Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I got a campervan pass from a poster on this thread last year as most sellers and buyers like to deal with someone they are more 'familiar' with instead of strangers.

I'm the opposite - have the camper pass, but no tickets, but will pick some up closer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭rubick

Nas, Big Sleep and Spiritual Cramp could be on the mini-list for us too. Hopefully Croi, Trenchtown, Salty Dog, Freetown and Anachronica have reinforced structures this year because they'll be doing a lot of heavy lifting. Is this the year I spend 3 nights in Berlinhaus?

Will depend on what replaces Casa Bacardi too but they way things are going it'll be an extended Today FM stage with t-shirt guns, Maud Flanders' Bane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Perfect lads. Get Shovel to ditch the wife, Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭glennponder

Are the acts for the second announcement already locked in or do they wait to see what the fall-out Is from the initial announcement to determine the route to go down or is it a bit of both?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

anything mid tier would already be booked in but might not be annouced due to their own shows or other festivals.

Iirc, it's really only the small fry that are left till proper late in the day.

From FR pov, fall out is irrelevent, they've already sold the festival out, what are you gonna do, sell your ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Second announcement probably end of June or starting of July, there's definitely two or more acts to get added in the top tier and a few in the second with other amounts added to the lower tiers too. Probably another 40 acts to be added hopefully as well as smaller stages which usually don't make the actual poster.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I was shocked looking at Leeds and reading line up, it’s very different it is to EP. Not much cross over at the moment.

On an utterly different level to EP these days. That's absolutely not how I used to feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Fanirish

blink 182 -summer RHK show

Liam G - summer Irish shows

fred again - played EP 2022 & 2023

two door - summer Irish shows

Fontaines - Irish headline shows in autumn

Bleachers - playing Japan EP weekend

The prodigy - Irish summer tour in 2023 and playing other festivals EP weekend

last dinner party - played EP 2023

nia archives - playing forbidden fruit and played EP 2023

Kenya grace - playing longitude

Barry can’t swim - playing ATN

Jorja smith - playing ATN

overmono - playing forbidden fruit and played EP 2023

confidence man - playing ATN and played EP 2023

reasons why not on EP line up

Unbelievable. An excuse for everything. At some point, every act touring this Summer had a blank diary for this Summer. That's where the whole forward planning thing comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jams100

Fully expect Two Door to be added later given they are in Galway that weekend and Last Dinner Party could easily play consecutive years as many others have done previously

Snarky Snark Snark

For Last Dinner Party, they have their own sold out shows in the Olympia in Autumn BUT

• they were in the smallest tent last year and have a much bigger status this year
    • played Reading/Leeds last year and are playing same this year
    • are tarting it about buckets of festivals all summer EXCEPT the EP weekend

You’d probably the first one on here moaning if 4 or 5 of the international acts for 2024 had played EP 2023.

It’s in no one’s interest to have multiple international acts playing EP consecutively. Neither for the promoter, artist or attendees. It’s dull, repetitive and the opposite of a unique line up in ireland.
    the reason why festivals want exclusivity is that it makes the festival special. Only chance to see X during the summer is at stradbally.

hate to break it to ya but Liam Gallagher or blink 182 aren’t waiting for Melvin to call and crying themselves to sleep that they aren’t playing EP 2024.

Their agents/managers decided their summer itinerary based on multiple factors. The world doesn’t revolve around EP. MCD/FR can’t force artists to play EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭TenPicnics

I wonder what the line-up might have looked like if the festival was taking place at its traditional time of year.

Oh wait, that would mean No Calvin Harris, silly me.

Right. I'm not sure what relevance any of that has to my post. We have completely different views on the whole thing and are destined to never really get any closer to agreeing. Let's leave it at that.

they may be added in the next announcement but having played last year greatly reduces likelihood of them playing.

You complained that I was making excuses why reading and Leeds and EP weren’t sharing the same acts.
    I just outlined the reasons why they aren’t sharing certain acts as either they played EP 2023 or are playing summer headline shows here.

I think it's always possible to find excuses why acts aren’t playing after the fact. These are not the reasons why we have a shite lineup. These decisions, as you've said many times yourself, are made a long time ago. All the decent festivals are proactive, not reactive, go after the acts they want before everyone's schedule has been nailed down. You have a reason why every single desirable act is logically impossible for EP. You speak as if this drivel is all we could possibly expect. I respectfully suggest that it's not. I'm out, I've no desire to be spamming a thread full of people who are still going and trying to build up some enthusiasm for it. Your input, though at times informed and useful, has gradually become so pompous, arrogant, patronising and depressing as to render the place an almost unpleasant place to hang around. I know why I love this thread, I just wonder what you're getting out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yet, in your list you have shown that it didn't stop Fred Again playing two years in a row. I think Last Dinner Party are more likely than not to be added to the lineup.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was looking at clips of RAYE from Lowlands last year, she looks like she could be entertaining enough. I probably have about 12 acts from the poster now that I could be mildly interested in. Hopefully further announcements will increase amount of acts to investigate and enjoy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

EP nor any other big festival is in the habit of recycling artists year to year. It’s an exception. Last dinner party could very well show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dunph

Not saying you're wrong, but if The Coronas is the answer, you have to wonder if the question is worth asking

they’ve actually only played 3 times in last decade from a quick google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭rubick

Imagine wanting to see Blink 182 in the Year of Our Lord 2024.

Or indeed ever.

as I said before it’s an artist agent/manager who ultimately decide if an artist plays electric picnic. No promoter can will a line up into existence. They have their wishlist and they chase, put offers out and hope this aligns with the availability and priorities of the artist and their agent/manager.
    an artist may simply have a preference for headline summer shows as they may be more financial beneficial and they played festivals here last summer and want to change it up this summer.
    EP bookers wishlist for 2024 could very well have not aligned to either mine or your preferences or those of anyone on here.
    I‘m sure tens of thousands of people will have a great weekend in stradbally in august.
    there is an array of festivals in ireland to cater to people which diverging tastes to what EP is offering.

Snarky Snark Snark

yeah but a bit like the bout of shingles I had 23 years ago, the pain never really goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Errrrmmm for the hassle it’s caused maybe I’ll just delete this post so 😱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

Probably because it's three times in the last four editions rather than decade. With a fourth appearance in 2015.

ETA: That's from a very quick Google of ["the coronas" "electric picnic" site:www.setlist.fm]

Advertisement