Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I just PM'd Richnerd looking for a referral link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Richnerd

I have replied to bruschi via pm, and i cant send links so i sent a screenshot, if you have any difficulties get back to me

Many Thanks, Richnerd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭jj880

Great to see this thread taking off again!! 👍️

Updated Referrer List:

Housefree, CastorTroy, cyborg, deckie27, WarZoneBrother, Doge, jj880, KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022), copperspock, Mech1, F00t13f4n, Horse_Boii, mrcheez, A2LUE42, bungaro79, JACK BE NIMBLE, wallaby72, Splish Splash (last active Nov 18 2023), Treppen, sfatih, Richnerd

• deadduck

amber2, Only, pissed, soap1978, cullenswood, paulie13, JoeCat, Sanestino, antodeco, Markjsca1, bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi

Next person looking for a referral PM @deadduck to get a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral:

1. Please do not activate your headset before opening the referral link.
    2. Open the referral link.
    3. Click sign up / login
    4. Login with your meta account OR Create a meta account if you dont have one (I recommend setup with email option*).
    5. Use the same meta account login details when activating your headset.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want but you dont have to.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

1. Must be done within 7 days of first activation of headset.
    2. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to re-download and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    3. Remove the Meta Quest headset from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.
    4. Open the referral link.
    5. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    6. Setup your headset again.

Any updates needed to these steps please let us know.

For Quest headset owners upgrading to Quest 3:

Meta have updated their terms to clarify that referrals are for first time headset activation with a Meta account. E.g. if you already own a Quest 2 and purchase a Quest 3 then no referral unfortunately. HOWEVER mrcheez has managed to refer himself while upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3 resulting in 2 x 30 euro referral credit. Please see these posts for more info:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121224934/#Comment_121224934

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121227816/#Comment_121227816

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121232765/#Comment_121232765

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121232871/#Comment_121232871

Post edited by jj880 on

Thanks Richnerd, got your link. Link works fine, but got an error "There was an issue with accepting this referral. You may not be eligible because the country or region is not supported, you referred yourself or you already accepted this referral." Seems a few on the meta forum got the same thing too and issues with it. Will see how it goes. @jj880 if you want to add me to that list too, that'd be great.

Done.

On the referral if @Richnerd can see your meta profile with accepted under it in the referral section of his mobile app you're all good:

• Advertisement

Strange. @bruschi what country are you in?

Also is this your first quest headset?

Is headset new or 2nd hand?

Post edited by jj880 on

In Ireland, first headset bought new. I'm sure it'll get sorted. One thing that maybe the issue, the "referral program" banner thing is not on my app. It seems like it should be above the "help" section on the menu tab, but its not there.

Any time there was any problems with any referrals I gave opening a ticket here sorted it: https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

They seem to have no problems sorting the referral credit and usually do it quickly👍

I Haven't received my credit so can you please ensure that I don't drop to the end of this list!

I have been patiently waiting same as everyone else for months.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hopefully this can all be sorted in the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

which of these did you go to?

I gave a referral to a colleague and it's showing the half-way progress bar, but it's been a week now and neither of us have the credit.

I think he might have done something silly like activating the headset with a Facebook account first before adding his meta or something... I've asked him to factory reset the device but not sure he's bothered 😣

€30 means nothing to the guy

No worries. If it doesn't get sorted you will be back to the front of the queue.

Twas always the referee that opened the ticket as twas them having the issue. I think if you get a ticket open at all they'll sort it.

I'd go for:

Orders and Payments >> Hardware or device purchase issue >> I have a referral issue >> This did not solve my issue

Then send them an email

have a ticket opened and someone looking into it, so hopefully gets sorted!

All sorted, finally! Thanks @Richnerd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

My referral didn't work after activating the quest 3 so got onto chat and the meta employee said he'd add credit to both accounts as an act of good will.

Not sure why it didn't work. Took a while on chat too, slow typer I think.

Thanks jj880 for all his help regarding referrals.

yeah the one I did with my colleague also didn't work... it actually took about 5 different meta guys to go through until one appeared and apologized for all the previous incompetents and credited us both

hmmm... maybe they're on to the @mrcheez method for double referral when upgrading by now 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just got a Quest 2 today but probably will be another few days before I set it up.

