Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Didn't think I'd be able to go on Sunday due to a personal difficulty but now can. If anyone has 2 spare tickets can they dm me. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

U20's doing okay away to Clare, 0-10 v 0-07 up at ht, Buckley, Leahy doing well. Barry Walsh at full forward will cause damage if he gets on more ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭big_drive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He must have heard you - 2 points in 2 minutes, up to 7 for him now.

Fantastic team effort to come back like that.

Super stuff altogether !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Buckley can seem greedy at times but continues to prove me wrong - a wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭big_drive

I dunno. Good start to second half but wasn't surprised to see him taken off. Still a good win and that's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That was a great win. Some awful goals given away from a defensive point of view but to come back like that was very special. We got 1-5 to Clares one point near the end of the game. Finishing strong seems to be a welcome new characteristic of Cork teams at the minute!

Some really good prospects in the U20 team for the senior team like Buckley, Healy and Leahy….

Buckley finished with 9 points, 6 from play.

Deferred coverage of the game is on tg4 tonight although its on youtube obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Murang

Can today’s game against Clare be seen on any device or tv

I dont think so. Maybe someone can correct me.

Cork playing Kerry in ladies football Munster Final now on youtube

• Advertisement

Good first half but gave away an awful goal just on half time. Then they lost their way in the second half

Cork 0-13 Kerry 2-15

Up by 1-06 v 0-04 at ht should be further ahead, but we'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Cork 1-6 Clare 0-4 is the half-time score in Ennis. Hopefully we'll drive it on now in the second half.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They've let Clare back into it with a goal.

Only a point up, Hurley hasn't brought his shooting boots.

Teams are level now. Cork have been asleep since halftime.

I should have expected this. Nothing is straightforward when it comes to Cork football!

Great win. Any away win is hard to get but they did well in fairness.

Got the win. Will need to be much better for the visit of Donegal in 2 weeks. But that should be a preliminary quarter final in the bag hopefully.

Jesus we made hard work of that one. Still though i'm glad to get the win but a huge improvement will required against Donegal and Tyrone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Cork2021

it’s great to get the away win, that should see us have prem 1/4 final slot! You’d assume Clare don’t have a chance against the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

yeah , 1-4 to 0-1 after 17 minutes and to only go point for point wasn't exactly hammering the hammer , but what happened over the next 17 to 20 minutes must be a huge worry , we really lacked fire power up front tonight , we were very poor breaking the line for most of the game too ,relying on two or three players all the time to do the donkey work

the subs made a huge impact and mark cronin and sherlock were the difference in the last 10 minutes , although some of the work out the field at time was excellent , colm o callaghan was excellent , powter is some man to move up and down the field the shape of the backs behind the ball was good , tommy walsh was good too along with brian o'driscoll and matty taylor ,

there is serious ingredients there for a fine division 1 team , i wouldn't put it past cork to win one more game but i would fancy ye against tyrone more so then donegal

i do think that maybe the system cork are playing is two defensive for the forwards they have , i didnt see the kerry game but i imagine that is how ye set up that day too

Don't like the way this is going at the moment. Cork need to up the intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Connolly is the answer - just keep getting him ball

Hat trick for Alan Connolly we have our new marquee forward!

Some display in the 2nd half. Need to keep putting on the scores.

We have Tipp right where we want them. Just drove it home now Rebels!

We are trouncing Tipp in their own backyard. Some of the non Cork crowd here were saying that the Limerick match was our all Ireland.🤣

The Cork crowd are giving Tipp the bronx cheer now.🤣

• Advertisement

Keep pouring it on! Scoring difference important here as well.

Advertisement