Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - All data, calls, text (4 weeks plan) for €6.50 for the first 3 plans and €12.99 thereafter

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Do 48 let you use your phone as a hotspot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

No problems with roaming for over a year now.Even outside the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭spakman

Picking up 5G for past while. Not sure if will make any noticeable difference tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

4G is so fast, I don’t think 5G is worth upgrading for. I suppose if you are using it as a hotspot. BTW 5G tends to run your phone battery down faster too.

now that you say it, my battery was going down faster than normal and phone was quite hot - changed network settings to exclude 5G and phone not as hot to hold

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

People who might have problems with data on 48 can try and change there APN settings to 3ireland.ie as 48 piggybacks on the 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I keep this photo in my gallery just incase but these settings allow roaming for me in 48 with an iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I have crap data when I go back to my parents and just tried this and it's much better. Could I just leave the 3 Ireland apn settings on permanently? Also, have you got a link to the full settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

You can leave the 3ireland settings on permanently if you want to, there should be no disruption to your service. As for a link just search Google for 3ireland APN settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Based on the coverage maps for 4G and 5G, it appears that 5G has far greater coverage. It's becoming frustrating when the signal keeps dropping in the car or on the train. Is this actually the case from anyones experience as that would be reason for me to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭KildareP

No. Their coverage map differentiates between indoor and outdoor coverage for 4G, but 5G only shows if 5G is available in the general area. Besides the fact their 5G is non-standalone, meaning it relies on an underlying 4G signal to work. No 4G = No 5G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

ported the mother over last week, she’s away tomorrow. If roaming doesn’t automatically happen when she gets there I’ll be out of the will and shunned from the family 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

It probably won't it never has anytime I was in Spain or the UK.

Send her this

Make sure that mobile data and roaming options are enabled on your handset

1. Next check your APN settings are correctly updated on your phone.
      In in order to enter APN settings, go to Settings> Mobile Network> Access Point Names.
    2. Delete the existing APN settings which are already saved to your phone.
      Enter the following APN settings: 

Name- 48 Internet
    APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy - Not set
    Port - Not set
    Username - user
    Password - Not set

Server - Not set
    MMSC - http://mmc1/servlets/mmsMMS proxy - 10.1.11.19
    MMS port - 8080
    MCC - 272
    MNC - 11
    Authentication type - PAP
    APN type - default, supl, mms

Then save your settings

• iPhone: Appears within your handset settings. Go to settings > Mobile Data > SIM Application
    • Huawei: Similar to Android and appears as a stand-alone app but can often be located in your tool’s folder.

Open 48 Sim Menu >> When abroad >> Network selection.

1. Select Manual
    2. You’ll see 2 options International – Roaming profile and Local Home Profile
    3. Select International – Roaming Profile
    4. Once selected you will see a prompt that says refreshing SIM data
    5. Look at your signal bar, has signal come through

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Summer2020

a ridiculous thing to have to send to a probably quite elderly person just to enable a phone to roam. How 48 are still getting away with this I’ll never know. Regulator absolutely useless

No problems for well over a year now roaming in the UK or EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭986s

Can anyone help with enabling hotspot access from my iPhone on my 48 plan? I’m pretty sure it worked initially but can’t get it set up now.

On a separate matter if someone I Know is abroad it won’t let me call them— any workaround for that. I’m on the €12.99 plan.

Any help much appreciated

Can't help with iphone hotspotting.Is the person you're calling on an Irish number? Shouldn't be a problem then.Otherwise you need credit in your account or download an app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Seems to be hit and miss. Can confirm the mother who had a week old sim arrived yesterday and it didn’t work.
    Every other network there is zero issues it happens automatically don’t understand how these can’t get it right.

Advertisement