What's the dealio? I PM @deadduck for a referral link, is it?

• Advertisement

Yeah. You use deadduck's referral link now to create a meta account. That will connect the referral to the meta account. Then use the same meta login details when turning on the headset and you get 30 euro store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Just PM'ed you the link now, let me know if you've any bother

Updated Referrer List:

Housefree, CastorTroy, cyborg, deckie27, WarZoneBrother, Doge, jj880, KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022), copperspock, Mech1, F00t13f4n, Horse_Boii, mrcheez, A2LUE42, bungaro79, JACK BE NIMBLE, wallaby72, Splish Splash (last active Nov 18 2023), Treppen, sfatih, Richnerd, deadduck

• amber2

Only, pissed, soap1978, cullenswood, paulie13, JoeCat, Sanestino, antodeco, Markjsca1, bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi

Next person looking for a referral PM @amber2 to get a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral:

3. Click sign up / login
    4. Login with your meta account OR Create a meta account if you dont have one (I recommend setup with email option*).

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want but you dont have to.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

2. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to re-download and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    3. Remove the Meta Quest headset from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.

For Quest headset owners upgrading to Quest 3:

Meta have updated their terms to clarify that referrals are for first time headset activation with a Meta account. E.g. if you already own a Quest 2 and purchase a Quest 3 then no referral unfortunately. HOWEVER mrcheez has managed to refer himself while upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3 resulting in 2 x 30 euro referral credit. Please see these posts for more info:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭amber2

Link sent to @ Donutz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Bit confused about the whole "refer yourself" thing for 2x€30 credits. If you set up your Quest 3 to get the Asgards Wrath 2 on your main account, and then can simply factory reset it and claim the referral credit, does this not mean people can always get referral credit by simply factory resetting each time the device is sold?

It's this guide on reddit that was confusing me! But he appears to have got the 2 credits and ALSO kept the game on his main account.

How to upgrade from the Quest 1 to Quest 2/3 while being able to get the Quest referral bonus (and get your bonus game if you get a Quest 3)

Someone posted asking if it was possible to upgrade from a Quest 1 to a Quest 3 while still utilizing the Quest Referral Program. There is little to no information on if this is possible for the dozens of us who still have Quest 1s and want to upgrade to a Quest 2 or 3. It is not only possible, but it’s possible to both get the referral credit and keep your free bonus game, such as Asgard’s Wrath 2. The Quest Referral Program, which lets you get the referral bonus within seven days of the device's purchase, and the bonus game offers work different, which is based on the account it's first activated on. I've chatted with Meta customer support and since you don't have a Quest 2 or 3, it is condoned and even suggested by their customer support since you're not self-referring yourself and you can't even have your own referral link unless you have a Quest 2/3/Pro attached to your account.

The only thing other than a smartphone you need is a separate email address to create a new Meta account.

Disclaimer: This is based on chatting with Meta customer support and it’s an official policy, it can change at any time (at the end of the day I am just a person on the internet passing knowledge along. Also, for transparency, I will post my referral links in the post.

If you are upgrading to a Quest 2, skip past the --- section since at the moment there are no bonus games for purchasing a Quest 2.

Important - If you are getting a Quest 3 and there is a free game promotion (such as Asgard's Wrath 2): Setup your Quest 3 with your primary Oculus/Meta account. Once you login to the Quest 3 with your primary Meta/Oculus account, you'll get an email confirmation saying to redeem the offer. Redeem it immediately; that way, the game will be registered with that account instead of the secondary account you'll create in a few moments. You can confirm in the Quest app store that the game is attached to your account ("redeemed with your headset purchase").

After you do that, go to this link and delete the Quest 3 from your account, you'll get an email confirmation that a remote wipe has been indicated. Wait a moment and turn off/turn on your headset. Upon bootup, the device will automatically restart on its own and will do a factory reset. (Continue with the steps below to utilize the Quest Referral Program)

In the Meta Quest app, go to the settings section of the app and log out. You'll be prompted to login or create a Meta account. Click on "continue with email" and create a new Meta account, using either a spare email address including but not limited to via Gmail, iCloud+'s Hide My Email feature, or even DuckDuckGo's email feature.

