Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yes an off topic thread! I look forward to getting to know all you bloody freakshows.:D:pac:

What's it like living in Stayin' Alive ? Do ye get many scumbags stealing auld granny's handbags round yer way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What's it like living in Stayin' Alive ? Do ye get many scumbags stealing auld granny's handbags round yer way ?

Nope, just a load of shams doing there own version of the strut.:pac: It goes something like this;
    liamhowlettliamgallagherfashion.jpg

Replace the mop with stupid spiky hair.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Nice to see some OTB
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    So, whos goin watching Desperate Housewives tonight?

I will be, along with Prison Break...the usual Tuesday night viewing :pac:

Nice to see some OTB

I will be, along with Prison Break...the usual Tuesday night viewing :pac:

I gave up on PB, after viewing the first few episodes of S4 there was no going back.:(

I gave up on PB after seeing one episode where a guy chews his own hand off and another guy shits into a sieve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I gave up on PB, after viewing the first few episodes of S4 there was no going back.:(

Ah yeah, it just isn't the same :(. I wonder will it even last much longer on air, heard rumours that it was gonna be cancelled.

I gave up on PB after seeing one episode where a guy chews his own hand off and another guy ****s into a sieve

Ah Teabag, one of the finest TV characters in a long, long time!:D

Ah yeah, it just isn't the same :(. I wonder will it even last much longer on air, heard rumours that it was gonna be cancelled.

I've heard concerns about it alright. There were rumours going around that Fox was blaming Sarah Connor Chronicles for PB's poor numbers in the ratings (it's on before PB). Now Sarah Connor Chronicles has been moved to Fridays for Season 3, a night where TV Networks send shows to "die".

I'm pissed off that only channel 6 show Sarah Conner. And even more so that they're only showing series 1.

*Am in the realm of 16channels atm*

I'm pissed off that only channel 6 show Sarah Conner. And even more so that they're only showing series 1.

*Am in the realm of 16channels atm*

TV3 are showing Season 2 ain't they? I just watch it online though.

• Advertisement

Online ? pffft!!
    new age warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

I haven't watched Sarah Conor Chronicles yet. Might give it a go some time.

Now Lost, can't wait for the new season. Sure alot of the mistery is gone but people would be complaining if they didn't give away any answers. Also, Battlestar Galactica, that show is awesome.

And I play Xbox Live, currently gaming Too Human (sucks), Gears 2 and fallout 3. Looking forward to the new NFS, need an arcade racer hate the rubber band AI in Midnight club LA.

Gamertag is "will i am not"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I play bass, and one bassist who i had a lot of respect for passed on last year was former Killing Joke and Ministry bassists, Paul Raven.

Me too! :) Whats your set up?
    rizzla wrote: »
    Now Lost, can't wait for the new season. Sure alot of the mistery is gone but people would be complaining if they didn't give away any answers.

Oh My Gaw!... Friend of mine missed the last few eps of series 4 so he bought the dvd set and only watched them last week so he is always "But what about this.....?!"
    So now im all hyped about this new series in, i think the beginning of January?
    And I play Xbox Live, currently gaming Too Human (sucks), Gears 2 and fallout 3. Looking forward to the new NFS, need an arcade racer hate the rubber band AI in Midnight club LA.

Rizzla, looking forward to NXE?

EDIT::

CMpunked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Also, Battlestar Galactica, that show is awesome.

Battlestar Galactica is indeed the awesome. Been waiting so fecking long too find out who the 5th cylon is though which is Balls.

Also on Xbox Live, Bubs180

Yeah man, the NXE should be good, looks very flashy. Only have a 20 gig HD though, might upgrade.

I haven't watched Sarah Conor Chronicles yet. Might give it a go some time.

Now Lost, can't wait for the new season. Sure alot of the mistery is gone but people would be complaining if they didn't give away any answers. Also, Battlestar Galactica, that show is awesome.

Meh, I've gotten to the stage where I'm beyond complaining about it, I'm just enjoying it as each episode comes!

Meh, I've gotten to the stage where I'm beyond complaining about it, I'm just enjoying it as each episode comes!

That's the best way to view it and when a gem of an episode comes along like the Desmond time travel one, it feels so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'll report back later with my Desperate Housewives report.

Here's my preview - I would fair destroy Susan in the new series.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'll report back later with my Desperate Housewives report.

Here's my preview - I would fair destroy Susan in the new series.

As churchill once said: "Oh yes!" :P

That's the best way to view it and when a gem of an episode comes along like the Desmond time travel one, it feels so good.

Indeed, what a great episode. I really enjoyed There's no Place Like Home Part 1 & 2, so many possibilities came out of that finale.

• Advertisement

@ Bubs101, are you any good at chess ? do you have to be great at chess to be a chess mod ? Is it like becoming a Jedi master ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

@ Bubs101, are you any good at chess ? do you have to be great at chess to be a chess mod ?

I'm good but I'm not the best here. It was a balance of being one of the better players here, knowing the right people and being one of the better posters

Did you see that Jamacian fella on O'Connell St a few weeks ago playing speed chess?

910307760a9030706776l.jpg
    910307760a9030706574l.jpg

What do you win? Batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sunset V wrote: »
    Thank Christ! I think I may have found my soul mate! There is NOTHING more annoying than a Munster rugby fan. Oh wait there is, two munster fans. "Ireland by birth, Munster by the grace of God." Is such unmerciful drivel. This bloody devine right that know more about rugby just because they're from Cork or Limerick. I played rugby for Leinster but because I'm from Longford, my opinion doesn't count, or isn't as valued as theirs. It's my major pet hate. I also hate people from Cavan, Kilkenny, Galway, etc supporting Munster. You're from cavan, support Ulster. Kilkenny, look for Leinster, Galway check how Connaught are getting on in the Magners for the love of God.Supporting the Irish doing well will the argument thrown back at me but that Munster team is getting so far from being Irish it's ridiculous. I support Leinster, Munster are our biggest rivals so I'd sooner see them lose than win and that will be he case tonight.

I can however answer the Fields of Athenry query. The Athenry they refer to in the song, is Athenry in Waterford and not Galway.

The OTB page is phenomenal. :)

I'm from Limerick and have zero interest in rugby aside form a passing knowledge of a few players names, if Munster win, grand, if not, a little bit of me smiles as all those poser fans will be out drowning their sorrows:D

and to answer Gimmicks question, whats more annoying than a Munster fan? not 2 Munster fans its a fake Munster fan, you know the type,woman, hasnt a clue about the rules, can name exactly 3 people on the team and only because they fancy them, gets decked from head to toe in red and navy any time theres a game on and tried to spout banter with the people who genuinely follow the sport, I work in an office full of them, get constantly given out to for not wearing a Munster jersey when they play (as if!) or one of those horrific "grace of god" shirts that I once saw a Chinese guy working in Burger King on O'Connell st wearing, I have no problem with rugby at all, its an immensely tough sport to play and Limerick could do with the good publicity, but meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I love Munster.

I love Munster.

Comon guys, leinster!! :p:o

^
    borat_nice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,445 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pic removed - orestes

Not a great contribution imo

• Advertisement