit ... that is bad news .... damn it ... was looking forward to going FF ...

i don't fancy splashing out all that money on the 1Ds !!!

if it is a recall , im assuming a full refund will be in order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Just read the massive threads over at POTN and DPreview but while its not good that the problem exsists but tbh I'm far from a Pro and would never have noticed that as I am no pixelpeeper,
    I never look at my crops 100% anyway.
    Hopefully it will be fixed with that firmware.
    I know that when Gunn's phone me I will still be handing over my money to them without any qualms!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just read the massive threads over at POTN and DPreview but while its not good that the problem exsists tbh I'm no Pro
    Yet you have more gear than a few do... :pac:

If anyone's considering a 5D mkI by now.. 7dayshop have an awesome kit offer.

lol as I said before I'm worth it.
    xx

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Solyad wrote: »
    Was in town this morning doing a bit of christmas shopping and was very suprised to see a 5D MKII sitting in the window of Galway Camera Shop

€3300 for the 24-105 kit... no wonder its still sitting in the window!

Goes without saying that the guys there are keeping the traditional going of trying to rip off the consumer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Goes without saying that the guys there are keeping the traditional going of trying to rip off the consumer :mad:

Surely anyone knowledgeable enough to buy a FF camera, will know it can be gotten a lot cheaper elsewhere... its a joke

I've checked some of the images where these black spots are supposed to exist

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2128&productID=249&articleTypeID=25

and to be honest i can't find em .... i mean i thought these would be really
    obvious like dust spots - noticable even at 25% crops sometimes!! ... which really piss me off ... but if it this unnoticable
    i don't think ill let it stop me ...

thats the thing with pro cameras .. there are other issues with the 1D and the 1Ds ... AF problem and misalligned sensor ... those cameras still sell well ... i think these problems are so hard to spot .. which is why they are only noticed on pro models ... cos pros use 'em ... you don't see the same problems written about the XXXD, or XXD, .... most users of these cams would never notice ...

bottom line ... i think this is serious nitpicking .. i mean you zoom in far enough you will get problems ... even with film ...

fook sake even the human retina has it's limits !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Yeah but if I'm paying for 21,026,304 pixels and there's a dead one I'll be looking for 0.00000004755947597828th of the price refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Surely anyone knowledgeable enough to buy a FF camera, will know it can be gotten a lot cheaper elsewhere... its a joke

Not everyone will look elsewhere especially if they it in the window waiting for someone to hand over the sponds!!

• Advertisement

******** Canon only gave something like 15 cameras for the whole of SPain ..... morons ... are you listening ....

Look at Nikon ... any waiting list for the D700 ??? NO ...

any waiting list for D3 ? .. No !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

jackdaw wrote: »
    Look at Nikon ...

any waiting list for D3 ? .. No !!

When the D3 was launched there was a waiting list. Mine took over a month to arrive.

**** ... I can get one from Al ... and ill have it by monday/tuesday of next week ... i dunno what to do ...

its about €180 extra ... + i don't like getting camera bodies from offshore shops ... pain in the ass if probs ...

Remember Canon have unofficially admitted the black spot issues and if its not a firmware fixable problem it would be very awkward for you to sent it all the way back to Al!
    Why I'm waiting for Gunn's...still. :(

Well.. my mk1 arrived today.. woo \o/

Nice one, so you gave up on the 40D then. ;)
    Where did you get it from and how much?
    Look forward to your shots as you def have potential for your age. :P

Nice one, so you gave up on the 40D then. ;)
    Where did you get it from and how much?
    Look forward to your shots as you def have potential for your age. :P

Fajitas convinced me to skip the 40D :p

Got it from 7dayshop with a 24-70L which is being sold. Body works out at 1250€ or so

So you now own TWO 24-70s!
    How much you selling the new one for? :)

/edit
    This one?
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=102534

So you now own TWO 24-70s!
    How much you selling the new one for? :)

/edit
    This one?
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=102534

That's the one! :D 800£ off.. couldn't resist :p
    And the 24-70 is already sold for 850€

Remember Canon have unofficially admitted the black spot issues and if its not a firmware fixable problem it would be very awkward for you to sent it all the way back to Al!
    Why I'm waiting for Gunn's...still. :(

Wise advice.

I'm kinda wary buying camera bodies outside the EU - I don't mind buying lenses but not bodies (the way i see it one lense knocked out for a while is a balls if returning but the camera body is a disaster!)

Also Jackdaw, 180 extra for what out of curiousity - to rush one too you for christmas is it?

• Advertisement

Wise advice.

I'm kinda wary buying camera bodies outside the EU - I don't mind buying lenses but not bodies (the way i see it one lense knocked out for a while is a balls if returning but the camera body is a disaster!)

Also Jackdaw, 180 extra for what out of curiousity - to rush one to you for christmas is it?

Yeah stupid ... you guys are right .. ill be patient ...

i want it before christmas as im going to Ireland ..and London for new year ...

I suppose it will be a nice new year pressie when i come back to SPain in January ... I always get pretty depressed this should lift me a little ...

Something to look forward to is always good in January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

Took delivery of my 5dMK11 today. Initial impressions are good. It feels good in the hand and feels robust. I am looking forward to putting it through its paces this weekend.

Now to sell my 1D MK11...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Now to sell my 1D MK11...

PM please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Id prefer an a900 - has an extra 12mp coupled wit the awesom carl zeiss 16-80 and your set :)

You mean it has nearly an extra 3MP! Canon 5d mk II is 21.
    Also the A900 has lousy ISO on it, not even close to Nikon or a Canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My bad ment the nikon d3 :). iso isnt that bad - i borrowed a a900 of an american friend wit deep pockets and two of his lenses; a zeiss 24 70 f2.8 and a sony g 300mm prime f2.8 and i was amazed. Results all the time were fantastic in all light. One thing sony has over all the other camera makers is the zeiss lenses - zeiss glass is the best in the world, only lecia comes anywhere close.
    I'm gonna hav to start saving lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I'd prefer a Nikon D3x :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Here get your own threads this is for the 5D Mark Deux.
    It's an outrage.

• Advertisement

been noticing even though the camera remains on backorder, the asking price is coming down a little

Dabs currently £2339, which is roughly €2599 - this is for the 24-105 kit
    (sterling is currently a hair over 0.90)

Oh yeah meant to post this link a few days ago - the page is updated regularly

Advertisement