Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

On the other hand, the Ayn Rand Institute UK YouTube channel clearly has an openly snarky sneering and unhelpful in any way attitude to the conflict.

https://www.youtube.com/%40AynRandInstitute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭crusd

Israel actively facilitated the dominance of Hamas in Gaza as a means of dividing Palestine as the last thing they wanted was a functioning Palestinian authority under Fatah.

Hamas's goal in October to to provoke exactly this type of reaction and are likely delighted with the invasion.

I personnally think folks who believe they know what impacts a particular issue may have on an individuals ability to live their lives without making any effort to understand the individual are the gobshites but what do I know

Post edited by crusd on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

We don't need to hear about their personal life, though.There has been an epidemic of oversharing of peoples personal lives in recent years in order to gain praise from people on the internet.

Also if we were to live by the standards you outline above there would be no "controversial opinions" thread on this site and also nobody would be allowed to comment on anything as really nobody actually knows what going on in anybody's life really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

And plenty of people would have slipped through the gaps for diagnosis over the decades. So increased awareness will lead to others pursuing diagnoses and will give them a general better of understanding of themselves. And not limited to autism. Eg people who never realised they were dyslexic or had ADHD etc. Often those people were ignored or treated as if they were dumb/lost cause in the educational system.

So all those people sharing their personal experiences might annoy you but much of the time it can help others. So the net impact upon you is pretty minimal in the scheme of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭17togo

I think the exact opposite, any Irish people siding with Israel on this are the stupid ones. Or they're just consuming too much American News. I get why America is on their side because a large portion of all the big companys, banks are controlled by Jewish people.

I'm surprised how many people that are backing Israel over here didn't actually know that Israel was only created after the war. How can people not see that what happened to Palestinian people since then wasn't going to lead to something like this is beyond me. I don't think any Irish people are siding with Hamas, they're siding with Palestine. Two different things. There'd be no Hamas if Israel had treated Palestine fairly since they were gifted a country. You can't ignore the similarities what Ireland went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kingslayer

I read somebody comparing the current situation in Gaza to the Warsaw ghetto during ww2, except now Israel is Germany and Palestinians are the jews. He was spot on with the similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Posting your opinion on social media for the world to see, complaining about people oversharing these days.

Can I assume you've completely missed the irony?

Norman Finkelstein made a similar point about the right to defend yourself and how trivial it is (his parents were in the Warsaw Ghetto). He asks if the Nazi guards in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising had the right to defend themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Blindboy from rubberbandits and Ming Flanagan are another two…

We should go back to calling it Asperger's

• Advertisement

I doubt they're happy about it but they might see it as necessary. 'A terrible beauty is born'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Possibly akin to the autism talk.

I am of the opinion that the likes of Fibromyalgia or "Long Covid" etc. etc. all seem to happen to the same kind of person. More often than not over weight, easily overcome and negative people.

I've never met a dynamic go-getting person that got struct down by one of these chronic disorders.

There are two girls (I think it happens more in women) I used to go to school with that have these phantom illnesses. Surprise surprise they can't work, make posting their woes in social media their reason to be and are anti-everything brigaders.

They never seem to get a flare up when a big event is in town. Electric picnic, holidays abroad.

The standards I outlined did not comment on people right to express "controversial opinions". You do tend to find people quick to express controversial opinions are those most likely to whinge when someone challenges that opinion

Post edited by crusd on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Any single man over the age of 30 that still preens himself for a night out, getting fade haircuts, gelling what's left of the hair and generally taking as long to get ready as a woman would, is single BECAUSE of that vanity/self-conscienceness, not in spite of it. Usually ties in with the gym /PT culture or souped up car brigade too.

Probably the sort of lads who pulls out of a woman pre-ejaculation just so they can cum on themselves.

Wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of them are closeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Big companies, big banks and the Juwes. Classic old skool we don't hear enough of these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's both belitting of men who care about their appearance and homophobic. 😬

It's not a look that would attract me, but plenty of women are into men like that.

Oswald acted alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

that’s why I said tazors . Normally not life threatening, but it will disable the perp . Any more the firearm officers could be called in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭cms88

''requires a lot of personal discipline and physical fitness'' two things hugely lacking with the Guards and something i can't see them going for. They recently got the hump over the idea of having to have an annual fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

With Global events in Particular : Compared to International news media from North America, France 24, NHK Japan and others, when a foreign incident is being reported on Irish Media by an Irish correspondent, it's like a Teacher giving a remote lesson to secondary school students over livestream

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

This is the best one yet!

I literally laughed out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The cringiest thing about GAA is the journey of a jersey bird into a WAG.

They follow the same formula, childhood sweethearts that get good, upstanding careers like a teacher or nurse or engineer of some sort.

Their eventual engagement is the talk of the parish and subsequent wedding will be the social event of the year. Very often will be full of notions. At some point during the festivities, there will either be a bit of Irish dancing or a trad music set.

Then afterwards, of course they'll be so fertile a baby will follow within the year. New mammy will then have the baby at all his GAA matches in the state-of-art buggy with all the other WAGs. A gaggle of them trying to secretly outdo each other with their perfect, nuclear family.

Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

And now Israel are doing a Final Solution to the Palestinian Problem. Destroying the Palestinians and destroying Hamas, two for the price of one.

Hell, let's kill the kids for good measure cos they can grow up as embittered adults who can kill us.

Envy thou not the oppressor, nor take none if his ways

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kingslayer

My controversial opinion about America is that no matter who is president they will never make any serious effort to stop the ethnic cleansing in Palestine.

Everything Biden has done so far is just a bit of theatre to try to save face. He knows exactly how to stop the massacre of civilians and put Nutty-yahoo back in his box, cut off the supply of weapons and the billions in aid to Israel and stop vetoing motions for them in the UN.

He won't though, because Israel have had every US government over a barrell for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not really at all controversial as that's exactly what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The protestors/racists who are terrified of foreigners moving into their towns are snowflakes who should have been battered way more by the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone in this country could become rich if they weren't so lazy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement