Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What was the thoughts on John Meyler getting that Minor job at the time? In hindsight it seems an atrocious appointment but I wouldn’t know what people thought initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Seadin

A terrible decision if you ask me. Going backwards after that appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Wasn't Meyler with that group all the way up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

It looks like Patrick Collins in goal, is going to be the hill that Pat Ryan dies on as Cork manager. The old saying about it harder to get off a Cork team than on it very much applies in this scenario!

I think it's fair to say that Pat Ryan is just not willing to make the hard calls as a manager. There's no guarantees that 2025 will be any different either.

I don't mean to single out Patrick Collins here, he's just an example of how certain players are just guaranteed a place on the starting fifteen irrespective of performances or lack of performances.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I agree about Collins. I would have taken him off at half time against Clare. Lehane, I would have taken off at half time in the Waterford game. I don't think Ryan reacts quick enough in games.

It is still possible that we can win though. Being at home with a packed house is an advantage and we need a bit of luck. I feel like we have had no luck at all in our first 2 games. The good thing is that we are finishing games very well and in fairness, it is a trait of Ryans tenure. But us going out in round robin is also a trait too! If we can be close near the end, we can definitely pull off the win but the worry is the usual frailties.

Our win rate in Munster is only 30% in 3 seasons but I see a Tom Kenny article saying we have to stick with Ryan no matter what happens. Surely this is a results business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ruginator

I have one spare stand ticket for tommorrow - Section 406 - North Stand. Any takers let me know. €30. I can transfer via Ticketmaster.

Edit; Sold

Post edited by Ruginator on

I wouldn't agree with Tom Kenny at all there. Cork seem rudderless so far under Pat Ryan. We just need to see some sort of performance against Limerick tomorrow night. I thought we seemed to be making progress last year, but so far 2025 has been a wasted year with no signs of any progress whatsoever. If anything we've actually gone backwards!

As for the footballers that's a tough enough group with Tyrone and either Armagh or Donegal in it. Clare are in our group as well, they did beat us last year and they showed against Kerry that they're no mugs at all. We can't afford to take them for granted. It's probably going to be between ourselves and Clare for third place in the group. Hopefully we can get at least one win from the Armagh and Tyrone games as well.

Great start by us so far to be fair. We have a long way to go yet though!

Cork 2:15 Limerick 1:10 is the halftime score.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

First time hurling by Dalton which ends up in Cork free - you love to see it

• Advertisement

Where was this display in Walsh Park? We sort the consistency out and we're a match for anyone imo.

They cut our lead down to four points but we're up seven points now. I'm awaiting Limerick to catch fire here again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Jizique

Short puckouts - fecking madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭mossie

That's 2 goals from short puck outs now. Madness playing like that

A Limerick goal brings the lead down to three points.

Another Limerick goal they're up by a point now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Sick to death of this **** year after year. Unbelievable

Collins surely can never play for Cork again - he's the worst keeper I've ever seen for us and I've been going to matches since Cunningham was in goals

At least two of Limericks goals were handed on a plate by us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Collins has cost us in all 3 games.

Fuckin disgrace that he gets picked

• Advertisement

Oh to be a Rebel !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Fair play to the...great victory. Could that be a turning point in Cork hurling...I weakly hope so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

GET THE FÚCK IN !!!!!

REBELS ABÚ !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

Difference today were the forwards fought for every ball. Barrett was just special.

Fitzy deserves MOM thought

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Douze points to Pa Horgan

Crazy game we win despite our best attempts at blowing it! That's our first championship win over Limerick since 2019 as well. Great win all the same we live to fight another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cork2021

that was nuts!! REBELS ABÚ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭lukin

I see a lot of Limerick people mocking us for celebrating this win "as if we'd won the All-Ireland". But I do believe this is a landmark win, just like Limerick's win over us in 2018 was a landmark win for them. And just like tonight's win, it was a close game in 2018 (went to extra time).

Advertisement