Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭jj880

Updated Referrer List:

Housefree, CastorTroy, cyborg, deckie27, WarZoneBrother, Doge, jj880, KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022), copperspock, Mech1, F00t13f4n, Horse_Boii, mrcheez, A2LUE42, bungaro79, JACK BE NIMBLE, wallaby72, Splish Splash (last active Nov 18 2023), Treppen, sfatih, Richnerd, deadduck, amber2, Only, pissed, soap1978, cullenswood, paulie13, JoeCat, Sanestino, antodeco

• Sanestino

Markjsca1, bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi, carazeb, Seve OB, Quango Unchained, ForestFire, Basq, Julez, Scruff, ozmo, Officer Giggles

Next person looking for a referral PM @Sanestino to get a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral (1st time headset owner bought brand new):

1. Please do not activate your headset before opening the referral link.
    2. Open the referral link.
    3. Click sign up / login
    4. Login with your meta account OR Create a meta account if you dont have one (I recommend setup with email option*).
    5. Use the same meta account login details when activating your headset.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want but you dont have to.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

1. Must be done within 7 days of first activation of headset.
    2. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to re-download and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    3. Remove the Meta Quest headset from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.
    4. Open the referral link.
    5. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    6. Setup your headset again.

Any updates needed to these steps please let us know.

Official Meta Guide on referrals including how referrers can redeem credit:

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/orders-and-returns/articles/referrals-meta-store/

Double referral credit guide from mrcheez for Quest headset owners upgrading:

Meta have updated their terms to clarify that referrals are for first time headset activation with a Meta account. E.g. if you already own a Quest 2 and purchase a Quest 3 then no referral unfortunately. HOWEVER mrcheez has managed to refer himself while upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3 resulting in 2 x 30 euro referral credit. Please see these posts for more info:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121224934/#Comment_121224934

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121507775/#Comment_121507775

Double referral credit guide from podgeandrodge for Quest headset owners upgrading:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121504036/#Comment_121504036

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121506107/#Comment_121506107

Any issues with referrals not working open a Meta ticket here - they will give the referral credit:

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

Goto: Orders and Payments >> Hardware or device purchase issue >> I have a referral issue >> This did not solve my issue >> Email Us / WhatsApp (Email very slow to resolve, WhatsApp getting quickest results). Meta support will require both sets of full name, email address and meta username to resolve.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can I be put down on the referrer list again please? Person I shared with isint able to get it to work as something up with their account. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sanestino

just heads up that I'll be away for a fortnight - my code in the meta referrals is sansan.718718

• Advertisement

We need you referral link from your Meta mobile app:

Copy the link and PM to me. I'll make sure you dont miss your referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Didn’t realise you can get referral credit for apps also. That’s pretty cool.

are we doing that here?

am I correct in assuming apps = games, such as beats sabre and golf etc

Oh yes. Post in the app / game referral thread here:

before buying a game / app to get a referral link for a 25% discount or give your link to others and receive 5 euro credit 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

And DONT refund your game or u get nada ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Can I use a referral from @Sanestino if I purchased a new Quest 2 having had one before and never redeemed a referral link before? If so, I’m ready to do it

I suspect from reading the terms and conditions that its only possible for a 1st time device registration per meta account.

Its an unusual case though so give it a try anyway with @Sanestino 's link and let us know. Sanestino please PM your link to kensutz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sanestino

@kensutz nothing came up on my end. By the sound the referral might be for new accounts rather than additional devices

Cant seem to repeat the referral list without a lot of annoying formatting going on. The new post editor is a PITA.

kensutz got the referral cash so going to assume @Sanestino got it also. Next person looking for a referral please request a link from @antodeco . Old list and referral instructions are here:

Hopefully soon I can figure out how to repeat the list + instructions without recreating it again line by line.

Updated Referrer List:

Housefree, CastorTroy, cyborg, deckie27, WarZoneBrother, Doge, jj880, KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022), copperspock, Mech1, F00t13f4n, Horse_Boii, mrcheez, A2LUE42, bungaro79, JACK BE NIMBLE, wallaby72, Splish Splash (last active Nov 18 2023), Treppen, sfatih, Richnerd, deadduck, amber2, Only, pissed, soap1978, cullenswood, paulie13, JoeCat, Sanestino, antodeco

• antodeco

Markjsca1, bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi, carazeb, Seve OB, Quango Unchained, ForestFire, Basq, Julez, Scruff, ozmo, Officer Giggles

Next person looking for a referral PM @antodeco to get a referral link.

3. Click sign up / login
    4. Login with your meta account OR Create a meta account if you dont have one (I recommend setup with email option*).
    5. Use the same meta account login details when activating your headset

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want but you dont have to.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

2. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app→settings→devices→factory reset OR with headset powered off hold volume down + power button for 5 seconds→choose factory reset from menu. Please note any installed games will have to re-download and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    3. Open the referral link.
    4. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    5. Setup your headset again.

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/orders-and-returns/articles/referrals-meta-store/

Meta have updated their terms to clarify that referrals are for first time headset activation with a Meta account. E.g. if you already own a Quest 2 and purchase a Quest 3 then no referral unfortunately. HOWEVER mrcheez has managed to refer himself while upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3 resulting in 2 x 30 euro referral credit. Please see these posts for more info:

Double referral credit guide from podgeandrodge for Quest headset owners upgrading:

Any issues with referrals not working open a Meta ticket here - they will give the referral credit:

Goto: Orders and Payments >> Hardware or device purchase issue >> I have a referral issue >> This did not solve my issue >> Email Us / WhatsApp (Email very slow to resolve, WhatsApp getting quickest results). Meta support will require both sets of full name, email address and meta username to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

Morning All,

Getting a Quest2 from Currys today so looking for a credit referral. I have PM'd @anotdeco

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

@antodeco still has the code available. He did pass on his code but the young lad had got one from his pal in school just before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donoghm

Hi got a Quest2 from Currys and found this thread for referral. I have PM'd @anotdeco

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donoghm

Myself and @antodeco got it to work, but I haven't a referral link available for me to share yet.
    I see this happens to other users sometimes, you can move on to next in list

Updated Referrer List:

• Markjsca1

bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi, carazeb, Seve OB, Quango Unchained, ForestFire, Basq, Julez, Scruff, ozmo, Officer Giggles, donoghm

Next person looking for a referral PM @Markjsca1 to get a referral link.

3. Click sign up / login
    5. Use the same meta account login details when activating your headset

2. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app→settings→devices→factory reset OR with headset powered off hold volume down + power button for 5 seconds→choose factory reset from menu. Please note any installed games will have to re-download and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    3. Open the referral link.
    4. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    5. Setup your headset again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement