Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

You were insisting Fontaines were playing EP not too long ago even though it was obvious they were going to do their own headline gigs later in the year 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Can confirm Corella are definitely out 🫤

Great show tonight in the grand social, personally would've liked to see at EP. Another act that is playing Reeding/Leeds but not EP

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GentleHumour

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/apr/25/shocking-truth-money-bands-make-on-tour-taylor-swift

Grim reading. From my count 15 of 22 top listed at EP are solo. (Not arsed to go further down the line up).

The decline of the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah and the ever expansion of electronic music as dominant sound/palate of popular music.
    The popularity and omni presence of bands from the 1960’s on was due to the funding by major labels.
    major labels ain’t giving massive advances to anyone anymore. They are working on licensing arrangements when artists themselves have funded and obtained a certain level of success

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I still haven't made it to this Berlinhaus, if I bump into you over the weekend you must take me to there, I do like a bit of Berlin Techno.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭rubick

We haven't been in it either yet! At least I know where it is now. I'm not sure if they even play techno in there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I am convinced this is what it looks like in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭rubick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Any more announcements coming up? Any sign of the funfair acts being announced? I'm hoping they have spiderbaby this year. It has the body of a spider but it's an actual baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Northernsoul

Latitude was the Worst festival i have ever attended. Was there as first festival to return after Covid. The sense of entitlement was outrageous, car park full of porches and range-rovers. Pissed up yummy mummies pushing sound asleep kids in prams up to the middle of the Chemical Bros set on the main stage. Horrible experience, never again.

• Advertisement

That Syd Barrett doc I missed is getting repeated at 12 AM on Sky Arts, Woot!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Postman had been today, blessed evenin all

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I suppose I should put up my reaction to the first announcement. For all of the other festivals I'm going to this year I've been underwhelmed by the initial announcement so I shouldn't be surprised that EP is no different.

That being said I'm disappointed that there's no act in the top two tiers that I'd be likely to pay to see. I wouldn't even say any of them pass the lower bar of act I'd like to see live but wouldn't be willing to pay their current ticket price .

But with no research I've over 10 acts I'd be happy to see and I'm probably not far off value. That looks like

€40 - Kylie: High standalone ticket price but relatively low interest so 120*(1/3).

€50 - Faithless, Kasabian, Nas: Not entirely convinced how much I want to see these.

€50 - Ethel Cain, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, The Waterboys: I've tickets for one of these already and I'll catch a different one at another festival.

€40 - Amble, Kneecap/Kojaque, Newdad, The Scratch.

€10 - Big Sleep, Spider: I've paid more than this to see them in the last year.

Given that I'm at €190 already another €100 should have me well clear of the ticket price. I reckon that's two good tent sub-headliners and a handful of early evening acts. This assumes Trailer Park, Salty Dog, and Jerry Fish give enough to occupy the afternoon and other timetable holes.

I've spent enough time at ATN watching food & drinks demos so I'd be happy to kill a few hours of EP in a similar place. Obviously if it became a frequent occurrence I'd be inclined to drop EP like I did ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I don't know if youve ever seen The Scratch live. But they are actually really good. Even if you are not familiar with their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yes they’re a sound bunch of hard working lads, met them boarding a plane in Schiphol end of last year, they’d just finished a run of shows, looked to have partied hard the night before. Surprisingly (Or maybe not) they don’t check their instruments in the hold, instead buying an extra seat beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Wooderson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

FYI Eco

🌟 Attention Loyal Campers! 🌟

We've got some important updates regarding Loyal camper registrations for Electric Picnic that we want to share with you.

We know how much you love being part of our community, and we're incredibly grateful for your loyalty and support over the years. However, to make sure everyone gets a fair chance to join us, we've had to make some changes.

Starting this year, we're introducing a new criteria for Loyal camper registrations where you must have camped with us at least two years to be eligible, we’re also capping the number of Loyal spots available. We understand this might come as a surprise, but please know it's all about fairness and giving everyone a chance to experience the magic of BYEco.

Here's what you need to know:
    • When Loyal Registration opens, if you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll receive a special link via email from EventBrite.
    • Follow the instructions in the link to register your details and obtain your free ticket.
    • Registrations are for one person only, not per tent. If you have friends or family who don't meet the criteria for Loyal camper status, they'll need to wait until General Registration opens.
    • If you didn’t get an email from EventBrite on the day, and believe you meet the eligibility criteria, please email us at hello@byecocamping.com making sure to include the email address you used to register with us.

We know change can be tough, but please understand that we're a small campsite with limited space. We're doing our best to accommodate everyone while maintaining the intimate vibe that makes BYEco special.

Please continue to follow us for further updates on registration dates.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We can't wait to see you at Electric Picnic!

#byecocamping

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lavdogg

Further announcement maybe? The Weeknd?

Snarky Snark Snark

never mind me. They could be about to make the line up exponentially worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

or else they’re just comparing their weekend with a long weekend, 50/50 chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Madonna in Rio looks amazing!!!
    Edit: can’t seem to post links anymore!

https://x.com/ben72781694/status/1787047749478965385?s=46

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

How good were Orbital last night in Vicar Street?! Amazing night out: great set, sound crowd and my calves are giving out from all the dancing. Worth every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jellybeano

Ah it was off the charts. Loved seeing them in a small venue instead of a main stage at a festival. That 20 min version of Impact was insane and the crowd for Halcyon was a thing of beauty 🫶

Yeah looking forward them at Beyond the Pale. Hopefully like some posters on this thread noted before the line up announcement that the first lot tends to be the most bland acts, that's top tiers now as there is some acts in the lower tiers that are decent. The second announcement will hopefully be a bit more interesting than blandsville, I'm hoping not too see the bloody Coronas, Picture This and Gavin James, The Script et all and some acts we can get our teeth into.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Agreed with the venue choice: really intimate and loud. Liked the D&B "Satan, Satan" and "Impact" went on and on and we didn't want it to end. Best I've seen them in quite a while and it augurs well for those attending BTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stillill42

As the old An Post ad used to go Melvin, saw this and thought of you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Doc07

They were amazing although in fairness so were the crowd. Class seeing 50 and even 60 year old ravers having a great time , great atmosphere. 25 years since I first saw them live in Ireland and just as good if not better . My knees are in bits from jumping up and down like a mad man

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

they have a fine line up this year incl. Ms Nadine Shah who’s in whelans tomorrow night. Quite looking forward to her.

Advertisement