Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Updated Referrer List:

Housefree, CastorTroy, cyborg, deckie27, WarZoneBrother, Doge, jj880, KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022), copperspock, Mech1, F00t13f4n, Horse_Boii, mrcheez, A2LUE42, bungaro79, JACK BE NIMBLE, wallaby72, Splish Splash (last active Nov 18 2023), Treppen, sfatih, Richnerd, deadduck, amber2, Only

• pissed

soap1978, cullenswood, paulie13, JoeCat, Sanestino, antodeco, Markjsca1, bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi

Next person looking for a referral PM @pissed to get a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral (1st time headset owner bought brand new):

1. Please do not activate your headset before opening the referral link.
    2. Open the referral link.
    3. Click sign up / login
    4. Login with your meta account OR Create a meta account if you dont have one (I recommend setup with email option*).
    5. Use the same meta account login details when activating your headset.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want but you dont have to.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

1. Must be done within 7 days of first activation of headset.
    2. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to re-download and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    3. Remove the Meta Quest headset from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.
    4. Open the referral link.
    5. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    6. Setup your headset again.

Any updates needed to these steps please let us know.

Double referral credit guide from mrcheez for Quest headset owners upgrading:

Meta have updated their terms to clarify that referrals are for first time headset activation with a Meta account. E.g. if you already own a Quest 2 and purchase a Quest 3 then no referral unfortunately. HOWEVER mrcheez has managed to refer himself while upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3 resulting in 2 x 30 euro referral credit. Please see these posts for more info:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121224934/#Comment_121224934

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121507775/#Comment_121507775

Double referral credit guide from podgeandrodge for Quest headset owners upgrading:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121504036/#Comment_121504036

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121506107/#Comment_121506107

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

From what I gathered after I read a bit after I did my process was that

• you can activate on the burner account (just don't claim Asgards Wrath 2)
    • get the €30 on both accounts (hopefully instantly as it was for me at the time)
    • from your burner account, gift your main account €30 worth of games (not sure if you can gift discounts)
    • factory reset the Q3
    • re-activate using the main account
    • claim Asgard's Wrath 2 at that stage from the main account

The reason I think it works like this (other than what ppl on reddit said) is that the Meta Quest+ 6 month offer was showing on my burner account when I first logged in (I didn't claim it, unlike Asgard's Wrath which I did), and then it also showed up on the re-activated main account after.

Good summary. I'll include this in place of some previous links in the referral list post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• "get the €30 on both accounts (hopefully instantly as it was for me at the time)

Ahh...I had read it took up to 30 days so didn't expect it. And my wallet was zero. Then I saw that I had to go into the "refer a friend" section and there sure enough was an offer to "redeem" my €30, which has no landed in my account. €60. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Does Meta account = Facebook account?

(Sorry, am very ignorant of social media, just know Facebook changed to Meta 2 years ago)

• Advertisement

No.. a Meta account is thankfully not a Facebook account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Hi all. Basq used my referral link on the 18th, and I’ve seen nothing come through yet, but from a bit of googling it seems it can be instant, or up to 7 days, or up to 30 days.

anyone got an idea from experience on this thread when I should expect it to show up? No big hurry or anything, but I didn’t get any notification that Basq had used the link, so I’m not sure if it actually went through correctly or not?

Sounds like your referral link has been accepted but you wont get the credit until headset is activated. At this stage that could be Christmas morning. Check the device referral section of your mobile app. If you have a new referral with "Accepted" under it you're all set. It will change to a "Redeem Credit" button when the headset is activated.

Edit: or has @Basq already activated the headset?

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

As far as I know he has. I don’t have anything showing in the referral section of my Meta/Oculus app, it’s the same as it was before I shared the link:

That makes me think your referral link wasnt accepted. A meta account must be created / logged in with as soon as a referral link is opened (this creates an "Accepted" device referral entry in the referrer's mobile app) then when the same meta account details are used when activating the headset this creates the "Redeem" button in the same place (usually instantly or within a few hours).

Ok I'd wait for confirmation from Basq. If he has activated headset then usually a support ticket gives the credit no problem.

See my 2 quoted posts above.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

When I go to referrals section I can see my brother's referral has been used but not activated. Once he turns on the device and logs in I will get my credit.

As long as he activates with the same meta account login he used when accepting your referral link you both get the credit 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

@deadduck - yeah, was wondering the same about the credit.

100% I created an account using your referral link and headset has been used over last few days.

I'll throw in a support ticket and let you know.

My credit with a colleague also didn't work so it definitely drops some users.

Support ticket worked, though it took a few emails back and forth over a few days to finally sort it.

That's right I forgot you had some hassle too. Will add the support link to main referral post 👍.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Hi, I have a couple of questions if that's ok please?

Would a UK referral link work for setting up a new quest in Ireland? If so, how would this work in terms of the currency of the referral credit, and the region that would be on the new account going forward? My son will be setting up his quest at Christmas. We are in Ireland, but a family member in UK has offered a referral link.

We also have a euro Meta voucher code that has been given to my son as a gift for Christmas. Will there be any problems redeeming this given that it's in € whereas the referral link was from UK?

With regards the Facebook account for receiving the referral link, is it ok to set up a new Facebook account for this purpose? Thanks

No problem. Family member in UK can refer your son. They get £23. Your son gets 30 euro. I referred my aunty in UK only a few weeks ago. Referral region wont effect your meta account region or referral voucher. Set up an Ireland meta account. Euro voucher will still be fine to use.

You dont need a facebook account any more. In my steps for accepting a referral I recommend setting up meta account with email address. This way you can add a Facebook account later to get some Facebook functionality if you want (e.g. messenger) but you dont have to.

Brilliant! Thanks for taking the time to explain that, I really appreciate it.

Once my son has his quest set up, will he be able to generate his own referral link straight away then if he wants to send a referral to someone else?

Yup. Copy the link from the referral section of his mobile app.

Is this new? 😳

Has anyone got 60 euro for referring a Quest 3 headset? Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Hmmm. Ive been opening the referral section of the mobile app daily for the last while. First time Ive noticed this. My guess is this only went live today or in the last few days. Im pretty sure I would have noticed it if it was there even a few days ago.

Mobile app updated 5 days ago.

I recommend anyone activating a Quest 3 with a referral accepted or anyone waiting on a Quest 3 referral to be activated on Christmas day to update the mobile app now. You may get 60 euro instead of 30 euro.

Post edited by jj880 on

Yeah the referral link now says "Refer a friend and earn double rewards"

December promo it seems

Granted December is almost over, so it's realistically a Christmas promo as it only went live today

Yeah Im pretty sure this went live today also. So even if you haven't updated the app you'll probably get it. Wouldn't hurt to update anyway to be certain.

Just checked the referral link and the wording on the Web page also says 60...nice!

Yep we have just activated a new quest 3 and received €60 credit using a relative's referral link. Very happy with that 😊

Can I be added to the referrer list please? Happy Christmas 🌲

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mazzybabsxx

Any chance of a referral link

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Quango Unchained

Also looking for a referral link please.

• Advertisement

Advertisement