Before you log into the Quest 2/3 with your secondary Meta account, activate the referral program on your account via a referral link of your choice. Make sure you see this page showing you're ready before moving forward (try the above step again if you didn't get that page).

Now that your secondary Meta account has a referral attached to it, simply set up your Quest 2/3 with this account. Upon successfully setting up the device, go to the "Wallet" section in the Settings tab of the Meta Quest app to confirm the $30 has been added to your account, it should have been immediately added to your account (it'll take 30 days for the sender to receive their $30 credit).

With your $30 credit, you can gift games/apps to your primary account no problem. To make the credit go even further, you can utilize referral links for certain apps for a 25% discount, which will even be applied to apps gifted to your primary or another Meta/Oculus account. I'll post my recommendations, with referral links, at the end of the post. Before you purchase any game, click on the referral link for that app and get confirmation for the discount to work. It won't work if you do it afterwards. Many people have posted their respective referral links in different subreddits, other websites, etc.

When you want to gift a game/app to your primary Oculus/Meta account, find your primary account via your Meta/Oculus username or email address. It'll caution you that you two aren't friends and to be careful, but simply proceed. If you're super cautious about it, you can send it to your primary email address and redeem the code in your Quest app. You have up to 30 days to redeem the code, otherwise it'll be voided and your secondary account will get a refund.

Once you utilize all your store credit, you can either sign into your primary account in the headset (you can have up to four accounts active in your headset, including purchase sharing), or do another factory reset and set up the device again to have your primary account the admin for the headset. Don't worry, your purchases, gifted or not, will stay in your account.

As far as Im aware referral can only be done at first time device activation. If you activate without doing a referral you have 7 days to factory reset and do the referral.

EDIT: After a 2nd read of your post it seems this guide could be used for anyone upgrading any quest headset. I'll include it in the main referral list post.

Post edited by jj880 on

Updated Referrer List:

Housefree, CastorTroy, cyborg, deckie27, WarZoneBrother, Doge, jj880, KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022), copperspock, Mech1, F00t13f4n, Horse_Boii, mrcheez, A2LUE42, bungaro79, JACK BE NIMBLE, wallaby72, Splish Splash (last active Nov 18 2023), Treppen, sfatih, Richnerd, deadduck, amber2

• Only

pissed, soap1978, cullenswood, paulie13, JoeCat, Sanestino, antodeco, Markjsca1, bullmccabe2010, nedd, bruschi

Next person looking for a referral PM @Only to get a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral (1st time headset owner bought brand new):

3. Click sign up / login

Double referral credit guide from mrcheez for Quest headset owners upgrading:

Double referral credit guide from podgeandrodge for Quest headset owners upgrading:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121504036/#Comment_121504036

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121506107/#Comment_121506107

Post edited by jj880 on

Ya, you can get Asgards Wrath on your main account rather than the temp referral account

I realised this after, but it makes no odds to me, I'll just use the other account for that one game

Or I'll just pirate Asgards Wrath 2 to get it onto my main account later if it really bothers me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I have PM'd  @Only for a referral request just there for new Meta Quest device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So, I followed the guide I had posted (and feel bad for the reddit poster that made the guide as he had included referral links for himself for people to use as a thank you, but I couldn't post them here!).

@mrcheez @jj880

Anyway, main difference from @mrcheez guide (with thanks), is where he didn't get Asgards Wrath 2 on his original account. The reddit guide posted by me has one main difference - it says activate on your MAIN account first and redeem Asgards on your main account. Then delete the Quest 3 and set up with referral on a new account. I did this, got my €30 credit from my main account, then gifted €30 worth of games to my original account from my burner account. Then another reset, and set up the Quest 3 with my main account. Asgards still there along with all the original content on my main account, and then received the gifted items from my burner account about an hour later. I believe getting the SECOND €30 on my MAIN account will take a few weeks, but I have no reason to believe it won't appear.

Thanks to @mrcheez and @jj880 engaging on this on boards as it got me to this point - €60 in credit, keep the Asgards 2.

Advertisement