Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-June 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

8.4mm so far
    Max RR 6.9mm/hr.

Some totals you got there over the last week BB. Whts your month to date totals?
    90.7mm to date here for June.
    105mm for June 07.
    9.1mm June 06.

Month to date is really lost on me unfortunately.
    WD was very buggy as you know so the total on the website and on the monitor is un reliable in my opinion in terms of adding the day to day totals.
    It's either missed uploading days at a time or added days twice on being switched on and off.
    I simply hadn't the time 'till last night to take a good look at it.
    It should be accurate from here on out though.

WD is currently showing a month to date in excess of 190mm.
    While I reckon it's well above 120mm and possibly as high as 150mm,I'm thinking the 190 is inaccurate.

That said-saturdays total was definitely 41.1mm and todays is now 36.6mm and rising
    I know yesterday and the day before delivered circa 4mm in showers so in the last week that nearly 80 mm that I can stand over :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

10 mins ago

rain.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Rain has finally cleared here for now. Total of 16.6mm so far today making a paltry, compared to some, 74.6mm for the month.

Temp on the rise slightly, up now to 12.6C.

That downpour seems to have been the last gasp, its brightening.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Brightened up here too and the rain stopped-had a shower of it since then but now dry thankfully at last.

Not much drying out today yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

About 5mm rain here today..seems I'm pretty sheltered.
    Rain barely reached moderate at any stage today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Total now is 37.1mm for the day so far after another little bit.
    From the radar,the clearance has gone through.

Exactly 4mm behind saturdays total BUT I must emphasise that some of todays rainfall will probably have been lost as the unit lost signal for more than 5 minutes at a time a good few times during the heavy rain before I relocated the base unit to the porch.
    It's back now hooked to the pc now and has lost signal again.

Nothing much I can do about the reception problems today,they are rare.

There is an issue with the reception of the VP2 console with a certain firmware/REV No. A later firmware update solved this problem but having said that, i dont ever recall you mentioning having a problem with your reception before BB.
    Have you ever changed the batt both the lithuim/CR batt in the SIM? Could be one or both of the above probs?

Turn to page 36 of the pdf manual here and check the console diagnostics screen.
    If your console Rev is May 05 earlier turn the GAIN to on and should boost the reception.
    To check the Rev/firmware hold the Done key and then arrow up and the rev should display on the ticker.

Reception problems are very rare.
    Once maybe twice in a year and both in these conditions.
    The console is back in position and receiving perfectly now.

I'll play with that later (book marked) thanks snowbie

I have a repeater outside the door on an old telephone pole and I think the problem is my reception is not coming from it but the main tx.
    If thats the case it WILL be a while before I get a chance to make time to look into that.
    I find the pc is handy here in the office and I get to post regularally from it but a post can be done in seconds without interupting much else whereas spending time here devoted to fixing things is not on at the moment -too busy!
    Will do as soon as I can though.

I think supercell had problems today too with reception

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have reception issues, but that with a VP1 which is notorious for them.

Despite living in the middle of the country I'm surrounded with wireless interference (wireless stuff all around me) which seems to be par for the course.
    I'm not complaining, its rare, most of the time its not a problem.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Light drizzly start to the day here.
    Currently 13.4°C

Sighs.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

mike65 wrote: »
    Sighs.

Mike.

:pac:

Drizzle a plenty ealier transferred to drizzle less a plenty now. None-the-less, tis still drizzle. :rolleyes: Breezy too, adding to the delight.

16.1c
    91%rh
    1009.7 mb falling slowly.

I really belived that this summer had to be better than 07, if this is a hint, it'll be far worse.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Pleasant enough out now here near city centre. Dry, breezy, overcast but temp of 20 and quite humid with DP of 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

mike65 wrote: »
    I really belived that this summer had to be better than 07, if this is a hint, it'll be far worse.

Mike.

It's certainly shaping up that way, very humid with low cloud in Cork city, no sun at all. After some heavy falls of rain there's still lots of standing water. Time to escape to southern europe methinks, where like last year heat and sun in abundance.

Suns out here now-the murk that followed the mornings rain is gone.
    Quite warm and humid
    19.4c in a light SW breeze

Max of 21.2C @1600
    Currently 20C
    77% RH
    Dp 16C
    Absolutely horrid conditions. Need some heavy rain to clear this humidity away :pac:

You can have all the rain you like as long as it stays away from here!
    Yes very humid out.

Currently just shy of 20c-the peak of the day right now actually.
    A little sun in mostly cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Very humid indeed, temp 18.4C, RH 85%, DP 15.8C.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

At least it isnt raining and i passed my exams, thank bejebus!

The outlook is dire for the next 10 days but meh its summer ;)

Its kinda bright-ish and the cloud may just break, if it does it will actually be warm!

*runs about the place nekkid*

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

9am Sunny St Gallen Switzerland 26.5 degrees and rising .

14.9C
    73% RH
    10C DP
    1012.4mb

Mostly broken skies. Heavy showers crossing the country atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Woke up to some blue skies here on the coast in Co. Clare. First day we have seen blue sky in what seems like weeks. Good for the solar panels!

Temp currently 13.5.

Some heavy squally showers. Winds strong, maximum gust of 46mph in last hour.

After yesterdays squib, there IS sun today.

Mike.

Moderate rain shower here. Current temp 11.8°C, yep its an Irish summer alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Supercell wrote: »
    Moderate rain shower here. Current temp 11.8°C, yep its an Irish summer alright.
    This shower produced my 2nd highest 10min fall (18.1C-13.7C) and 15min fall (18.1-12.8C) in my records.
    Cold front passage in Jan 2003 the only time the above figures have been bettered.
    Records since 1999.

2mm rain fell.

• Advertisement

Mothman wrote: »
    This shower produced my 2nd highest 10min fall (18.1C-13.7C) and 15min fall (18.1-12.8C) in my records.
    Cold front passage in Jan 2003 the only time the above figures have been bettered.
    Records since 1999.

2mm rain fell.
    The passage of a cold front earlier in the year not close to that MM or was it over a longer time span? I'll try and find that thread.

That last heavy shower dropped 2mm with a 36mm/hr RR. Temp dropped 18.7C to 13C in 10mins.

Advertisement