Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

would love to see an alt-timeline SWORD with Daisy heading it up - even for just the faint hope of her being brought into the main cannon, with Mac as well.

Two great characters they've just left by the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

I never liked Mac far too holier than thou and god bothering.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Agent Carter got cancelled on a cliff hanger. I'm just saying.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

More Hailey atwell on screen and I'm sold.

Really wish we got a proper Captain Carter tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wouldn't consider myself a hardline nationalist but the thought of that Union Jack shield flying here, there and everywhere doesn't hold much appeal to me to be honest. I imagine several international markets like Argentina might be similar.

The American Star (and Blue/Red/White) hasn't had that issue so I don't see why it would be an issue for Captain Carter?

Plus, the UK could probably do with someone representing that flag that actually likes humans and is about saving people and doing good; not hatred and bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well in the next Captain America movie they're introducing an Israeli superhero who in the comics was a member of the IDF and was a Mossad agent, so in terms of international relations I'd say that's going to be far more jarring to a lot of people than a shield with the British flag on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

"Poochie'd" isn't used half enough. It's almost as if everyone's forgotten him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh yikes, I hadn't realised that; can't think of who that might be from the comics, but I wonder are Marvel contemplating any reshoots? I know pro-Israel positions are still quite strong in America but there has been a distinct and growing animosity worldwide - and even among liberals in America itself.

Her name is Sabra. Not a huge or even well-known character in the comics by any stretch (I'd never heard of her until her name popped up during filming reports etc), but I think since they're undergoing a lot of reshoots anyway, they'll likely change/edit a few things. Hard to see how though considering her Israeli identity is such a core part of the character. Wikipedia just says "In response to criticism from Palestinians and supporters about the decision to include the character, Marvel Studios stated that they were going to take a new approach to the character."

The actress playing her also served in the IDF voluntarily even though she was considered exempt from mandatory conscription on medical grounds. So yeah.... even if they change the character in the film a bit, the press tour, depending on what happens between now and then, might be rough.

An Isreali hero who was in the IDF and formr Mossad.

Could be they became disillussioned with their goverments behaviour and have struck out on their own... Like Captain America did in the comics, as Nomad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wikipedia just says "In response to criticism from Palestinians and supporters about the decision to include the character, Marvel Studios stated that they were going to take a new approach to the character."

Ha: so a mixture of ADR and maybe a hasty scene of Sabra sharing an ice-cream with some Palestinian children? Though like @Mitch Connor they could do similar to what they did with Cap. and make her a disillusioned soldier.

Given the actress herself was in the IDF, I can't imagine she'd agree to do reshoots saying she's now disillusioned by the Israeli government and left the country.

I'd say they'll just go the simpler route of "She's not Israeli, she's just Jewish and worked for the US government". Just not mention it at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hopefully that rumour about Evan’s isn’t true.

Stark, Romanoff and Rogers are dead shouldn’t be brought back - especially for cameos.

I would also like the storytelling to return to one universe.

Alternate reality stories can be fun but a whole movie franchise of them is too much.

It might have been better for the phase to just work on the new characters being introduced.

Marvel and Disney have fill distribution rights to The Hulk now don’t they? I really wish they’d do a new solo movie. Maybe set during his fugitive years.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Read an interview with Ruffalo talking about how unlikely a Hulk solo movie is. Said it's so expensive effects-wise for every minute the Hulk is on-screen so Marvel isn't too keen on the project. He's up for it though....

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sebastian Stan & Daniel Bruhl not returning for Captain America 4 according to Mackie.

And a second season of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier doesn't look like it will happen.

The film is also to under go extensive reshoots from May to August.

The film is also to under go extensive reshoots from May to August.

Planned or sudden, I wonder. I know the MCU films reshoot as a reflex but given what we have spoken of re. the Israeli character it might be a rejig away from her history.

Mind you, Hollywood has been fairly antagonistic towards Palestinian or even pacifistic voices, so I'd be surprised they were being this conscientious

• Advertisement

Reshoots were announced at the end of last year after bad test screenings, So I guess now that they don't start till May it gives them time to feel the climate to current events and rewrite the rewrites over the next few weeks if they feel those events will hurt them.

i had assumed Bucky was in it but this is good news as it means More time devoted to Wilson and new characters.

I loved the series but not that they turned Zemo into someone more lighthearted. The serious Civil War Zemo was one of the best villains of the movies and his motivations had me question the whole superhero thing.

I think Disney and Marvel and their stars have been quiet on that topic and maybe Disney doesn’t want to be seen as taking a side as it would affect box office in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Florence giving a quick look around the back of Thunderbolts.

Nothing really here apart from her new outfit.

Oh and for some reason it is now called "Thunderbolts*". Not sure what the * means

Post edited by CastorTroy on

Jessica & Luke need to start teasing next

Self deprecating April Fools? Man, if the MCU can somehow redeem Finn Jones' Iron Fist then they haven't completely lost the golden touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe he's teasing playing Limahl in a biopic?

To be honest, I thought that series was just finding its feet and finished far stronger than it started.

He would need to be a brilliant screen fighter for any reboot though

• Advertisement

Oh please let it happen,

Sam Raimi wants to direct Secert Wars.

They haven’t asked me yet. I hope they do

Advertisement