Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I hope you didn't bet any money on a Limerick win Vinny?😁

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Can we still go out even if we beat Tipp the next day?

Limerick people can do whatever they like, we badly needed that win! When we're on form we can hurl with the best of them. It's all about doing it on a consistent basis now.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Luckily I didn't 🤣. Great win .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As long as Clare and Limerick beat Waterford, a win v Tip sees us through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Collins again costing us goals as everyone was worried about like me above. But as I said above too, we are finishing games very well. I did think nearly all was lost but thought we would get one more chance. It is a definite trait of Ryan and this team. Maybe due to fitness levels.

When limerick had the ball, a family member whatsapped me saying def penalty. I was like oh no….I thought it was for limerick but somehow his stream was ahead of mine though mine said live too! So I went from def defeat to victory in a few secs!!

A win like that feels like a watershed moment as Lukin says above. It just feels like a breakthrough of sorts as this Limerick team is a powehouse who kept beating us.

I will be buzzing all weekend and going into next week!

Up da Rebels!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Great win for Cork. What a team Limerick are aswell.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

what a fantastic game tonight , completely off the charts , doom and gloom is corks biggest enemy , well done tonight lads the next couple of weeks are going to be something else

We haven't been hammered by anyone since that beating from Limerick in 2022. We've been competitive in all our championship games since then. We deserved that. It's about time we came out the right side of a close one. This win should do wonders for the players confidence now. We're still giving easy goals away though. That needs to be rectified if we're going to win all Irelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Sport is all about hunger!

Mock Cork at your peril!!

• Advertisement

this must be the reincarnation of Terrence the barber anyway , microdisney and the franks biggest hairdressing groupie …..is that you john creadon !!🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Seadin

This was a super win but christ Patrick Collins did his best to lose it for us with the two goals Limerick got on the 2nd half. We should have been out of sight before that. Hopefully we can go again next week and beat Tipp.

you should have been out of sight against us too , but not just collins is the problem , fitzgibbon barrett connelly are all super players but the half backline is still too loose , in fairness tonight ye covered the middle channels well kept gillane scoreless , collins was following what he saw in front of him and while the half forward line was top class tonight at times he had no choice to go short ,

fitzgibbon and harnedy were fantastic to be fair and kepet ye in the game when ye looked out of it , shane kingston justifies his existance in a cork jersey for another year by the looks of it , robert downey was excellent tonight too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

😎 Thanks for the laugh. Game ain't over till it's over.

Not a good result for Clare though. Munster all up for grabs again.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Sure who knows me might be bringing Liam back home this year yet! I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but that really was a serious boost to Cork hurling. It all boils down to getting out of Munster and dealing with Limerick when they enter Croke Park mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

That was one hell of a match. Delighted for the management who must have been under severe pressure these past few weeks.

Harnedy rolled back the years, Barrett played his best ever match for Cork and I didn't see a performance like that out of Brian Hayes. Fitzgibbon and Downey both outstanding.

I'm especially relieved for Sean O'Donoghue. Obviously his mistakes from the short puckouts could have been fatal in terms of keeping us in the competition, but I thought he hurled outstandingly on Gillane all match. Communication / decision making really needs to improve with those short puck outs at times, but he showed real leadership in how he curtailed their danger man, it's not often Gillane is held scoreless and replaced.

Does anyone know the extent of the injuries from Joyce and O'Flynn? If they didn't make the panel I would think it's unlikely they'll be available in 8 days time.

Fair play to Limerick they played their part and their fans always travel in big numbers. Once they get a couple of their injured players back in contention they're still the team to beat.

There seemed to be an incident around the half way line in the North stand early in the second half. I was a few sections away but if it was a medical event as it seemed then hopefully whoever it was is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Why Clare? Opens it up but would have thought more of an impact on Waterford. Limerick will now have to beat them in the last game so pressure is on them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

And of course things remain the same for tipp, win our two remaining games in Thurles and we're in the Munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That camera angle behind City end goal showing Horgans peno and crowd going crazy will live with me for long time.

The hairs on my head and arms stood up. Unreal sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Quitelife

As a limerick fan the scenes afterwards were brilliant and similar to limerick celebrations when we were struggling for big wins , if the two teams were to meet later on in all ireland series be some scramble for tickets . Hopefully Cork support will travel in similar numbers to Thurles and get the win .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Limerick people of all people mocking us celebrate is bit rich. Do they not remember 2013. Yes that was Munster final but they celebrated that win like they won 5 in a row. They had not won munster in 17 years and I thought at time was great see even at our expense.

In fairness most limerick people I know were extremely gracious.

For me that's our biggest win since 2004 all ireland final. Even bigger than 2005 or beating Cats in 2013 and 2021 or the back to back munster wins in 17 and 18

We brought something to table that I have not seen in long long time against one greatest teams of all time.

We have won nothing. More I think about next week its going be a huge ask to up motivation again and do same v tipp who I'm 1000% won't lie down for us like they did limerick.

Its hope after last night. Nothing more but thats all most Cork fans want.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,869 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Was an incredible day from the minute I stepped off the train in Cork until I went to bed very late last night. Except for the result obviously.

Yesterday and last year in PnG were two of the best games I was ever at for atmosphere.

With all the negativity surrounding the stadium over the years it also felt like a turning point in regards to the fans relationship with the place. It was wild down there last night (in a good way)

cork is a top city and a fantastic stadium , 90% of cork folk are bang on , the negative for me is the location of the ground and the drive home through charleville

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Congrats to cork on a fine win I was so proud when we came back from 8 down to lead by 4 in 2nd half but cork had the quality to hang in there and once finn went off that flank took a lot of the pressure cork were exerting. To be fair cork in the main deserved it considering the goal chances missed in the first half.

Hopefully we'll learn from this and should we meet again get on the right side of the result.

i imagine you will be one of the first tipp men on the field next sunday in thurles should ye win , i can only imagine there is a a DHL vanload of blue flares on its way across the border as i speak 😂

Donegal will be in our group in the football. We do owe Donegal a beating especially after that league game a few months ago as well. We have to deal with Clare in Ennis on Saturday evening first though.

Always love the Tipp Cork games windy, proper manly hurling. I'll probably start laying on the blue & gold face paint on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Seadin

I love the clip where you can see Horgan back as he takes the penalty facing the Cork crowd. Class scene when he scored it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭shockframe

Congrats to the Cork fans on here.

Many a times their mentality has been questioned so credit where credit is due.

We could have got a draw but so could ye last in last seasons game. You take the win when you can.

Might not be the last meeting either this season!

Advertisement